User Tag List

First 123 Last

Ah. I misread. When you posted them as "the fifteen characteristics of self actualization" I assumed all fifteen were needed to reach what Maslow theorized this state to be.

garbage

It seems that a lot of those 16 traits can fit different types' stereotypical "default" states. We all just have to grow in different ways to reach the same sort of self-actualization that we're striving for. INTJs would be the kings and queens of #1 and #5, especially.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

in order to understand what self actualization really is, you have to have gone through the process yourself, if you never had a peak experience, then it's unlikely you will understand. So until someone shares an experience, I'm not going to believe anyone here knows what self actualization is.

What were Maslow's examples of peak experiences in his own life that lead you to believe there is credibility to this theory in the first place? I would be interested in reading some of those if you could point me in the right direction.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Perhaps one of his peak experiences was the development of this theory? And it's not HIS experience that leads me to believe his theory has credibility, it's MY experience. Just because I havn't shared any of my experiences here doesn't mean I havn't had any. I was just interested in other's experiences, if they have had any.

Perhaps it could have been or perhaps not. Personally I have had what I would consider peak experiences but like you I am not currently sharing. I think a "peak experience" is something that cannot really be explained to someone else. It would be like explaining an orgasm in the technical sense as opposed to experiencing it. Alot gets lost in the translation.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Perhaps it could have been or perhaps not. Personally I have had what I would consider peak experiences but like you I am not currently sharing. I think a "peak experience" is something that cannot really be explained to someone else. It would be like explaining an orgasm in the technical sense as opposed to experiencing it. Alot gets lost in the translation.
    Well unlike you I do not have a problem articulating my experiences, my reason for not sharing is for another reason, I'll usually get attacked for it.

Articulating how it is a peak experience sounds like a problem for you. I doubt anyone would attack you for this if they truly understood it.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Articulating how it is a peak experience sounds like a problem for you. I doubt anyone would attack you for this if they truly understood it.
    Why don't you quit making excuses and share your experience. Quit wasting my time it's obvious you never heard of this until I made this thread, and now you know everything but you just have trouble explaining it huh?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

also the lack of activity here leads me to believe no one here has had an experience. I should look elsewhere.