• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: Do you fit cleanly into your MBTI type?

Do you fit cleanly into a specific MBTI type?

• yes-INTP

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • yes-ENTP

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • yes-INTJ

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • yes-ENTJ

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • no-between NT types

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • no-between other types

Votes: 17 29.8%

• Total voters

sculpting

Will post poll in just a sec.

Do you feel as though you fit cleanly into a specific MBTI type? I would like to nderstand percentage that fit cleanly verses percentage who have overlaps.

Thanks!!

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, my P is only 63/100%, which leads to some J transgressions. But other than that, my IN and T are quite high up, and therefore match well.

Frank

Not really at all. I can see parts of many different types in me. I havn't taken a test yet that seemed unambiguous enough to satisfy me. I dare say I use most of the functions fairly well and access them depending on the situation. Granted I do generally have to step back and remind myself to feel so It's safe to say I'm probably not in that category. I think this would have been more useful to me when I was younger before life experiences forced me to grow in different areas. It's hard to tell now what functions I have learned and which come most natural. Probably sounds like bs to the fervent mbti believers among us but mbti is mostly bs to me.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Nope, my percentages from the last time a I took a test were... here let me think...

Oh! Here they are.

I:63% N:60% T:75% P:71%

Not very clean at all. I don't feel like I fit into the INTP profile very well. I feel like a hybrid of INTP and ISTP to be honest.

I'm assuming that not a lot of people in the world are ultra high up on all of the functions of their type.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes, perfectly. My MBTI type just doesnt fit me... but thats no problem mbti has to concern with.

Do you by chance make a reputation by opening up like a million threads ? Its time for you to comment on others ones.. you know what i mean others ones threads thingie

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, perfectly. My MBTI type just doesnt fit me... but thats no problem mbti has to concern with.

Do you by chance make a reputation by opening up like a million threads ? Its time for you to comment on others ones.. you know what i mean others ones threads thingie

So you fit, but don't fit?:huh:

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, I feel like INTP fits me very well, and gives a name to an identity I'd always had. I think I've developed my "feeling" side more than some INTPs, but I'm definitely not a feeler. The other letters couldn't even begin to be questioned. :p

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP

lol..

I'm INTX last time i got 49%51% on J/P but I fit into INTJ probably moreso than INTP, I've been more inclined toward J behavior in my youth and tested more J before.

But yes, when you first read about your type, it's suprising(if it's the right one), that someone else can find your type through a system and describe you better than you can describe yourself.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
i dont fit into it at all...but it fits me perfectly

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm a pretty normal INTP. Only really weird thing about me is that my Fi and Fe are switched. :/

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am The Mastermind.

(And perhaps it is for this reason that I tend not to believe people who claim unusual function combinations, and I don't really like trying to understand how people can have weakly expressed function preferences. There's a pigeonhole waiting for everyone, you just haven't picked your coffin yet. Maybe.)

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I am The Mastermind.

(And perhaps it is for this reason that I tend not to believe people who claim unusual function combinations, and I don't really like trying to understand how people can have weakly expressed function preferences. There's a pigeonhole waiting for everyone, you just haven't picked your coffin yet. Maybe.)

I'm strongly attracted to you all of a sudden. Are you even a guy? Do I even care?

:devil:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
So you fit, but don't fit?:huh:

Yes sorry. That was supposed to sound exactly as confusing as that.

To me anyone who fits into his mbti type has just given up to try to put on tighter pants:

32aug16-tight-pants-gymnasts.jpg

G

garbage

I've been between ENTJ, ENTP, and ENFP for as long as I can remember.

I am The Mastermind.

Or, alternatively, those who fit cleanly into boxes can't understand why others do not fit cleanly.

To generalize, nobody really understands anybody else, at all, ever :D

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
My N is very close to 100%, my E is pretty high too, upper 70's to 80's. My T, naturally and instinctively, is very high, my P preference is definitely there but not as unequivocal as the other letters, probably between 60 and 70.

My function profficiency order, which I had professionally tested (was a gruelling and very indepth test that went over a few days!), came out like this: Ne > Ti = Te > Fe > Si = Ni > Fi > Se. The dude told me I have an ENTJ-switch, and can do convincing impressions of them when the need arises, and that I have conspicuous Fe levels which, he thinks, do me more harm than good, as it jarrs incongruously against my native Te/Ti, which are about equal.

Having said all of which, he said I was definitely an ENTP, still, and don't need to put X's anywhere in my type.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I frequently test as ISTP, but overall the INTP profile fits me better.

sculpting

I am The Mastermind.

You knoiw silly mastermind, for such a strong INTJ you sure insert lots of maybes, mights, stuffs, and other random disclaimers....

Is thet a sign of a P sneaking out or is it your gentle, sweet Fi peeking from under the hood?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, I feel like INTP fits me very well, and gives a name to an identity I'd always had. I think I've developed my "feeling" side more than some INTPs, but I'm definitely not a feeler. The other letters couldn't even begin to be questioned. :p

I could fluctuate between I and E, but there is no doubt for anything else.

I am The Mastermind.

I am, most definitely, the Inventor.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
I'm a pretty normal INTP. Only really weird thing about me is that my Fi and Fe are switched. :/

I have seen this happen with other INTPs. Most of the INTPs I know seem to use a fair measure of Fi, moreso than they use Fe. It's interesting.

I am an NF who overlaps with NT a lot. Both my parents, who are reasonably well versed in MBTI insist that I was not an NF child. My mother maintains that I am an ENTP even though I relate much more strongly with the ENFP archetype, I don't really relate to other ENFPs when I meet/observe them. I always feel like I relate better to the ENTPs.