User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 69

  1. #21
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    if they are consistently different, one of them isn't an ENTP.

    here's the trick -- typology is 100% irrespective of gender. these preferences mean the same things for anyone.
    we fukin won boys

  2. #22
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Hmmm, but you can be a little preachy in your posts, dontcha think? You've reprimanded me a few times for stereotyping, when to me it seems obvious that "not all Xs behave like Y" - I don't need to always clarify, it's just obvious. It may not be actual religion or spirituality, but it's the dogma.
    Well ok fair enough. As I said, I have troubles understanding myself and I dont think thats ever gonna change.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #23
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    You know it was a compliment.
    Of course I know! Everything is a compliment! hahaha...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    if they are consistently different, one of them isn't an ENTP.

    here's the trick -- typology is 100% irrespective of gender. these preferences mean the same things for anyone.
    Well, how do you explain "unhealthy" people, then? Don't you believe in nature vs nurture? The preferences may be the same but the coping mechanisms are surely different, so behaviors are manifested differently.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well ok fair enough. As I said, I have troubles understanding myself and I dont think thats ever gonna change.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I think ENTP women are slightly meaner than the guys, and this I think comes from their lower eligibility for being punched in the face or demonized. They can say stuff and get away with it which, if a guy said it, he'd either be smacked, or gain the reputation for being an asshole, and nobody would like him. The woman might be seen as a bitch, but at least 50% of people would respect that and see it as strength, a strong woman, etc, whilst in men, it'd just 90% of people seeing you as a jerk.
    lol, this is kinda the impression I get too, based on what I see on this forum.

  5. #25
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    lol, this is kinda the impression I get too, based on what I see on this forum.
    Puhleeez. I've been in many many scrappy fights. And looking at the way people talked about Juggernaut, I would say that women are not exactly prized for having a strong opinion.

    Men may be assholes, but women are bitches - not revered.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Puhleeez. I've been in many many scrappy fights. And looking at the way people talked about Juggernaut, I would say that women are not exactly prized for having a strong opinion.

    Men may be assholes, but women are bitches - not revered.
    Well the words have to have SOME merit, of course

    I meant strictly on this forum. Male posters seem slightly less prone to jump at assertive women's throats than female posters are to jumping at assertive men's throats. But I'm mainly just trying to pick up fights here

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Eh? Define "older"? I mean I'm older in the scheme of average ages on this forum, but I'm certainly not even middle aged yet... I find as I get older I get mellower and gentler, and the dogmatic and sorta black/white attitude is something I associate with my teens, something I grew out of and can't imagine going back into.

    My ENTP friend of 8 years now has certainly mellowed out since I first met him. Back in high school he used to have a lot of "enemies" and seemed to enjoy making them. He's still an ice cold bastard sometimes, but not nearly as much as he used to be and it's not so much in-your-face anymore.

    He's always coming up with "inventions" that he likes to bounce off me. He's good at thinking up big picture ideas but doesn't seem to be very good at actually doing them, or figuring out a practical point to start.

    We seem to be a good match for friends because he needs a lot of attention and I don't require any. He likes to talk about all kinds of shit, I don't know where he comes up with all of it. If he wants to talk I just entertain by listening, asking questions or making comments here and there to fuel the talking.


    I don't think I know any ENTP females but I'm sure I'd like them, probably more than my guy friend

  8. #28
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well the words have to have SOME merit, of course

    I meant strictly on this forum. Male posters seem slightly less prone to jump at assertive women's throats than female posters are to jumping at assertive men's throats. But I'm mainly just trying to pick up fights here
    Hmmm, all things being equal, maybe. But like I said, the younger males of our breed annoy even me, so maybe they are just saying rude things and looking for fights. While us women, and the older men, may be abrasive but there are at least some nuggets of insight wrapped up in there, which gives us a pass? I don't know. And it doesn't really matter. I think I get what you're saying...

  9. #29
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    I just thought on the way driving home: Assuming that entp men are brought up with less regards to their emotional development, which would be true in my case and then they are more prone to develop dogmatic views, when being young, patronizing others in the worst case. This becomes a vicious circle.

    If you want to learn about your own and others emotions or feelings, you really need to listen and to reflect. But if you already were raised dogmatic, you tend to put the end-of-record to discussions and therefore have a hard time to open up, to loosen yourself and learn something about Fe.

    Thats a good idea ! I always tell my NF that I got 3 emotions: hate, anger and love and she then replies "ouh it are a fair amount more" .

    Due to the fact that I was brought up in a very male environment, I am really a lot out of touch with the fact to understand any of my feelings. And discussions about that need a special type of woman, cause otherwise I feel outsmarted, cause I want to be respected for the things I can do and not be converted into a woman.

    But I have learnt a lot from my NF the last 3 years and I am pretty sure I need to learn a great deal more. I am tho still lacking to understand whats my strength in the whole thing, if I am nothing more than an emotionenless bastard.. Never really understood how a thing like that can appeal sexy to a woman.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #30
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I just thought on the way driving home: Assuming that entp men are brought up with less regards to their emotional development, which would be true in my case and then they are more prone to develop dogmatic views, when being young, patronizing others in the worst case. This becomes a vicious circle.

    If you want to learn about your own and others emotions or feelings, you really need to listen and to reflect. But if you already were raised dogmatic, you tend to put the end-of-record to discussions and therefore have a hard time to open up, to loosen yourself and learn something about Fe.

    Thats a good idea ! I always tell my NF that I got 3 emotions: hate, anger and love and she then replies "ouh it are a fair amount more" .

    Due to the fact that I was brought up in a very male environment, I am really a lot out of touch with the fact to understand any of my feelings. And discussions about that need a special type of woman, cause otherwise I feel outsmarted, cause I want to be respected for the things I can do and not be converted into a woman.

    But I have learnt a lot from my NF the last 3 years and I am pretty sure I need to learn a great deal more. I am tho still lacking whats my strength in the whole thing, if I am nothing more than an emotionenless bastard.. Never really understood how a thing like that can appeal sexy to a woman.
    I think this is true. And I think I can definitely benefit from getting in touch with feelings. Or better yet, allowing myself to be controlled or washed over by them every once in a while.

    But it's not exactly what I was getting at. I wasn't talking about Fe in terms of getting in touch with emotions, but more like knowing what's best for society. Knowing protocol and the "right" way to be. ENTP women here are forced to be aware of all of these things and despise the "rules" quietly. ENTP men, it seems, aren't even aware of the social rules to a degree. When they reach a level where they start to pay attention to the rules and to the feelings of others, they go crazy with it, becoming bossy and dogmatic. But this is a weak theory based on limited observation. I don't know. You can tell me when you reach 35.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Who wants ENTP women?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 543
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 10:47 AM
  2. [NT] ENTP women's opinion of INTJ men
    By fragrance in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. [ENTP] entp women - dating
    By velocity in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
  4. [ENTP] The oddest ENTP women ever...
    By sculpting in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO