• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP First Move in Relationship

CindySue

MBTI Type
INFP
I noticed some Entp guys said they don't like to make the first move with the woman they love and really want to be with. Is this true for all Entps? How do you ever get into a relationship then?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I once read that infps sometimes ask wierd questions about entps.

To answer your question, in my case, I'm used to be in control of those things, I don't like abhor feeling tied down.
Also, I simply don't seem to get attached the way some people do. I won't call or even think about people I like 99.99% of the time. I'm also used to get those whims, when I want something or am interested in someone or something and get over it whenever the novelty factor has passed (on), so that's generally what I consider my fancying someone to be. Me ocding over something new. I understand my 'feelings' and will therefore not fall into my own traps.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I once read that infps sometimes ask wierd questions about entps.

To answer your question, in my case, I'm used to be in control of those things, I don't like abhor feeling tied down.
Also, I simply don't seem to get attached the way some people do. I won't call or even think about people I like 99.99% of the time. I'm also used to get those whims, when I want something or am interested in someone or something and get over it whenever the novelty factor has passed (on), so that's generally what I consider my fancying someone to be. Me ocding over something new. I understand my 'feelings' and will therefore not fall into my own traps.

+1, from the female perspective. For the most part, I usually like to control the situation - even if it seems indirect. It's like I allow you to make the first move, if that makes sense.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
+1, from the female perspective. For the most part, I usually like to control the situation - even if it seems indirect. It's like I allow you to make the first move, if that makes sense.

So an entp dating an entp would be like this endlessfractal chess game played by smirking 3 years olds with a mastermind complex.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So an entp dating an entp would be like this endlessfractal chess game played by smirking 3 years olds with a mastermind complex.

that sounds totally hot, in a depressing kind of way.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
that sounds totally hot, in a depressing kind of way.
That's a nice way to sum it up.
You know you'd hurt yourself bad if you ever get any closer, yet that Grand Canyon's just so pretty and exciting and shiny.

I think there's this whole post modern drama tv romanti-ci-sm going on, about how 'true love' or whatever -yawns- is about 'being yourself'.
Which can be an issue when you tend to be more of a self conscious venician mask. I just, couldn't really, see those images of 'laid back, sleeping late with girl x on a satursday morning and being all colgate' fitting the rubber ball inside of me.
People get serious eck, party eck or whatever other version's lying around. But It'd just be too stressful not to just, have the option of running off whenever i feel like it.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I noticed some Entp guys said they don't like to make the first move with the woman they love and really want to be with. Is this true for all Entps? How do you ever get into a relationship then?

with the woman they love?

i live to not have any regrets whatsoever...unless i somehow make my intentions clear, how am i to know what could have been

but yeah...the feeling of sticking to one woman for a while is both empowering and contraining at the same time...empowering cuz taking that next step opens new doors to places i still havent been

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not a guy but the OP isn't true for me. Like thisGuy said I don't like looking back and wondering what may have been, I'd rather get screwed over but know.

I'm hardly likely to love someone in a romantic way if I'm not in a relationship with them so up until that point it's all about possibilities and knowing what I'm like in a relationship there's a chance that if they are a friend that I care for deeply I'd be very cautious about taking it to a romantic relationship until I had reason to believe that I wouldn't flake on them after two days.

That said, I would and have made the first move in relationships but I am more inclined to either not notice someone until they blatantly indicate interest or to set up the circumstances for the other person to make the first move. I’m pretty darn blunt though so if I've felt them out enough I'd pounce.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya, to tell a colony you are already trading with that their melones are awesome I can do. But establishing first contact out of your own intrest, I suck at.

Would be nice, when you approach the planet to already receive hails. Glad there is the internet to overcome shortage in courage :D

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I never made the first move. As a consequence I never really dated much either. :)

G

garbage

My current is the only one I've actually made the first move on, and she's the only person I've dated that I can say I actually like.

I dunno. I guess it comes with the whole Ne "wait and see" attitude, but sometimes you just gotta take the reins and go.

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
nevernevernever. i never make the first move. i trick the guy in question into making the first move.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
i'm a woman, but... i CAN make the first move but i have to be SURE that it will be accepted. i mean 100% sure.
if that makes sense?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP

Yes, don't like having my hand forced.

Actually, I find that in life generally, I tend to take the lion's share of being the proactive one, the initiator, getting things going, getting things started, getting people moving etc etc... and actually, I don't like it. I do it, mostly because it usually seems that if I don't, people will just dither and twat around indefinitely and nothing will get done. But I don't like having to play that role, and I don't like that people rely on me to play it and expect me to play it, and don't make the effort to play it themselves.

So... it always impresses me when someone takes that yoke off me and makes a first move with something, allowing me to play my more natural and instinctive role of going with the flow, of being reactive.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Exaaaactly, Sub.

Let someone else make the effort for once - show me that you are not always going to need me to lead you.

Sachetan

MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm a woman, but... i CAN make the first move but i have to be SURE that it will be accepted. i mean 100% sure.
if that makes sense?

Same here. And it's nerve-wrecking since I suck with all this talking about feelings, opening up and dating thing. :wubbie:

But I run into those guys that interest me so rarely that I can't let them go out of my hands. Like once in every 5 yrs...

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Same here. And it's nerve-wrecking since I suck with all this talking about feelings, opening up and dating thing. :wubbie:

But I run into those guys that interest me so rarely that I can't let them go out of my hands. Like once in every 5 yrs...

I know what you mean about never finding guys.

I actually never have to make the first move, so I never really had to think about it. For some reason, a lot of guys like me and think I am very interesting, but I get bored of them all so fast. It is like, I want a relationship and I don't want one, because I don't tend to get attached, and just wish I could find more guys worthy of attachment!

I just want to want the attachment!

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't like making the first move at all. But, people have unfortunately told me I'm intimidating? That makes things annoying for me.