User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you fit cleanly into a specific MBTI type?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes-INTP

14 24.14%
  • yes-ENTP

10 17.24%
  • yes-INTJ

6 10.34%
  • yes-ENTJ

4 6.90%
  • no-between NT types

7 12.07%
  • no-between other types

17 29.31%
First 345

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Not weakly expressed personality-just ackward and kloodgy and unpredictable.
    Or, you're an Ne-dom.

Before abandoning the MBTI model, I'm going to try finding ways it can accommodate the variations people report within themselves. Maybe the model should be abandoned. Or how about a more sophisticated characterisation of Ne as a dominant process? Is there one? Can it account for these phenomena?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Or, you're an Ne-dom.

Before abandoning the MBTI model, I'm going to try finding ways it can accommodate the variations people report within themselves. Maybe the model should be abandoned. Or how about a more sophisticated characterisation of Ne as a dominant process? Is there one? Can it account for these phenomena?
    This view is worthy. Ne dom leads the whole mess but what you back it up with makes the diff and is what makes the enfps and entps so very different.

Sure both NeTi and NeFi will mold themselves to the localized enviornment. But the result and its weaknesses are very different. Thus the very characteristic nature of the two types-although I'd almost want to regroup each by the prescence or abscence of Fi rather than the leftover functions. I'd wager Fi is really the clincher.

I'd be interested to see if the same thing happens with ESFPs led by Se.

Endless possibilities for uniqueness.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Pretty damn close, yeah.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

the "thing" in my above post would be an Se dom who had Fi naturally-an esfp but developed Ti along the way as a defense mechanism.

My sis is an esfp with an ass kicking Te, but not any Ti that I can see. My brother is also an esfp. Both were very clever young and high IQ, but ended up high school dropouts.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I have also noticed that children who are different types than their parents/role models will often develop the functions they share with that adult figure faster. Also if they do not share functions with the adult figure, the child tends to mimic their more dominant functions.

I was raised by an INTP and have a decent grasp of Ti and how to use it but it does not come as naturally to me as Te or Fi does. Both my INTP siblings have a stronger grasp of their Fe than other INTPs I know, possible because it was our mothers' dominant function.

Edit: This is all anecdotal evidence, but I'm probably going to start a few polls once I have refined the theory.
    Anger is also a feeling.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    I have also noticed that children who are different types than their parents/role models will often develop the functions they share with that adult figure faster. Also if they do not share functions with the adult figure, the child tends to mimic their more dominant functions.

I was raised by an INTP and have a decent grasp of Ti and how to use it but it does not come as naturally to me as Te or Fi does. Both my INTP siblings have a stronger grasp of their Fe than other INTPs I know, possible because it was our mothers' dominant function.

Edit: This is all anecdotal evidence, but I'm probably going to start a few polls once I have refined the theory.
    I think you're on to something. I have a wicked Te after having been raised in an STJ household. It doesn't feel natural to me, but I can do it well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

I used to be an INTP when I was much younger, but now I'm Ne dominant with fairly strong Fe when it comes to the cognitive functions, so I'm probably an ENTP now. And I enjoy ENTP-style flirting and smart-assery too much to be anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post

I would also consider the opposite. I raised in a crazy ass Fi household where emotions were used as tools. For protection I think i learned Ti young to block them out and Te later to stand up to them. Both are weak and puny compared to anything a T dom or aux would use though. But my family would never classify me as an F-even though everyone else in my life would.