User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by medica View Post
    A little later he propositioned me in the most analytical manner I've ever experienced, so I saved him by getting up, going over to him, sitting down across his lap and kissing him. It sure worked.
    Haha. Aw. INTJ's are so cute. Don't tell them I said that.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I always liked the "It's the J's job to seduce the P" theory.
    I was married to an INTP for 10+ years. He's the laziest man I know. Is that a typical INTP-thing?
    EQ is a consolation prize for people with low IQ.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    Then, whatever you do, back off. Even if you feel like you'll explode if you don't see that INTJ again soon, back the hell off. Go away. Hide yourself under a rock. Give them a chance to breathe, and then casually show up again.
    I'm going to print this and stick it on my fridge.
    EQ is a consolation prize for people with low IQ.

MBTI
    xxxx

I was married to an INTP for 10+ years. He's the laziest man I know. Is that a typical INTP-thing?
    Show me an INTP without a proficiency in the sacred art of procrastination, and I'll show you a picture of a snowball fight in the Sahara.

INTPs are thinkers, not doers. Not naturally, at least.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

A little later he propositioned me in the most analytical manner I've ever experienced,
    oh please share...

I watched my INTJ girlfriend try and date a guy for going on two years. By the end of it me and my old entp best friend were planning to get them drunk and lock them in a room together. Later he ran off and became a gay tennis player and dated old guys in california.

I am no help here, sorry.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Originally Posted by Jewelchild
    Then, whatever you do, back off. Even if you feel like you'll explode if you don't see that INTJ again soon, back the hell off. Go away. Hide yourself under a rock. Give them a chance to breathe, and then casually show up again.

I'm going to print this and stick it on my fridge.
    Hell... I'm going to print it out on little cards and hand it out to guys who hit on me.

You know, last week I was sitting outside on the dock at a restaurant I like to go to, eating lunch. I was by myself, listening to music at a table for 4. For some reason I remembered a thread here once about where INTJ's hang out and remembered someone saying that they'd be doing exactly what I was up to at that moment.

I laughed and wondered what kind of come-on would intrigue me enough to let someone sit at my table and talk with me and a kind of daydream started...

Mystery Man would approach the table "Hey... I noticed you sitting here by yourself, would you like some company?"

Me with raised eyebrows "That depends. Are you selling anything?"

Mystery Man sits down without waiting for me to answer with a smirk "Not today. Can't seem to get away from the surveillance long enough."

Me "Ahh. FBI?"

Mystery Man bites his food and shakes his head no. "Nah, their surveillance sucks. I can lose their tail in a half a minute flat. What are you listening to?"

Me, amused "Clapton"

Mystery Man "He's not bad. A little too polished for my liking, but I like some of his stuff."

Me, unwilling to admit he's right "Maybe. I've never seen you here, do you work nearby?"

Mystery Man gives me the look "I don't think I should tell you that. You could be a stalker."

I laugh at the irony of someone who sat at my table calling me a stalker and wonder if maybe he's a stalker and disguising himself with a clever turn-table remark.

Me, implying that if HE were a stalker I'm prepared "I could be. Do you have your mace and your gun handy?" (I throw in a gun for good measure and exaggeration)

Mystery Man "Of course. I'd never sit down at a strangers table without my Glock. Plus I like shooting at the fish in the water off the dock after I eat. It helps with my digestion"

Me "I usually just give them my leftover pita bread, but whatever floats your boat."

Mystery Man "I used to do that but it made the other clients nervous"

Me, laughing again at the ridiculous conversation we're having that we both know is utter BS.

Mystery Man finishes eating "I have to head back to the office... thanks for letting me crash your table. Care to meet me here again next week? I'll be coming over for lunch on Thursday at about this time."

Me "You never know, I'm here a lot. Have a good day."

*Marks the calendar for next Thursday and sets reminders so she doesn't forget*

The conversation has everything that gets to me...

1. Sarcasm
    2. Off the wall comments
    3. Humor
    4. Confidence
    5. Intelligence

Plus there wasn't the added tension of actually being asked out. I was offered a chance to go back to a place where we'd already met with no awkward, put-you-on-the-spot decision making... I'd have a whole week to think about it.

I decided that I should try to seduce myself and all would be well in my world.

Embrace the possibilities.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Wow Misty, that's adorable and would never work for me. I loved the whole exchange but I would be craving him to delve more into that surveillance crap. And that Clapton comment is just begging for a debate, whether he is wrong or right.

And asking me about some future date would give me too much time to think it to death, causing me to be bored with him before the next meeting, or just outright forget by the time thursday rolls around.

But your thought process is utterly adorable!

I kind of did that with mine. I conked him in the head with my playfulness, my brains and my directness, and basically invited myself to visit him (the distance made an overnight stay more or less necessary, and sex was definitely implied). We talked for 5 hours straight with some semi-awkward silences (hey, I'm an ENTP, usually all silent periods with people I don't know very well are awkward!) in between, we had some good food and some good wine during the evening, and we were basically enjoying ourselves.

A little later he propositioned me in the most analytical manner I've ever experienced, so I saved him by getting up, going over to him, sitting down across his lap and kissing him. It sure worked.
    If I am ever married, I bet money that the story we tell about how we got together goes almost exactly like that.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am tempted to ask if anyone wants a scotch again, but I fear the last half of the second bottle will be not open for sharing
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]