• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Personality type, Brain Function, and Perception

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Okay so I want to try and make a correlation between personality types and perception.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q40/fragileskate/000.gif

Some of you have probably seen this before.
All I would like you guys to do is take a look at it, and tell me which direction you see it going, clockwise or anti clockwise. and then state your mbti type. I want to see if there is a pattern.

So far I see it going clockwise 98% of the time, I can percieve the shadow underneath going anticlockwise easily but not the body. My friend is an esfp and he says he see's it going BOTH ways.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Clockwise.

INFJ.

There's no way it could be going counterclockwise.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I first opened the image up, I saw it going Counterclockwise.

INFJ

It then took me about half a minute of concentrated effort to see it going Clockwise instead - and I had to look at the shadow for a bit in order to achieve that.

However, the funny thing is that after having then viewed it Clockwise, I had an impossible time getting it go back to Counterclockwise. Edit: I opened it a few minutes later and it was Clockwise. Very strange that I was initially Counterclockwise, and after training my brain, I cannot see it any longer. I'm actually kind of aggravated at this.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Clockwise.

INTP

I've seen this .gif before and have never seen it going counter-clockwise until you mentioned looking at the shadow, which I saw it then going counter-clockwise for a few rotations before my brain 'corrects' it and makes me think it is going clockwise again.

P

Phantonym

Every time I've seen this image, it's always gone clockwise.

INFJ

EDIT: :shock:

Now it's broken. It's going counterclockwise :huh:

When I stare at the shadow, the body starts to move counterclockwise. Well, would you look at that. Now I can't stop staring at it :laugh: I can play with it and switch movement! The shadow, however, only goes counterclockwise.

Last edited:

VagrantFarce

it's always clockwise at first, but there's a way of changing it's direction by looking at the feet.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see it going counter clockwise... no matter what I do this is going counter clockwise. I don't understand how it could be going clockwise. :laugh:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is weird... now I see it going counterclockwise. :shock:

And I can't get it to go clockwise again. :doh:

EDIT: Now I did. This image makes no sense.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is weird... now I see it going counterclockwise. :shock:

And I can't get it to go clockwise again. :doh:

EDIT: Now I did. This image makes no sense.

I've done something else and randomly went back to this picture 5 times... the image was out of my head. It's always been counter clockwise. INFP

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My friend is an esfp and he says he see's it going BOTH ways.

I just asked one of my INTJ friends and she can see it going both ways as well.

sculpting

Iokay I dont mean to be stupid, but you mean with respect to the flat plane she is standing on correct? Then counterclockwise. I have looked three times.

Let me see if I can forcec the other way

sculpting

Okay now she is going clockwise but I cant get her to switch back again.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I see it clockwise naturally, but I can see it going counter-clockwise when I try as well.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Counter-clockwise INTP

HOLY SHIT IT JUST STARTED GOING CLOCKWISE.

mindfuck.png

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I'm an ENTP.

She's going clockwise, but I can make her go counter-clockwise at will.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I saw counterclockwise first, but then after a minute or so was able to see clockwise too.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Always clockwise for me; cannot see her turn counterclockwise.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
okay so almost everyone can switch it at will? that's weird I have alot of trouble seeing it counterclockwise but I have momentarily seen it before.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
ahh my internet went down didn't get my last post.

Well I was staring at the shadow of the image in counter clockwise motion for a few minutes, then I was getting lost in thought how I do often cuz I'm intj, then I noticed I felt a little happy, then when I looked up at the image it was going counter clockwise clearly. It was really odd but the main thing I noticed is I was using feeling function when I saw it going counter clockwise.

edit: then a few minutes later I looked back and it was going clockwise again.