1) Target women with the same areas of interest as you. As an INTP, you're going to have to use your wit and creativity to attract women; those who are into Se bravado or other types of guys will simply ignore you, so waste no time on them. (I would go for NP women, primarily.)
2) Be aware of where these women are likely to spend their free time--if you're an INTP, picking up chicks at the bar is going to be a total waste of time because you'll run into mostly ESxx type women who have absolutely no interest in a nerdy/intellectual guy like yourself. (I suggest a dating website like okcupid.com--I've met a number of great women through that site because you're in your element with the ability to really strike up interesting conversation, without a loud bar or twenty other guys getting in your way. This is your chance to use your talents to show why you're special and worth her time.)
3) Don't give the impression that the central goal of your life is getting laid/finding a mate. Women see right through that. You need to come to the table with some other serious interests that you can talk about at length and hold her interest. If you can give the impression that your life already has direction and meaning because you're pursuing your passion, and that romance is just icing on the cake for you, you'll seem much more casual and a hell of a lot more attractive.
4) Practice, practice, practice that conversation! You've got to use your Ne to be funny and confident on the fly. You will get rejected a lot, but as I said, the fact that you're trying makes all the difference in the world.
5) When you fail, remember that any given random woman is probably incompatible with you, based solely on probability. Think of it as a learning experience, which is therefore a success because you improved your approach and/or gained some new insight. Just don't go for women with totally different lifestyles from yours--it rarely works.