User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm scared of loneliness, haven't been single for 7+ years. I love my alone-time, but it can't be fully enjoyed unless I've had my we-time. But I can probably get that from work and friends. Still, I might get a dog, or a parrot.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    I'm scared of loneliness, haven't been single for 7+ years. I love my alone-time, but it can't be fully enjoyed unless I've had my we-time. But I can probably get that from work and friends. Still, I might get a dog, or a parrot.
    Gray parrots are pretty awesome, I heard they're great company.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think i just want a big dog.

wait...does that sound weird? sometimes i can't tell. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

My best strategy atm, to cope with future loneliness, is to not form habits with another person. That way, I won't lose any part of me if I lost him. Well, I would have lost some parts of course, but I won't be reminded of the fact that it used to be us and now it's just me, doing whatever, which could lead to me feeling like I didn't get the complete experience of something just because I'm single, and that would suck. So yeah.

I think dogs might be cuddlier, good source of oxytocin, and I want a pet I can teach things to and do things with. I like to see growth in my relationships! But I've never had a parrot, cause I'm scared of birds, but maybe if I feed it, it won't peck my face at night.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

My best strategy atm, to cope with future loneliness, is to not form habits with another person. That way, I won't lose any part of me if I lost him. Well, I would have lost some parts of course, but I won't be reminded of the fact that it used to be us and now it's just me, doing whatever, which could lead to me feeling like I didn't get the complete experience of something just because I'm singe, and that would suck. So yeah.

I think dogs might be cuddlier, good source of oxytocin, and I want a pet I can teach things to and do things with. I like to see growth in my relationships! But I've never had a parrot, cause I'm scared of birds, but maybe if I feed it, it won't peck my face at night.
    Meh, depends on the parrot, or the animal, even. My cat bites my ear and eats my hair when he's hungry, and I feed him 5 times a day

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah it would suck to have your companion peck your face while you sleep.

and yeah...i had a weimaraner once and he was so big and cool and liked to sleep in my bed..i don't think i like sleeping by myself...ugh wtf is wrong with me. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Cats, birds and fish are evil creatures from another planet disguised as cuddly, cool pets! Kind of like INTPs...

I would consider a turtle though. They are special. And I would forgive it for not being cuddly, if I can watch it eat mashed potatoes for a day. Also, when it would hit 200 years, we could have deep, meaningful monologues about life. And, I probably won't have to watch it die, as it would outlive me.

But that's kind of cute, what your cat does. I just want a pet who's more personable and who communicates in a languages I can try to interpret and pretend to understand.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Cats, birds and fish are evil creatures from another planet disguised as cuddly, cool pets! Kind of like INTPs...

I would consider a turtle though. They are special. And I would forgive it for not being cuddly, if I can watch it eat mashed potatoes for a day. Also, when it would hit 200 years, we could have deep, meaningful monologues about life. And, I probably won't have to watch it die, as it would outlive me.

But that's kind of cute, what your cat does. I just want a pet who's more personable and who communicates in a languages I can try to interpret and pretend to understand.
    Haha my cat is pretty good at communicating, and he has a personality, not like one of those anti-social cats. He's actually a d-bag, he tries to eat my food when I'm eating it, likes to lay by my feet, meows a lot, he acts more like a dog actually. He's so cute

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I'm rarely lonely. I was dumped in my last relationship, which I'm now very, very glad happened as I realize how contempt I was to sit and do nothing for hours on end. Waste. Of. Fucking. Time. For this reason, relationships scare me– not their merits, but what they have the capability of doing to me.

I find Ben Franklin's escapades quite interesting as well because he thinks very similarly to how I do when it comes to being attracted to women. There are some girls I'd love to take out, but they're just not that smart, and we have no intellectual connection, so my interest level is very low, making matters even worse if they're mislead to think I'm interested, when it's simply my body craving... activity.

However, I might try this the next time I end up in a situation like the one above:
    "Barney: So, it's over between me and... Works-with-Carlos girl.
    Ted Mosby: Whoa, that was fast.
    Barney: Yeah. I was trying to think, "What's the quickest way to get rid of a girl you just met?"
    [flashback to about 5 seconds ago]
    Barney: I think I'm in love with you.
    Works-With-Carlos-Girl: What?!?"
    "Poor bastard. Wait 'till he sees the bats. "
    enneagram - 7/5/3

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah it would suck to have your companion peck your face while you sleep.

and yeah...i had a weimaraner once and he was so big and cool and liked to sleep in my bed..i don't think i like sleeping by myself...ugh wtf is wrong with me. :/
    NOTHING.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.