• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Men vs. ENTP Women

sculpting

But it's not exactly what I was getting at. I wasn't talking about Fe in terms of getting in touch with emotions, but more like knowing what's best for society. Knowing protocol and the "right" way to be. ENTP women here are forced to be aware of all of these things and despise the "rules" quietly. ENTP men, it seems, aren't even aware of the social rules to a degree. When they reach a level where they start to pay attention to the rules and to the feelings of others, they go crazy with it, becoming bossy and dogmatic. But this is a weak theory based on limited observation. I don't know. You can tell me when you reach 35.

My female entps seem more balanced and more Ti using in the day to day. They feel very serious and focused and tend to be quieter than the boys. They come across as very confident, not so rude, but have opinions for sure-I think they for sure mimic Fe like Jeno said. My old best friend was totally neurotic sometimes, but most of the others have been pretty "tight" and very good. Not mean, not cruel on the surface, but polished? They run a tight ship.

The boys tend to be much more little kid like when they are younger. Very mischievious, very opinionated. Little punks. :) As they age something odd happens-they seem more prone to overusing Fe or developing it oddly. They can get very traditional, very family centric, very aware of what others think of them. They come across as super friendly-watch out for Fe-which can be real or can be a mask. Very sweet. smiling, and they really seem sincere. Maybe I am a chick though, so they interact with me this way more. Yet some of them can do some very nasty, backstabbing things, then seem to feel bad that they did them. In some of them this Fe means they really become wonderful fathers, husbands, and members of the community. In a few it becomes a tool they use to cheat on thier spouse or to skirt the rules of society.

I think the main problem is that Fe and dominant Ti just doesn't work. They're complete opposites. If I let my Fe go, I'd be no different than someone with MPD. A completely different person. :p

I don't see a way to use Fe as to compliment my already existing self.

That is very interesting. I wonder if this contributes to the mask like feeling the entps sometimes have.

Qre:us

Shock-value....

Men are assumed to be the ones to induce shock-value, stir the pot, play the reckless hand (i.e., risk-takers). Hence, in ENTP men, it's like, :rolli: "Here we go again!"

While when ENTP women do it, it's a double shock in society, :horor: "Oh no, she DIDN'T! Scandalous"

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Men are assumed to be the ones to induce shock-value, stir the pot, play the reckless hand (i.e., risk-takers). Hence, in ENTP men, it's like, :rolli: "Here we go again!"

While when ENTP women do it, it's a double shock in society, :horor: "Oh no, she DIDN'T! Scandalous"

Why it looks to me that you enjoy doing this none the less ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Here to Papa Ass and Little Ass :

310550266AjCTsP_fs.jpg

:D

Why it looks to me that you enjoy doing this none the less ?

We both do, male and female ENTPs (that's why we're both ENTP :D), mine was more a commentary on how that's differently interpreted by society at large.

:rolli: versus :horor:

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I'm gonna agree with most of what has already been said.....

My experience has been that as a female, I've become very conscious of Fe-type things very quickly. If I were to have continued acting the way I was when I was really young, I'd probably be hated by a lot of people. Not that I was awful, just that I was opinionated, talkative, highly energetic, and could say very insensitive things. I still do things like that from time to time, but I found very early on that if I didn't want to end up alone, I had to put on a softer face. Kind of irritating in a way because I feel like I've lost a lot of confidence in more positive parts of that natural personality, but that's the truth of things.

I think I've known a couple other ENTP females, and at a young age (teens to early 20s), they either become somewhat introverted and nervous (that's what happened to me), or they manage to find a niche where they can be themselves without being branded as obnoxious and weird (though they can never eradicate that label outside of their niche).

The guys I've met that are ENTP, all late teens/early 20s - for the most part they've been talkative and snarky and were admired for it. I don't think I know of any older ENTPs besides what I've seen of posters around here over the last couple of years, and I will agree with jenocyde that there are some who can go from sounding very insightful to gratingly patronizing in the same post. Come to think of it, one of my German professors may be an ENTP (probably in his 30s) and I really like him - highly intelligent, helpful, friendly, but not afraid to get blunt if necessary (though part of that might be because he's German), but I'm not sure about the typing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
We both do, male and female ENTPs (that's why we're both ENTP :D), mine was more a commentary on how that's differently interpreted by society at large.

:rolli: versus :horor:

I know. I was just pointing in a direction that you sound like you are not particulary bothered if you shock people.

Which is Ok by my stnadards. If they are dumb enough to be shocked by this they deserve to be shocked.

Which is Ok by my stnadards. If they are dumb enough to be shocked by this they deserve to be shocked.

:laugh:

I know. I was just pointing in a direction that you sound like you are not particulary bothered if you shock people.

You wanna know a secret? Guess who's the funnest for me to shock?

Those no-nonsense, how is this in any way efficient, productive, what does it achieve, grumpy INTJs

:D

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP men seem more likely to be religious types

ENTPs religious? What? Sceptical, challenging, noncomforming people. ENTPs are organized religions worst nightmare!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ENTPs religious? What? Sceptical, challenging, noncomforming people. ENTPs are organized religions worst nightmare!

I know some religious ENTPs. But the difference is that they don't rely solely on faith, though it may start out or end that way. Most religious ENTPs that I know find strength in the facts, research, history. It makes logical sense to them to believe in their system. And they also tend to be open minded, inquisitive and always on the hunt for more knowledge. They become overly concerned with studying the religious text, and even the language in which it was written. One ENTP described his belief in Christianity to me as the only plausible outcome of X,Y and Z as it relates to the witnesses after the crucifixion. Basically he looked for "proof" and he was satisfied with what he found.

I think you are thinking of religion as a rule based institution designed to suffocate thought, when it can be anything but that for those who long for more. This is why there are colleges devoted to divine studies.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I know some religious ENTPs. But the difference is that they don't rely solely on faith, though it may start out or end that way. Most religious ENTPs that I know find strength in the facts, research, history. It makes logical sense to them to believe in their system. And they also tend to be open minded, inquisitive and always on the hunt for more knowledge. They become overly concerned with studying the religious text, and even the language in which it was written. One ENTP described his belief in Christianity to me as the only plausible outcome of X,Y and Z as it relates to the witnesses after the crucifixion. Basically he looked for "proof" and he was satisfied with what he found.

I think you are thinking of religion as a rule based institution designed to suffocate thought, when it can be anything but that for those who long for more. This is why there are colleges devoted to divine studies.

wow...thats eerily accurate in my experience...so my friend is not crazy

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
ENTP men vs ENTP women = pimps vs hoes. U KNOW THIS, mannnnnnn

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The main difference I noticed is how they try and assert themselves.

The males tend to try to assert over a person, whereas the females tend to try and assert over an idea.

I think maturity makes a huge difference on how attached they are in succeeding. It's the difference between needing to win and just wanting to push the boundaries to create the most challenging equilibrium possible.

* It should be noted that I don't know any ENTP females in real life, though, so I'm open to being wrong.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
pimps vs madams. INTPs are the hos.