• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Ne-Ti idea

sculpting

howdy.

So I would like to learn more about what Ne-Ti looks like.

From my brief discussions with entps, it seems like it may not always be a clean process quite like the Ti doms use. But that observation is based upon very limited discussions with an intp and entp friend.

When Ne and Ti are working together to explore new ideas or brainstorm can you describe that process?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Howdy !

Yeti_Doll_by_mostlymade.jpg

sculpting

oh, entropy, that's so ...touching...

Ne-Ti is far more cuddly than I ever thought...

Looks like it might nip though, which in the right company could be fun.

answer the question please. please? please please please pleasaeeeeeee.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well I once read that the N-T combo is often more intrested in how the world works, while the N-F combo is more intrested how it inhabitants work. That way the preliminary intrest of direction in which Ne-Ti goes maybe can described.

Besides that, most of the times its like you see something and then rationally connect some dots to make something new from it or to give a different PoV. That means you can be a creator of nasty metaphors i.e. :D.

While Te-Ni on the other hand, for example, can work that way too. Creating new dots between things, because they are puzzle-likly reorganizably but to fundamentally understand the meaning of a concept or an idea needs the Te-Ni user to transfer it to his own language of things. While the Ne-Ti user can due to his strength in Ti analyze the things after the rules logic dictates, therefore being able to understand a greater variety of abstract phaenomena more detailed in the shadow of logic.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
ent - you're not allowed to comment until you pick a team.

puppy - you are obsessed.

My Ne is the same as your Ne. I just filter out what doesn't make sense, kind of like your own Fi filtration process I guess. And people's feelings never, ever matter.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Pick a team ? I thought you loved me for the person I am ? :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love you for the freak that you are. especially when you thought you were ESTJ. how adorable. :wubbie:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As I see it right now:

Ti+Ne basically focuses on creating an accurate model (i.e., rational Ti-style framework) of reality, and it uses Ne to test the structure and fetch new ideas... sort of like the retriever dog Ti sends out and tells to "bring back stuff." The dog has a lot of energy and no chain, and you never know what the heck it might drag back to base camp, but you can rest assured it will go wherever it wants to look for new stuff.

Ne+Ti, as best as I understand it, is more about exploring everything possible -- ideas brimmed to the full -- and they're tied together and utilized for things using Ti as the rope/duct tape. Creating a comprehensive model is not really the point here, it's more about being able to explore the ideas wherever they go using Ti to make sure one is not stepping off a cliff.

So note that with Ti+Ne, the introvert is sitting in one spot building the model and the dog brings back stuff. With Ne+Ti, the extrovert is ranging all over the place using their Ti toolbelt to keep them from getting into scrapes and to jury-rig whatever they can get to work.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya, the freak I am, ever seen the world from here ? :D

I liked what socionics said about ESTJs that totally convinced me :D

LSEs tend to have an unchanging habit of either being chronically late or chronically early. They rarely know or think about how long things will take, and their estimates are often way off. They are often surprised by the amount of time that has passed between events, and wonder where the time has gone. LSEs tend to want everything done as well as possible and to the highest possible quality, often failing to consider the amount of time necessary to do the job in such a way.

G

garbage

It kind of feels like throwing darts at a dartboard, then running a string along the darts to create some sort of holistic generalization, model, or pattern out of the pieces.

sculpting

ent - you're not allowed to comment until you pick a team.

puppy - you are obsessed.

My Ne is the same as your Ne. I just filter out what doesn't make sense, kind of like your own Fi filtration process I guess. And people's feelings never, ever matter.

yup, trying to put pieces into puzzles. sorry. I am tenacious.

anyways what I really want to dig at is the step by step cognitive process. A brilliant crazy Ne entp I know said often the pieces are connected sometimes under the hood. Ne makes connections before Ti can consciously link them? Then after the fact the Ti linkages are solidified? I dunno, sounds nutty, I am not sure how to phrase this.

It kind of ties in with some stuff kalach was chatting about on another thread looking for underpinnings of the way Fi works in isolation.

I tried to make the guy give me time points between each step. It was five seconds for the entire cognitive process, but the linkages sort of bubbled up at various points, not quite sequentially. ten pieces of data/ideas in the linkage.

He doesnt know anything about jungian theory but he stopped and said it was odd that item 3 actually came up cognitively before the connection between item 1 and 2 were established.

Trying to understand the exact flow of events and ratio of events conscious vs subconscious.

Qre:us

howdy.

So I would like to learn more about what Ne-Ti looks like.

From my brief discussions with entps, it seems like it may not always be a clean process quite like the Ti doms use. But that observation is based upon very limited discussions with an intp and entp friend.

When Ne and Ti are working together to explore new ideas or brainstorm can you describe that process?

It feels very much so like running a marathon with the carrot dangling from the stick, and always just slightly out of your reach.

You see the carrot, you start to get excited about said carrot, but, you've moved ahead trying to grasp said carrot, and it's once again just a few steps out of your reach.

The point now: is the carrot Ne or Ti?

^ The above was literally me trying to put down whatever came to my head when I read your question, and I just started with "It feels like" and I had no idea what my mind would even think for it...and now I'm left with a carrot analogy, that's not fully fleshed out. (Ne)

My Ti will make the case for why the carrot is meant to be the Ne or Ti. It's the patient one, the judging function, it takes time and evaluation. My Ne is my mind working faster than I can catch up with it. My Ti allows me to understand my own mind...if I'm interested enough in whatever was spouted by Ne. Hence, the carrot is the Ne, and those moments of seredipitous closeness in reach where my tongue was able to touch that carrot for a split second are my Ti. The ratio of Ne-fueled thoughts versus how much of that gets analyzed (A>B) made me realize what function I most realidy access...Ne.

It makes it such that often times, I, as well as others around me, are real-time audience to whatever comes out of my mind,...hence, me getting a lot of personal amusement out of my own self.