• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs a bunch of work

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"You are a bunch of work", well I got that sentence for like all my life and I mostly used it to figure out what people bear the knack for wisdom and what people are lost for like forever.

Just recently I have gotten this sentence from like every person and I think its too much. I cant take it no longer.

What do you think has made empathy in people grown so low that they fail to recognize an infant person would have never have such thoughts ? Or do you think people want to J entps in that way that their most strong ability, namely being whacko, is not allowed for them to be used no more ?

(This thread was created under the influence of 8 beer + half a bottle of red wine and falls under the conundrum of "aint there lately alot of threads about infjs ?")

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
1) Are you even an ENTP? You keep changing your mind. Actually, that just answered my question.

2) This should probably be posted in some other section.

3) I don't understand your post.

4) :hug:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dont be unfair, I was entp for more than a year now, I deserve some change. I saw that my brother from France recently made a good post that ended in the fluff zone, therefore I thought germany needs to show its coherence.

I am just sick of being called an infant. I nearly got a master in science, I deserve better

G

garbage

(This thread was created under the influence of 8 beer + half a bottle of red wine and falls under the conundrum of "aint there lately alot of threads about infjs ?")

Are you called a bunch of work because you get drunk and post on forums every day? Because that could explain it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know.. life hasnt to be composed of emptiness, if you just try hard enough

Qre:us

"You are a bunch of work",

[...]

Work is the curse of the drinking class....

....the solution is evident.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am gonna quote my blog here, cause noone reads it either. Maybe with that I can explain what I meant.
See you all later
------------

Dear Diary,

I am a bit pissed off today cause I got nothing that bugs me. Actually I am totally happy and even my attempts to create a threat totally went puff today.

I dont say things like that often, but I am gonna do it now: I am happy :)

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1t4Py78pw"].[/youtube]

Chief Engineer out

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
To be fair, I don't read anyone's blog.

But I feel ya, I've had the same phrases thrown at me for years from people who don't understand where I'm coming from, and it can get tiring. But on the other hand, it makes life more interesting if they don't quite get me. So, whatever.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
reading blogs?
People do that? :confused:

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Moved from NF land.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
you should go intuit more

while your in there, whats your next invention gonna be

sculpting

sorry brother of enthalpie, entps can be a good amount of work in real life.

You guys are a bit like little kids, running and playing, getting into all types of mischief. It is delightful, yet can be a little high maintenance. It's a package I guess.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's a package you are right :D.

Ok asuming you are right, what I dont get is the form of communication going on. Take for example an atypical entp, who is totally childish, going on on tangents and getting into mischief and he is your boss, then and only then you are in grave danger.

But if you meet this entp as a total stranger and foreigner and nothing would happen to you due to his behaviour to what extent can you judge him then ? You can say he is a playful kid, but with that you would imply that you yourself are a nonplayful adult. And I dont think you would want to create that image of yourself; the rather right way would be to respect every foreigner for what he is and try to see, if he maybe just sees the world from a different PoV instead of reducing him to a general concept of your societial common sense.

I dont want to rant about this, cause I really dont care, if someone calls me an infant. The only thing that bugs me in the situation is that people that have nothing to fear from me, reduce themselves by calling me anything. And I dont understand, how anyone could possibly want that.

So another example, if you have an university professor with a funny german accent, you sometimes totally laugh at his accent. But besides that you try to follow his lecture ans respect the man like every native speaker, cause just because he has another way of saying things doesnt mean he means different things.

And thats the same with calling entps infantile. There can be a wise man sitting behind the infantile behaviour, cause being able to come off as infantile and being still funny the same time, needs a wise man behind it. And if someone then calls the infantile wise man infantile, he reduces himself to look like he is dependent on the way of presentation of things. And with THAT behaviour, he would take away the Ne from the entp, cause their strongest attitude is to present things in a new and uncommon way.

I basically forgot what I wanted to say here, but at least I said something :D

Cheers bro ! :cheers:

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Right Ent. Like I said, same meaning but different words...

Basically, why people take time out of their lives to judge me - am I that interesting to you? Mind your own business, and live and let live. Basically.

I know what it's like to be an intelligent foreigner sounding like I don't understand basic concepts just because I don't use the correct "basic" grammar. I sympathize.

sculpting

I agree and am with you on this one. I adore the playfulness myself.

But from another aspect-think about an ESFP. They have amazing qualities but do we actually stop and look past thier surface and appreciate those qualities?

Not often, as they may not be qualities that are of immediate value to us. If we appreciate deep thinking and abstract conversation, the esfp may seem infantile to us, if entertaining.

So same thing with an entp. If you are being judged by an ESTJ, they do not see results or value and thus call it infantile.

Surround yourself with other Ns as much as possible and learn to use the Fe mask to play the game are the best tips I can give you.

Qre:us

And thats the same with calling entps infantile. There can be a wise man sitting behind the infantile behaviour, cause being able to come off as infantile and being still funny the same time, needs a wise man behind it. And if someone then calls the infantile wise man infantile, he reduces himself to look like he is dependent on the way of presentation of things. And with THAT behaviour, he would take away the Ne from the entp, cause their strongest attitude is to present things in a new and uncommon way.

I actually get called the same sentiment: childish, or when they're trying to be more 'nice' - OCS (Only Child Syndrome), my (INxJ) bf repeatedly compares me to his nephews where one is 5 years old and the other is 2 (a lot of fights about patronization on that one), child, kid, even, baby (this one for my stubbornness), 'you're a handful', chaos personified, Miss Mischief, whirlwind (no, she's more like the hurricane that hit Dorothy! not clever).

And you know what? Those that I give half a damn about gets told exactly when they cross that line (I let it be known to not patronize me - I detest this).

And, for the rest of the people, I've learned to use it to my advantage.

* Because I can get along fabulously with kids (my friend's 5mths infant and I have the best time, just getting into laughing/giggling sessions that leaves us both heaving for breath!), I've always worked with kids because their outlook is so fresh and fun, I've also worked with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, and played for hours on end with kids in foreign countries where I didn't speak their language. I see this as a bonus because I can, and do enjoy, interacting with people from ALL walks of life, age or any other 'communication hindrance' is actually not a problem for me. I can be the silliest of sillies with them.

* And, sometimes this side of me lulls people into a sense of misguided belief about me, and so they get quite shocked that I can just as soon and with great ease, flip my side, be serious, contemplative and engage them in an intellectual debate and hold my own (while destroying theirs) without missing a beat or a smile.

So, I just let those people assume whatever generalizations they want of me, and use that 'weakness' of theirs at the perfect opportunity to exploit for my own end. Child's play, really. :devil:

phoenity

"You are a bunch of work", well I got that sentence for like all my life and I mostly used it to figure out what people bear the knack for wisdom and what people are lost for like forever.

Just recently I have gotten this sentence from like every person and I think its too much. I cant take it no longer.

What do you think has made empathy in people grown so low that they fail to recognize an infant person would have never have such thoughts ? Or do you think people want to J entps in that way that their most strong ability, namely being whacko, is not allowed for them to be used no more ?

You would be fun to chill with IRL.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think its ecause of how energetic we are. Because we are going at 1000 mph all the time physically and/or mentally It takes loads of energy to keep up which may wear people out. Especially Sensors as they can keep making the jumps with us.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am just sick of being called an infant. I nearly got a master in science, I deserve better

Am I allowed to laugh at that sentence?

Tough shit, I already did.

Anyway, I know what you mean. You keep a childlike sense of fun and awe at the world around you, and all of a sudden you're called immature. Oh, I'm sorry, like I didn't realize that being mature meant being a BORING FUCK.

There's childlike, and childish, and they're different things. One's positive, one's negative. I reckon people are just jealous, bro.

:yes:

PS. Do you find that whatever they say about New World wines, nothing beats a good Bordeaux? :cheers:

Go onto Spotify and search Fatboy Slim. Order tracks according to popularity, and chill.

:party2:

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8

ENTPs are just annoying. I've accepted it, as should you. :):hug: