User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    My rules for conversation:
    1. Don't take small talk literally.
    2. Don't delve into quantum mechanics until AT LEAST 30 minutes after the conversation has begun.
    3. Spend as much time talking as listening. (and vice versa)
    4. Don't make jokes about the death of cute forest creatures.
    5. Don't initiate a conversation about morality philosphic subjects. However, you may participate in the aforementioned discussion if the other person initiated it.
    6. Don't say things just to test people's reactions; most don't like that.
    7. It's a conversation, not an argument; don't get so devoted to winning.
    8. Don't point out flaws in the other person's speech.
    9. Tread carefully when talking Talk a little bit about the other person's appearance or physique.
    10. In casual conversation, it's usually best to turn off "critic mode."
    11. The other person has eyes; make eye contact. However, do not stare them down.
    (These rules may not apply if the other person broke them first.)

That being said, I break most of them on a regular basis.

Also, I shall raise my hand.
    There, those could be my rules!

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Excellent use of Fe to draw a person in! Hone in on what a person tells you, keep finding points of commonality, show that you're interested, and eventually you'll have a phone number. Do not overanalyze the conversation or how self-conscious you are in executing it. People will give you plenty of information to go off of if you're just listening to what they're saying and not concentrating on your next move.

I think this is an IxTPs best bet for suckering seduction. It doesn't need to be grand, very simple.
    Actually, about the self-conscious part, Whenever a conversation falls silent I love to say "I'm really thinking of conversation topics but my mind is just blank." or "I hate these awkward silences." It may look self-conscious, but I demonstrate I'm well aware of it, and at least still feel comfortable.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Excellent use of Fe to draw a person in! Hone in on what a person tells you, keep finding points of commonality, show that you're interested, and eventually you'll have a phone number. Do not overanalyze the conversation or how self-conscious you are in executing it. People will give you plenty of information to go off of if you're just listening to what they're saying and not concentrating on your next move.

I think this is an IxTPs best bet for suckering seduction. It doesn't need to be grand, very simple.
    yeah, works well enough, as long as there willing to talk to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    You guys give yourself too little credit.

I suppose you could play off the Ne; make little witty observations around (BUT NOT NECESSARILY 'ABOUT'. SOME OF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN OFF-BUTTON ONCE YOU GET STARTED RIBBING ON SOMEONE) your love interest.
    never works for me. they usually just look at me like who's this clown?!! or they take it the wrong way and get mad at me.

I know I suck at it. How some of these other intp's I hear about that have SO, I wonder how they manage it.

What could we do better? I wouldn't know

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    True, raise your hand if you've ever scared of a person this way
    can I raise both feet too
    Last edited by MacGuffin; 07-12-2009 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Merging 3 post(s)
    AKA: Choss

It's not theoretically possible

Interesting novel thoughts proliferate

Incessently needing to ponder

I never think practically

It's never too precise

Insane nerds throwing parties

I'm not the problem

I'm not that popular

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

how to seduce as an INTP? I'm working on my Kramer impersonation, that's the highest sophistication of my game. I can do clueless dorky like you wouldn't believe!

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    You guys give yourself too little credit.

I suppose you could play off the Ne; make little witty observations around (BUT NOT NECESSARILY 'ABOUT'. SOME OF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN OFF-BUTTON ONCE YOU GET STARTED RIBBING ON SOMEONE) your love interest.

Haha!
    Except my Ne and Se is focused on being George Carlin rather than "make her like you"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    My rules for conversation:
    [LIST=1]
    [*]Don't delve into quantum mechanics until AT LEAST 30 minutes after the conversation has begun.

That being said, I break most of them on a regular basis.
    OMG, who talks about quantum mechanics in social-situation conversations??? And really, how does THAT work? "Your beauty reminds of Feynmann path integral formulation"? Why does QM have such an intellectual or whatever reputation? Physics has lots of topics, as does advanced mathematics. Other than quirkiness and the potential for philosophical interpreatations, what does QM really have going for it? Note: I took 4 years of QM in school.

"Your beauty reminds me of a tensor product. Now let us couple the wave equation to spin!"
    "Baby, my ladder don't go below the ground state! Nor above the uppermost state!"
    "You can index my spin states anytime you want!"
    "I don't know everything about you and your hamiltonian, so lets approximate you with perturbation theory! How does first order time-independent sound? Giggity giggity giggity!"
    "Your discussions about your eyeliner are more boring than sakurai. Heck, you make DJ Griffiths sound interesting!"
    "Oh, I will show you quark confinement! strange and charm come and get me"
    "I'll show YOU a Stern-Gerlach apparatus!"
    "I'm more of a ladies man than Erwin Schrodinger! bow chicka wow wow"
    and who can possibly forget
    "Hey baby, wanna see my dirac delta function?"

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    OMG, who talks about quantum mechanics in social-situation conversations??? And really, how does THAT work? "Your beauty reminds of Feynmann path integral formulation"? Why does QM have such an intellectual or whatever reputation? Physics has lots of topics, as does advanced mathematics. Other than quirkiness and the potential for philosophical interpreatations, what does QM really have going for it? Note: I took 4 years of QM in school.

"Your beauty reminds me of a tensor product. Now let us couple the wave equation to spin!"
    "Baby, my ladder don't go below the ground state! Nor above the uppermost state!"
    "You can index my spin states anytime you want!"
    "I don't know everything about you and your hamiltonian, so lets approximate you with perturbation theory! How does first order time-independent sound? Giggity giggity giggity!"
    "Your discussions about your eyeliner are more boring than sakurai. Heck, you make DJ Griffiths sound interesting!"
    "Oh, I will show you quark confinement! strange and charm come and get me"
    "I'll show YOU a Stern-Gerlach apparatus!"
    "I'm more of a ladies man than Erwin Schrodinger! bow chicka wow wow"
    and who can possibly forget
    "Hey baby, wanna see my dirac delta function?"
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

Those lines would work on me!

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Kollin View Post
    never works for me. they usually just look at me like who's this clown?!! or they take it the wrong way and get mad at me.
    The bolded is a good sign that you're not heeding my advice.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Ease up on Ti and start sentences without knowing how they'll end (although that can get us in trouble sometimes). Sometimes we just need to talk more.

MBTI
    SEXY

Everything is a potential conversation topic. Don't be afraid to start talking.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Take advantage of your introverted nature by being mysterious but giving just enough reaction to keep the other person engaged at first.

Show your intelligence in a non-offensive/belligerent way, as it is one of your biggest assets to turn a girl on

Don't be afraid to blush when teased, but also be able to bounce back and tease back. It's so hot and endearing

Be interested in the person you're trying to seduce: look at her, engage her in conversation and be respectful of her views of the world. Don't roll your eyes at her or try to educate her, but understand where she's coming from. That doesn't mean you have to agree! Just at least take a moment to consider what she's saying and ask an intelligent question about what she said without sounding dismissive of her point.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”