User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Ne-Ti idea

Default Ne-Ti idea

howdy.

So I would like to learn more about what Ne-Ti looks like.

From my brief discussions with entps, it seems like it may not always be a clean process quite like the Ti doms use. But that observation is based upon very limited discussions with an intp and entp friend.

When Ne and Ti are working together to explore new ideas or brainstorm can you describe that process?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Howdy !

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

oh, entropy, that's so ...touching...

Ne-Ti is far more cuddly than I ever thought...

Looks like it might nip though, which in the right company could be fun.

answer the question please. please? please please please pleasaeeeeeee.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well I once read that the N-T combo is often more intrested in how the world works, while the N-F combo is more intrested how it inhabitants work. That way the preliminary intrest of direction in which Ne-Ti goes maybe can described.

Besides that, most of the times its like you see something and then rationally connect some dots to make something new from it or to give a different PoV. That means you can be a creator of nasty metaphors i.e. .

While Te-Ni on the other hand, for example, can work that way too. Creating new dots between things, because they are puzzle-likly reorganizably but to fundamentally understand the meaning of a concept or an idea needs the Te-Ni user to transfer it to his own language of things. While the Ne-Ti user can due to his strength in Ti analyze the things after the rules logic dictates, therefore being able to understand a greater variety of abstract phaenomena more detailed in the shadow of logic.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

ent - you're not allowed to comment until you pick a team.

puppy - you are obsessed.

My Ne is the same as your Ne. I just filter out what doesn't make sense, kind of like your own Fi filtration process I guess. And people's feelings never, ever matter.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Pick a team ? I thought you loved me for the person I am ?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I love you for the freak that you are. especially when you thought you were ESTJ. how adorable.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

As I see it right now:

Ti+Ne basically focuses on creating an accurate model (i.e., rational Ti-style framework) of reality, and it uses Ne to test the structure and fetch new ideas... sort of like the retriever dog Ti sends out and tells to "bring back stuff." The dog has a lot of energy and no chain, and you never know what the heck it might drag back to base camp, but you can rest assured it will go wherever it wants to look for new stuff.

Ne+Ti, as best as I understand it, is more about exploring everything possible -- ideas brimmed to the full -- and they're tied together and utilized for things using Ti as the rope/duct tape. Creating a comprehensive model is not really the point here, it's more about being able to explore the ideas wherever they go using Ti to make sure one is not stepping off a cliff.

So note that with Ti+Ne, the introvert is sitting in one spot building the model and the dog brings back stuff. With Ne+Ti, the extrovert is ranging all over the place using their Ti toolbelt to keep them from getting into scrapes and to jury-rig whatever they can get to work.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ya, the freak I am, ever seen the world from here ?

I liked what socionics said about ESTJs that totally convinced me

LSEs tend to have an unchanging habit of either being chronically late or chronically early. They rarely know or think about how long things will take, and their estimates are often way off. They are often surprised by the amount of time that has passed between events, and wonder where the time has gone. LSEs tend to want everything done as well as possible and to the highest possible quality, often failing to consider the amount of time necessary to do the job in such a way.

garbage

It kind of feels like throwing darts at a dartboard, then running a string along the darts to create some sort of holistic generalization, model, or pattern out of the pieces.