First 10181920212230 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    only if you're significantly unattractive to her in some way, or are unwilling to express your feelings toward her..nothing's worse than knowing a guy is into you but won't own up to it.

- it's kind of a turn off if they think you want them, but you're not willing to at least try to get them - because if you really like someone, the assumption is that you will try. even if the odds are slim.

i've had a friend tell me he liked me before and i just told him the truth -that i saw him as a friend , but that i really appreciated his straightforwardness. can't knock a man for trying. (lus, it seems less creepy when they just tell you instead of giving you weird looks as if tyou never notice what that might mean)... i also gave him a hug.

only a cruel person would laugh in someone's face or gossip about it to everyone. unless there is a real fear of such rejection/humiliation, go for it.whether you come out victorious or not, you'll have clarity and probably also closure.
    I tend to agree with some of your points phthalocyanine. There are male friends who just hang out with the attractive girl as if they hope just by pure osmosis that the girl will eventually just have sex with them (or at least a hand job).

These men are called orbiters

Even if the guy had a chance in the first place, if he enters in the friend zone and is caught constantly checking out his bff ass or body checking her or petting her or doing whatever short of laying it on the line, it will creep her out. Enough women have been creeped out by their orbiters making untimely ladder jumps that it has anchored the negative association and the no sex for guy friends" general chick rule.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Ok and what happens when you fall inside the dreaded "friend zone". Just making friends with attractive women is a good start developing rapport, but unless you make a move in a timely manner she will place you on the friend ladder which turns you into an "intellectual whore" (not my term, but I have been to that cantos of purgatory and dont recommend it).
    The so-called "friend zone" is simply a term to denote that you have not tried to tell the girl that you feel stronger about her. Either you strike out or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    There are male friends who just hang out with the attractive girl as if they hope just by pure osmosis that the girl will eventually just have sex with them (or at least a hand job).

These men are called orbiters
    It's this creepy classification and perspective of social situations that will ultimately lead you into corners. Not all relations between people play out in a theoretical manner, and not all people are the same. This is why I gave the general guideline to just try to make friends. A deeper relationship, in my view, can only be started once you've made a connection on a basic level of interaction, and once you share understanding and interest. If you're really only after sex, then by all means go to the club and be a guido. But utilmately INTPs are not really cut out for this kind of action, and the classical route of friendship experimentation should be utilized.

Really, it's more rewarding. If an INTP can find another person who is genuinely interested and values their intellect and intuitive-quirky manner of observing the world, then this is an excellent thread to go on. Shared Fi values also tend to create an emotional bond of understanding between people, which I believe goes well with the strong Ti to interpret, justify, and stand behind those beliefs. In short, INTPs should not consider the traditional "player's handbook" method of "picking up chicks", because that's not what INTPs are good at.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    The so-called "friend zone" is simply a term to denote that you have not tried to tell the girl that you feel stronger about her. Either you strike out or you don't.

It's this creepy classification and perspective of social situations that will ultimately lead you into corners. Not all relations between people play out in a theoretical manner, and not all people are the same. This is why I gave the general guideline to just try to make friends. A deeper relationship, in my view, can only be started once you've made a connection on a basic level of interaction, and once you share understanding and interest. If you're really only after sex, then by all means go to the club and be a guido. But utilmately INTPs are not really cut out for this kind of action, and the classical route of friendship experimentation should be utilized.

Really, it's more rewarding. If an INTP can find another person who is genuinely interested and values their intellect and intuitive-quirky manner of observing the world, then this is an excellent thread to go on. Shared Fi values also tend to create an emotional bond of understanding between people, which I believe goes well with the strong Ti to interpret, justify, and stand behind those beliefs. In short, INTPs should not consider the traditional "player's handbook" method of "picking up chicks", because that's not what INTPs are good at.

Some very good points and helpful elaboration on your initial point. Also tend to agreee being a pua is not the ideal long term vocation for most INTPs because it is very "draining".

That being said, an INTP creating or adopting a "system" (flawed or no). Makes it yards more interesting for them to do and plan, less frustrating, and last but not least actually has them choose and comit to one (or even two or three) target.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Enneagram
    9w8

Write a sexy text message halfway through the day.

Proceed to spend ten minutes deciding on which specific wording to use.

Look it over one last time for any spelling or grammatical errors (this takes less than a second).

Send.

MBTI
    intp

most of you critcizing how shitty my attitude is can just keep it to yourself. I know i have flaws that's why i came here. Why would i be here in the first place if i were perfect.

@spamtar
    thanks for all your feedback! I can really relate to what your saying. Although i don't quite understand the "system" or the "game". you seem like an expert at this stuff. Did you learn all this from experience?

INTPs should not consider the traditional "player's handbook" method of "picking up chicks", because that's not what INTPs are good at.
    I beg to differ, INTP can be good at picking up girls. That skill can be learn with try and fail. I guess "look" has big role when it comes to picking up chicks.

You don't have to comment on anything if you don't want me in this place. I came here to learn cause i'm sick of making the same mistake over and over.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Meh, fuck women. I'm much too lazy to seek one out at this point. Besides, a really loyal woman is going to show interest in you from the get go. The rest are just fodder fucks.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by tgk View Post
    One of my ESFJ friends (think all-American football star, most popular kid in his HS, womanizer, etc) gave me some advice on picking up girls at parties that has served me quite well: Don't go to a party with your dick out. Just go, have fun no matter what happens, show others you are having fun, get other people to have fun, and girls will be attracted to you. Everything else tends to fall into place after this, and even you don't get laid you don't really care cause you had so much fun.
    +1

Also, pickup lines are not a good thing, not even joking about them, a billion times turnoff for me anyway.

Humour, teasing, even being a tad cruel, (but still showing you like/are interested in) the person is the best way to go if you're no expert imo.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Meh, fuck women. I'm much too lazy to seek one out at this point. Besides, a really loyal woman is going to show interest in you from the get go. The rest are just fodder fucks.
    I am not gonna chase men around, if they cant be arsed to court me, then I am not interested.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    most of you critcizing how shitty my attitude is can just keep it to yourself. I know i have flaws that's why i came here. Why would i be here in the first place if i were perfect.

@spamtar
    thanks for all your feedback! I can really relate to what your saying. Although i don't quite understand the "system" or the "game". you seem like an expert at this stuff. Did you learn all this from experience?

I beg to differ, INTP can be good at picking up girls. That skill can be learn with try and fail. I guess "look" has big role when it comes to picking up chicks.

You don't have to comment on anything if you don't want me in this place. I came here to learn cause i'm sick of making the same mistake over and over.
    Happy you are here Refreshe and you are right you don't have to answer all the chatter, just the parts you feel may help (and only then when you feel like it). In fact you will face much the same chatter, if not in your head, for the punters when you start successfully working the clubs and other target rich venues, nevertheless one must always endevour to persevere:

Here is my background.

1.Didn't get laid until I was 20 and (but at least she was a HB10) I was hot in my teens but wasnt even aware of it until I looked back at pictures.

2. fell in love with the first girl who I had sex with and she dumped me and I was heartbroken for ages, didn't even try to pickup or date a long time after that).
    3. Started practicing NLP/Speed Seduction (2nd generation older school Pick up technique) Very difficult to master and some aspects of it I to this day doubt, yet nevertheless having this "system" gave me focus. Focus on a target(s) and focus on a goal (sex). ABC (Always Be Closure). Each tactic was not a tactic on its own but part of an overall strategy. I don't use much NLP in pickup anymore but it has helped me a lot in business and other conflicts to this day.

4. Got physically attacked by a guy at a bar when I beat him at pool with 3 very attractive women hanging on my side and then his girlfriend started to hit on me. It was too much for his drunk ego and he hurt himself very badly in the process. The incident stressed me out and took a sabbatical from clubbing and pickup.

5. Read "The Game", nonfiction account of puas using pua strategies, got me interested in pickup again, went mostly to Karaoke clubs and learned to sing better than most. Got some materials of Mystery (main nonfiction character from the game who came of with a system which looks more like engineers diagrams than self help, he eventually came out with store version of his book.

6. Never went to a seminar (they are totally overpriced and superfluous except for the chronically frightened who are unwilling to try on their own.)

7. Became more interested in the idea of seduction per se (rather than pua but less than relationships) talked to a lot of people interested in the craft both in person and on the internet. Have tried to work seduction in my lifestyle to seduce everyone I meet mostly for the sake of seduction as opposed to any other gains (which now come with the territory)

So in a nutshell being an INTP was a big disadvantage in the beginning but in the end I feel it was my saving grace, not just to play the game but to master it. Best of fun in this magical adventure and remember the PUA ethic to always to leave the target in a better position than when you found her.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by kathara View Post
    I am not gonna chase men around, if they cant be arsed to court me, then I am not interested.
    Double standard much?

If you like a guy you won't express interest at all until he talks to you?