User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I never made the first move. As a consequence I never really dated much either.
    ^Same!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I never made the first move. As a consequence I never really dated much either.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    ^Same!
    you guys are prolly the happiest people posting in this thread

garbage

My current is the only one I've actually made the first move on, and she's the only person I've dated that I can say I actually like.

I dunno. I guess it comes with the whole Ne "wait and see" attitude, but sometimes you just gotta take the reins and go.

MBTI
    eNTP

nevernevernever. i never make the first move. i trick the guy in question into making the first move.
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

i'm a woman, but... i CAN make the first move but i have to be SURE that it will be accepted. i mean 100% sure.
    if that makes sense?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    +1, from the female perspective. For the most part, I usually like to control the situation - even if it seems indirect. It's like I allow you to make the first move, if that makes sense.
    Yes, don't like having my hand forced.

Actually, I find that in life generally, I tend to take the lion's share of being the proactive one, the initiator, getting things going, getting things started, getting people moving etc etc... and actually, I don't like it. I do it, mostly because it usually seems that if I don't, people will just dither and twat around indefinitely and nothing will get done. But I don't like having to play that role, and I don't like that people rely on me to play it and expect me to play it, and don't make the effort to play it themselves.

So... it always impresses me when someone takes that yoke off me and makes a first move with something, allowing me to play my more natural and instinctive role of going with the flow, of being reactive.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Exaaaactly, Sub.

Let someone else make the effort for once - show me that you are not always going to need me to lead you.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    i'm a woman, but... i CAN make the first move but i have to be SURE that it will be accepted. i mean 100% sure.
    if that makes sense?
    Same here. And it's nerve-wrecking since I suck with all this talking about feelings, opening up and dating thing.

But I run into those guys that interest me so rarely that I can't let them go out of my hands. Like once in every 5 yrs...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Sachetan View Post
    Same here. And it's nerve-wrecking since I suck with all this talking about feelings, opening up and dating thing.

But I run into those guys that interest me so rarely that I can't let them go out of my hands. Like once in every 5 yrs...
    I know what you mean about never finding guys.

I actually never have to make the first move, so I never really had to think about it. For some reason, a lot of guys like me and think I am very interesting, but I get bored of them all so fast. It is like, I want a relationship and I don't want one, because I don't tend to get attached, and just wish I could find more guys worthy of attachment!

I just want to want the attachment!
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't like making the first move at all. But, people have unfortunately told me I'm intimidating? That makes things annoying for me.
    "Vous au moins, vous ne risquez pas d'être un légume, puisque même un artichaut a du cœur."
    -Amelie Poulain