User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    INFP

Default ENTP First Move in Relationship

I noticed some Entp guys said they don't like to make the first move with the woman they love and really want to be with. Is this true for all Entps? How do you ever get into a relationship then?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I once read that infps sometimes ask wierd questions about entps.

To answer your question, in my case, I'm used to be in control of those things, I don't like abhor feeling tied down.
    Also, I simply don't seem to get attached the way some people do. I won't call or even think about people I like 99.99% of the time. I'm also used to get those whims, when I want something or am interested in someone or something and get over it whenever the novelty factor has passed (on), so that's generally what I consider my fancying someone to be. Me ocding over something new. I understand my 'feelings' and will therefore not fall into my own traps.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I once read that infps sometimes ask wierd questions about entps.

To answer your question, in my case, I'm used to be in control of those things, I don't like abhor feeling tied down.
    Also, I simply don't seem to get attached the way some people do. I won't call or even think about people I like 99.99% of the time. I'm also used to get those whims, when I want something or am interested in someone or something and get over it whenever the novelty factor has passed (on), so that's generally what I consider my fancying someone to be. Me ocding over something new. I understand my 'feelings' and will therefore not fall into my own traps.
    +1, from the female perspective. For the most part, I usually like to control the situation - even if it seems indirect. It's like I allow you to make the first move, if that makes sense.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    +1, from the female perspective. For the most part, I usually like to control the situation - even if it seems indirect. It's like I allow you to make the first move, if that makes sense.
    So an entp dating an entp would be like this endlessfractal chess game played by smirking 3 years olds with a mastermind complex.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    So an entp dating an entp would be like this endlessfractal chess game played by smirking 3 years olds with a mastermind complex.
    that sounds totally hot, in a depressing kind of way.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    that sounds totally hot, in a depressing kind of way.
    That's a nice way to sum it up.
    You know you'd hurt yourself bad if you ever get any closer, yet that Grand Canyon's just so pretty and exciting and shiny.

I think there's this whole post modern drama tv romanti-ci-sm going on, about how 'true love' or whatever -yawns- is about 'being yourself'.
    Which can be an issue when you tend to be more of a self conscious venician mask. I just, couldn't really, see those images of 'laid back, sleeping late with girl x on a satursday morning and being all colgate' fitting the rubber ball inside of me.
    People get serious eck, party eck or whatever other version's lying around. But It'd just be too stressful not to just, have the option of running off whenever i feel like it.

... In theory.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by CindySue View Post
    I noticed some Entp guys said they don't like to make the first move with the woman they love and really want to be with. Is this true for all Entps? How do you ever get into a relationship then?
    with the woman they love?

i live to not have any regrets whatsoever...unless i somehow make my intentions clear, how am i to know what could have been

but yeah...the feeling of sticking to one woman for a while is both empowering and contraining at the same time...empowering cuz taking that next step opens new doors to places i still havent been

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Not a guy but the OP isn't true for me. Like thisGuy said I don't like looking back and wondering what may have been, I'd rather get screwed over but know.

I'm hardly likely to love someone in a romantic way if I'm not in a relationship with them so up until that point it's all about possibilities and knowing what I'm like in a relationship there's a chance that if they are a friend that I care for deeply I'd be very cautious about taking it to a romantic relationship until I had reason to believe that I wouldn't flake on them after two days.

That said, I would and have made the first move in relationships but I am more inclined to either not notice someone until they blatantly indicate interest or to set up the circumstances for the other person to make the first move. Im pretty darn blunt though so if I've felt them out enough I'd pounce.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya, to tell a colony you are already trading with that their melones are awesome I can do. But establishing first contact out of your own intrest, I suck at.

Would be nice, when you approach the planet to already receive hails. Glad there is the internet to overcome shortage in courage
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I never made the first move. As a consequence I never really dated much either.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com