User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    abcd

Default INTJ-ENTP mistyping

I noticed that some people, expecially fictional characters, are typed INTJ by someone and ENTP by others. Doctor House is an example.
    Why in your opinion are the mainly reasons because INTJ/ENTP could be mistyped each others?
    How to spot them really?
    Which are core resemblances? Which core differences?
    Thank you.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Malcontent View Post
    I noticed that some people, expecially fictional characters, are typed INTJ by someone and ENTP by others. Doctor House is an example.
    Why in your opinion are the mainly reasons because INTJ/ENTP could be mistyped each others?
    How to spot them really?
    Which are core resemblances? Which core differences?
    Thank you.
    I think has more to do with people of certain types identifying with characters and then assuming that since they identify with the character they must necessarily be of the same type.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Well I can see how as being an ENTP i've noticed how i can be very INTJ when defensive and hide behind a wall of coolheaded logic like INTJs seem to do naturally. Also when i make plans - yes i'm an ENTP who makes plans - I use Ni mixed with some Ti so I might come across as INTJ.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    xxxx

They're each other's shadow.

INTJ cognitive function order:
    Ni-Te-Fi-Se

ENTP cognitive function order:
    Ne-Ti-Fe-Si

The two are very similar because of their function order. The introverted and extroverted forms of any given function often have a fair deal in common. And, of course, as they are shadows of each other, a person of one type can "become" a negative form of the other, given stress.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    The two are very similar because of their function order. The introverted and extroverted forms of any given function often have a fair deal in common. And, of course, as they are shadows of each other, a person of one type can "become" a negative form of the other, given stress.
    This is very interesting!

MBTI
    INFP

I've actually done this a lot in RL ... I initially typed most of the INTJs I know as either ENTP or INTP. I think this is because Ni-dom can have the same quirkiness (and softness) as Ne-dom/aux? And also because whenever I click with someone, I unconsciously form a bias and automatically think they're NP (which would support what Synarch said about relating to someone ...). I've also typed some ENTPs as NTJ initially because they're really driven and on top of things.

In any case, I'd also be interested in how to tell the difference between a T using Ne and a T using Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Well I can see how as being an ENTP i've noticed how i can be very INTJ when defensive and hide behind a wall of coolheaded logic like INTJs seem to do naturally. Also when i make plans - yes i'm an ENTP who makes plans - I use Ni mixed with some Ti so I might come across as INTJ.

Ni-Te-Fi-Se

Ne-Ti-Fe-Si

I have seen this in real life with certain, very insecure entps. When under massive pressure I would have swore they were the most bitter, unhealthy, weird INTJs ever. But I couldn't "play" with them like I can my more normal INTJs.

Then later in a more relaxed enviornment they went entp crazy and were the life of the party. It was really odd. I have seen two like this.

MBTI
    abcd

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    Then later in a more relaxed enviornment they went entp crazy and were the life of the party. It was really odd. I have seen two like this.
    Sometimes ENTP are odd for me to understand.
    They can be the life of the party (and if they are, it's uncommon to mistype them for intj), but they are also descripted often as the most introvert of extravert...

MBTI
    ENTP

They can be the life of the party (and if they are, it's uncommon to mistype them for intj), but they are also descripted often as the most introvert of extravert...
    I went off for a weekend recently with some friends. The first night I was in a partying mood, joking and laughing and stirring things up. However, the second night I refused to drink and spent most of the time off alone in a corner reading by myself. People kept asking me if something was wrong. Nothing was wrong, I just get freaked out by too much social interaction even though I can appear completely into it. It's weird and makes me feel very awkward.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Ni-Te-Fi-Se

Ne-Ti-Fe-Si

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I went off for a weekend recently with some friends. The first night I was in a partying mood, joking and laughing and stirring things up. However, the second night I refused to drink and spent most of the time off alone in a corner reading by myself. People kept asking me if something was wrong. Nothing was wrong, I just get freaked out by too much social interaction even though I can appear completely into it. It's weird and makes me feel very awkward.
    Yea, I agree, akward too here.

I have no clue aswell how to separate them. I stated for several times in various threads the only type I dont know is INTJ.

The only thing I have come to know so far from experience with someone I would type INTJ is that they are very sly guys. A thing I never really quite managed to be I always managed to somehow blow my cool by talking too much.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]