• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Personality type, Brain Function, and Perception

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Look at the foot that appears to be flat on the ground.
It'll get to the point where you can change its direction at will.
I just say: "left" or "right," and the direction changes.
Weird, ay?

Nope, it's still not working. I must be defective.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's always clockwise for me. I don't think it really means anything about hemispheric dominance, though. It would be tricky to establish that kind of correlation, and I'm doubtful anyone has done it.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
okay so almost everyone can switch it at will? that's weird I have alot of trouble seeing it counterclockwise but I have momentarily seen it before.

Not exactly "at will"; I have to look at something else/move my eyes in a certain way to get my brain to consider it the other way. Sometimes it doesn't work and it can be a little frustrating, but usually within a few minutes I can get my brain to see the other way.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Clockwise - INTP

It took about two seconds to change it to counterclockwise, though. I can change its direction pretty much at will.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah, saw this before. Nifty.

I see it Counterclockwise. ENFP.

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
Clockwise
ISTP

Even with the solution above, I only see her going counterclockwise a few times until it goes the other way.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFP, I see it clockwise. The shadow is broken that way though.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
At first glance very clockwise. After 15 seconds very anti-clockwise.
Guess you could train to alternate perceptional mode at will and quicker after some more time.

ENFP

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Thus damn thing again, I thought. Always clockwise, I thought. That's what I've always seen in the past. And then... shazaam!

If you take yourself to be looking down toward the woman, she goes clockwise; if you're seeing her from below, she goes counter-clockwise.

Eowyn

MBTI Type
ESfP
Enneagram
Clockwise, and it stubbornly remains so. I can get it to go counter-clockwise by staring at the foot and shadow, but then it goes clockwise again.

ESFP

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Counterclockwise. :blush:

Actually, for the longest time, I swore it switched every two seconds. It still does, for me, sometimes. What does that say about me?:blink:

I can make it switch directions in my head at will.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I don't think that the image actually means anything. Was there a scientific study done on this or something?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Counterclockwise. :blush:

Actually, for the longest time, I swore it switched every two seconds. It still does, for me, sometimes. What does that say about me?:blink:

I can make it switch directions in my head at will.

That means you were seeing the truth.

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
This is the one of the most astonishing things I have ever seen. Unbelievable. For the longest time I could not comprehend to the slightest of how any person could interpret that as going counter-clockwise. After staring at it for several minutes (well over 10 minutes), I looked away and looked back and seen counter-clockwise. Seriously amazing.

For anyone who doubts me, I guarantee that you are 100% incorrect to say it only moves in one direction as I now know it moves both clockwise and counter-clockwise, dependent on your perception at the specific period in time.

If I didn't know that this image does not digitally change to another one, while perceiving the image in either clockwise, or counter-clockwise, I would seriously bet everything I own on the direction that I am convinced of seeing at the time. (And I am referring to the girl herself and perhaps more specifically, which direction her outer leg is spinning. The shadow is not relevant.)

I can nearly change it at will now, although sometimes it seems more difficult than other times. However; I cannot actively change them in front of my own eyes, I have to look away first, they won't simply change direction.

I'll tell ya', when I started seeing her go counter clock wise, that was just amazing.

Thanks a lot for this.

INTP

EDIT: I am entirely blown away by this (Been looking at it now for over an hour, changing perception). How is it possible for it me to perceive it as both clock wise and counter clock wise? Each time I look at it, I regularly see it in clock wise motion. I then can look away and slowly use my peripheral vision to change the direction, then I can look at it directly and she is moving in counter clock wise motion. I suppose what is bothering me most about this is that while examining it in either direction.. I would truly bet my life that it is impossible to see it in another direction... Although now I know in my mind that it moves in both directions, clearly just knowing isn't enough. Someone is going to suggest that it's simply an optical illusion, but I need something more than that to satisfy my mind. It's truly like seeing the flip side of a coin.. if I could examine and extrapolate this to how I perceive a lot of aspects of life.. Well, let's just say it could be extremely useful.

EDIT 2: I've got it! I can get that chick spinning both ways on command. Damn that was hard.