User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    there is plenty of proof, if you just look. The simple fact that we can shatter glass with our voices by matching it's resonant frequency is almost proof enough. But here is a simple demonstration.

YouTube - Shapeshifting from Vibration and Frequency - Send out Love?

from low to higher and higher frequency, watch how it shapes the matter.

Web Page explaining the facts.
    Resonance - Concept, How it works, Vibration of molecules, Oscillation, Cycles and frequency, Amplitude and energy, Oscillation in wave motion
    Ah, OK. "Shaping" I interpreted "forming" to mean "creating."

Yes. I am quite aware of resonance. I use it in RF circuits.

Also, that video is cool.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    However, I hunger for something profound. Something so broadly applicable that it penetrates all of life, and presented as so clearly true, that it is not simply held as "may be true."
    Become an existentialist like me, lol. Seeing as it's existentialism, it penetrates all of life, and seeing as it's philosophy that one can take up and not a theory, it doesn't really matter if it's true or not, lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    Become an existentialist like me, lol. Seeing as it's existentialism, it penetrates all of life, and seeing as it's philosophy that one can take up and not a theory, it doesn't really matter if it's true or not, lulz.
    Existentialism is most definitely in the "may be true" category.

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Ah, OK. "Shaping" I interpreted "forming" to mean "creating."

Yes. I am quite aware of resonance. I use it in RF circuits.

Also, that video is cool.
    Creation is a few steps further, but in the story of creation First there was the WORD (SOUND).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Existentialism is most definitely in the "may be true" category.
    your thinking of creationism

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Creation is a few steps further, but in the story of creation First there was the WORD (SOUND).
    I beleive in the Greek it was LOGOS, meaning both TRUTH and FORM. I have never found plays on words very deep, though they do make creative connections.

your thinking of creationism
    All philosophies are in the "may be true" category for me.

Creationism, is in the "very probably not true" sub-category for me.

Robot Fusion

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I beleive in the Greek it was LOGOS, meaning both TRUTH and FORM. I have never found plays on words very deep, though they do make creative connections.

yeah well your in the "very annoying person" sub-category for me

MBTI
    INTP

Hmm. I would agree to an extent on this. I would probably agree that in my own personal opinion, creationism is not true. However; on a logical level (and the only one that actually counts), I know it is impossible for me to 100% know and therefore leave room for the unknown.

yeah well your in the "very annoying person" sub-category for me
    Ohh, a very clear example of ad hominem. Thank you for your useless, yet entertaining, input.

I use "deep" and "profound" for lack of better words.

I know I know very little of what there is to know. The more I learn, the more true I know the last statement to be.

However, I hunger for something profound. Something so broadly applicable that it penetrates all of life, and presented as so clearly true, that it is not simply held as "may be true."

Tautologies are general, and context free, but lack the power of application. But they are the closest to profound truth that I have found.

Everything to me now just seems like another things that "may be true" or are "simple facets" of thing that I believe are "likely true" along with tautologies.

I would like toe learn "likely true" things that are broadly and generally applicable.

As a kid, it seemed like I could learn new stuff like that...
    • Using the speed of sound plus delay to measure the distance of things (a jet, a storm, fireworks whatever you could both see and hear). When I learned this as a kid, I would go to hill tops to see and hear vehicles whizzing by, and to this day, I have a habit of counting the time between lightning and thunder, and the delay between sight and sound of fireworks.
    • That acceleration*momentum=power, was kind of like that too. Less directly applicable (nonetheless still applicable), and extremely general. I had already a common sense notion of the components involved, but the relationship seemed profound when I derived it as a kid.

But this sort of thing just doesn't seem to come around much these days.

On a more serious note.. it seems to me that you are consistently looking for external resources to satisfy your needs/wants and desires. Everything you need is within yourself. Seemingly, from my perspective, nothing you gather through researching or anything anyone here has to say will give you the desired understanding you seek. It seems to me that the iNtuitive function (ability to grasp seemingly unrelated things, making connections where as none were before, and ability to read the subconscious) in conjunction with the Thinking function (ability to logically deduct and make conclusions of your intuitive analysis) is in contrast with your perceiving function (Constant openness to nearly everything, nothing is ever, set-in-stone, or concrete). Intuitively a thought comes along, you deduct that thought and find rational reasoning to act upon the thought. Perceiving will take over practically forcing your mind to attempt an objective perception where the intuitive function will now act upon the perceived thoughts (grasping reasoning in unrelated areas) and thinking will continue (potentially disproving your first intuition) and moving to perceiving once again. The cycle continues and in the ends with you feeling as if nothing has changed except your thoughts on any given topic, subject, etc..

Now as I let my perceiving function take over, I say: But hey, that's just my perception.. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Truth exists, but it is not real.

I often enjoy breaking apart paradox. Once I obtained enlightenment for a few moments after I fully grasped the paradox between the Taoist belief of emptiness and fullness, but then I lost it.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Quote Originally Posted by Jeximo View Post
    On a more serious note.. it seems to me that you are consistently looking for external resources to satisfy your needs/wants and desires. Everything you need is within yourself. Seemingly, from my perspective, nothing you gather through researching or anything anyone here has to say will give you the desired understanding you seek. It seems to me that the iNtuitive function (ability to grasp seemingly unrelated things, making connections where as none were before, and ability to read the subconscious) in conjunction with the Thinking function (ability to logically deduct and make conclusions of your intuitive analysis) is in contrast with your perceiving function (Constant openness to nearly everything, nothing is ever, set-in-stone, or concrete). Intuitively a thought comes along, you deduct that thought and find rational reasoning to act upon the thought. Perceiving will take over practically forcing your mind to attempt an objective perception where the intuitive function will now act upon the perceived thoughts (grasping reasoning in unrelated areas) and thinking will continue (potentially disproving your first intuition) and moving to perceiving once again. The cycle continues and in the ends with you feeling as if nothing has changed except your thoughts on any given topic, subject, etc..

Now as I let my perceiving function take over, I say: But hey, that's just my perception.. Maybe I'm completely wrong.
    You are pretty much accurate on this description. I find myself saying that last comment quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Truth exists, but it is not real.
    In your terms, what is the diference between existence and reality?

To me truth is real, but its thorough perception does not exist.

Robot Fusion