User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

hey man there is a big suppression of new ideas/perspectives going on in the science world right now, people who bring up I.D. (Intelligent Design) are "punished" often fired from their job and blacklisted. Alot of people are jailed for inventing certain things.. A man who was developing a theory on anti gravity with gyroscopes got silenced by the public media, he later recreated his lecture in private. People die too, Stanley Meyers got poisoned...

Our technology level at this point is what should have already been developed in the 1980's or 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    On a certain level I share your concern. But even if social science lack the clinical reproducibility of the hard sciences, it gives people who study that sort of thing a useful way to talk to one another. No more and no less. Humanity has to interact in predictable ways for predictable reasons in order for society to function period. If you take soft sciences to just be a theory of patterns you shouldn't have a problem with it.
    I can see how having a common language can help. But sometimes, some people use it as if the results were like in the hard sciences. That, I think, is dangerous.

I will trust physics by standing on the end of a swing of pendulum with no external forces on it.

I will not trust IQ tests and the Big Five personality trait of conscientiousness for hiring my employees/coworkers.... even though, they have verified correlations. I may use them as weeders, if the number of applicants are too much to handle, but that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    hey man there is a big suppression of new ideas/perspectives going on in the science world right now, people who bring up I.D. (Intelligent Design) are "punished" often fired from their job and blacklisted. Alot of people are jailed for inventing certain things.. A man who was developing a theory on anti gravity with gyroscopes got silenced by the public media, he later recreated his lecture in private. People die too, Stanley Meyers got poisoned...

Our technology level at this point is what should have already been developed in the 1980's or 90's.
    I don't know if there is. I think science has always been a messy business, where outlying theories have been "suppressed" as you say. I don't believe it to be a new phenomenon.

Not to derail my own thread though. I think different people will have different thing they find deep and profound. I have believed this for a long time. However, I am looking to have more of those "Aha! moments." They are rare if not non-existent lately.

I have "Ah, I see my mistake" moments.
    I have "Oh, I see" moments.
    I even have "OK. Now I understand" moments.
    and "I didn't know that" moments.

But nothing that seems profound. Just more fodder for my information sucking brain.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Here you go, OP

"Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I can see how having a common language can help. But sometimes, some people use it as if the results were like in the hard sciences. That, I think, is dangerous.

I will trust physics by standing on the end of a swing of pendulum with no external forces on it.

I will not trust IQ tests and the Big Five personality trait of conscientiousness for hiring my employees/coworkers.... even though, they have verified correlations. I may use them as weeders, if the number of applicants are too much to handle, but that is about it.

I don't know if there is. I think science has always been a messy business, where outlying theories have been "suppressed" as you say. I don't believe it to be a new phenomenon.

Not to derail my own thread though. I think different people will have different thing they find deep and profound. I have believed this for a long time. However, I am looking to have more of those "Aha! moments." They are rare if not non-existent lately.

But nothing that seems profound. Just more fodder for my information sucking brain.
    I can relate to that, because the in between those "experiences" it seems rather boring because those "experiences" can seem so beautiful/awe inspiring, and these gaps can last years at a time! But personally I'm having one of those moments myself right now, and I'm on the verge of destroying my dream, and turning it into reality.

oh and it isn't that new, but it's not that old either, in Einstien's day and age, these ideas would not have been met with as much resistance. The older citizens of the scientific community tell their stories of how the science world has changed, it always boils down to money though.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

The Golden Ratio, or Sound frequencies forming matter, are probably good subjects to get your brain thinking about deep and profound things that relate to the entire universe. If you already know about these then....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Here I think we're in definite agreement.

Hmm. Just to take one last stab at it, I'd like to recommend the movie Waking Life. Some people find it to be kind of pretentious, but some of the insights in that film are so elegant that they brought tears to my eyes first time I saw it.

The Golden Ratio, or Sound frequencies forming matter, are probably good subjects to get your brain thinking about deep and profound things that relate to the entire universe. If you already know about these then....
    I did know of these theories. I don't think much of them to tell you the truth. But thatnks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    Hmm. Just to take one last stab at it, I'd like to recommend the movie Waking Life. Some people find it to be kind of pretentious, but some of the insights in that film are so elegant that they brought tears to my eyes first time I saw it.
    Another movie on my "to see" list. Thanks.

Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I did know of these theories. I don't think much of them to tell you the truth. But thatnks for the input.

Another movie on my "to see" list. Thanks.
    They're not theories.

They're not theories.
    What are they then?

I think you can find all sorts of ratio's in nature. Finding the Golden Ratio doesn't too surprising.

Also, is there proof of the sound frequency thing?

Robot Fusion

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

What are they then?

I think you can find all sorts of ratio's in nature. Finding the Golden Ratio doesn't too surprising.

Also, is there proof of the sound frequency thing?

there is plenty of proof, if you just look. The simple fact that we can shatter glass with our voices by matching it's resonant frequency is almost proof enough. But here is a simple demonstration.

YouTube - Shapeshifting from Vibration and Frequency - Send out Love?

from low to higher and higher frequency, watch how it shapes the matter.

Web Page explaining the facts.
    Resonance - Concept, How it works, Vibration of molecules, Oscillation, Cycles and frequency, Amplitude and energy, Oscillation in wave motion