Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by refreshe123d View Post
    I'm not going to post my picture on internet so don't bother asking again.
    You don't have to worry about what type of cloths i wear or how I look cause I pretty much have that down. How can I have confidence if i were ugly?
    You'd be surprised.

Anyway, I'm getting a good idea of why you are striking out repeatedly.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    OMG, who talks about quantum mechanics in social-situation conversations??? And really, how does THAT work? "Your beauty reminds of Feynmann path integral formulation"? Why does QM have such an intellectual or whatever reputation? Physics has lots of topics, as does advanced mathematics. Other than quirkiness and the potential for philosophical interpreatations, what does QM really have going for it? Note: I took 4 years of QM in school.

"Your beauty reminds me of a tensor product. Now let us couple the wave equation to spin!"
    "Baby, my ladder don't go below the ground state! Nor above the uppermost state!"
    "You can index my spin states anytime you want!"
    "I don't know everything about you and your hamiltonian, so lets approximate you with perturbation theory! How does first order time-independent sound? Giggity giggity giggity!"
    "Your discussions about your eyeliner are more boring than sakurai. Heck, you make DJ Griffiths sound interesting!"
    "Oh, I will show you quark confinement! strange and charm come and get me"
    "I'll show YOU a Stern-Gerlach apparatus!"
    "I'm more of a ladies man than Erwin Schrodinger! bow chicka wow wow"
    and who can possibly forget
    "Hey baby, wanna see my dirac delta function?"

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    I beg to differ to state most girls are not going to go on an instant date with him after 5-15 min talking.

As an alternative and build up rapport before a venue hop (even a little one i.e. within the club) sometimes I will take them on an "imaginary date". (i.e. tell them a story about what happens on our first date so they get comfortable with the idea. (at the end of the date they "date rape" me, lol)

So unless there is an extreme amount of sexual attraction or trust (or peer pressure), in general, the female target is not gonna go on a date then and there until more basic rapport is established.

Also: Looks/status/how your are perceived is important...but these things I addressing are basic social dynamic cues that you the seducer need to get a grip on before you set up your independent seduction strategy.
    If your goal is to get a date in 15 minutes then yes, planning a date for a day later probably won't work. But am I the only one who doesn't mind talking to a girl for longer then that? I'm an introvert. I don't need or even want to score 4 dates an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    You can always substitute "comfort phase" with "chloroform phase".

It bypasses the social etiquette (INTP weakness), and instead deals with chemistry (INTP strength).
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

@spamtar

I cannot go beyond small talk cause that would look desperate. I'm not one of those guys that chase girls. If girl shows no interest i move on. Why should I chase this girl, It should be the other way around. damn ego! I will not lower my standard by any means. I look at it in most simple form. I'm attractive to a girl, so does she. I ask her out and it's upto her to take it any farther if she wishes.

That's a crappy attitude. If you're not genuinely interested in other people why even bother investing your time in them. There's nothing "desperate" about talking to people. And if looks and getting laid is all you want then go pay a hooker. On the other hand if you just don't know how to go beyond small talk, then it would seem to me that spamtar might have some advice for you. He seems confident enough about his skills.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

@spamtar

I cannot go beyond small talk cause that would look desperate. I'm not one of those guys that chase girls. If girl shows no interest i move on. Why should I chase this girl, It should be the other way around. damn ego! I will not lower my standard by any means. I look at it in most simple form. I'm attractive to a girl, so does she. I ask her out and it's upto her to take it any farther if she wishes.

This is exactly how I "used to" feel. I hated small talk with a vengeance; in fact I didnt know how to do it. I knew I was considered good looking and was confounded why women wouldn't ask me out on dates. To top it off I am and was an INTP and was considered aloof at best and socially awkward at worst.

I didn't know what the rules were besides TV (most likely written by geeks who couldn't get laid either) misinformation and mixed observations cliques inbreeding/breeding with other cliques. As an INTP I was in need of a "system".

"Systems" are very helpful for gaming. Systems are very helpful for INTPs (prolly INTJs too). I have tried defective systems in the pick up game and even they are better than no system.

Be it a cooking recipe, a method of driving to avoid traffic a video game cheating system a system becomes less about ego and more about results (and fun).

The game is unfair. Yet unfair isn't as bad when you can turn the unfairness to your advantage and dominate. Check the ego at the door and at least pick up Mystery's book (the easiest and most time effective of the strategies for short term game). Be true to your INTPness and turn and unfair disadvantage to the masses to positive angles that limits your competition. Take from others systems what works; throw away the rest and practice, practice, practice.

Trust me it is a lot more fun than sports/RTS/ or whatever else your doing for entertainment. I actually love women more from my trials and tribulations, not just how they look and feel but also their feminine energy. When you become a master of the game you will look back on your short fallings as a measuring stick on how far you have come and give yourself a well deserved pat on the back.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Check the ego at the door and at least pick up Mystery's book (the easiest and most time effective of the strategies for short term game).
    Just make sure you ditch that crap once you figure out dating.

MBTI
    INTP

Don't need it. One great thing about ENFJs is they will usually let you know if they are interested. A few weeks ago I was walking along the street, shorts, sneakers, three+ weeks worth of stubble, chewing gum and doing a crazy kind of walk (thinking about something or other). I looked up and there was a hot woman smiling at me. I immediately knew she was an ENFJ. ENFJs are one of the few types that like quirky guys. Most other people would be thinking, what F#$K is wrong with this guy? She was also dressed like a doctor. There are a lot of ENFJ doctors. What I should have done right there was ask if I could guess her type. They like that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Just make sure you ditch that crap once you figure out dating.
    He might not be far from the truth.

Its not to far a hop from mastering pick up and using it to get dates. The hard part is choosing what path to take once your get to the crossroads.

For example, you might get spoiled with hook ups and gaming girls may be an impediment to deciding to settle down for one courtship ritual for a monogamous relationship. Definitely having an alternative for easy sex is a crutch.

Rightfully or wrongfully I have made my choice. To this day I continue to prefer pick ups and hook ups to dating (or relationships). Even though I hang out with girls I have had sex with but clearly these are not dates in the traditional sense. I don't think it would be good for society if everyone did this.

At least it entertains me when I need it and gives me the alone time I need for introspection. I hope to settle down some day after I sow my wild oats a little bit more but now am too happy as things stand. What is more important than making society or family happy taking yourself to a place where you are happy.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Allow me to elaborate on a method that has worked for me.

Step 1: Make friends
    Step 2: One of these friends might take interest in you, and you to them (!)
    Step 3: There is no step 3
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Allow me to elaborate on a method that has worked for me.

Step 1: Make friends
    Step 2: One of these friends might take interest in you, and you to them (!)
    Step 3: There is no step 3
    Ok and what happens when you fall inside the dreaded "friend zone". Just making friends with attractive women is a good start developing rapport, but unless you make a move in a timely manner she will place you on the friend ladder which turns you into an "intellectual whore" (not my term, but I have been to that cantos of purgatory and dont recommend it).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

only if you're significantly unattractive to her in some way, or are unwilling to express your feelings toward her..nothing's worse than knowing a guy is into you but won't own up to it.

- it's kind of a turn off if they think you want them, but you're not willing to at least try to get them - because if you really like someone, the assumption is that you will try. even if the odds are slim.

i've had a friend tell me he liked me before and i just told him the truth -that i saw him as a friend , but that i really appreciated his straightforwardness. can't knock a man for trying. (plus, it seems less creepy when they just tell you instead of giving you weird looks as if you never notice what that might mean)... i also gave him a hug. we're still friends, nothing horrific happened. life goes on.

only a cruel person would laugh in someone's face or gossip about it to everyone. unless there is a real fear of such rejection/humiliation, go for it. whether you come out victorious or not, you'll have clarity and probably also closure.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde