• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTJ-ENTP mistyping

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I react to true danger in a covert way whenever possible. The best revenge is when the target is left wondering where it came from and you can enjoy it from afar. They know, but they don't know. You know?

Overt challenges are too hard to control and control is critical above all. Too hard to control your degree of anger, too hard to control the outcome.

very true, and very well said.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
So why not just tell him to go fuck off? Why destroy him covertly? (I mean he may have of course deserved it so no judgement, more a question of operational tactics)

Doing it overtly leaves room for justification on the other party's end (I'm obviously in the right, because that guy reacted like such a prick). On the other hand, a covert revenge leads to the other party blaming themselves, realizing what an asshole they are, and consequently leaving no moral superiority on their part.

It's the whole "one-up" thing, which I think is a bit of a misnomer. It's more a sense of "none shall be superior"; with that said, there can be many equals. However, if someone tries to establish dominance or superiority, it's peg knocking time.

sculpting

Am I evil if my first gut response to jeno's post was admiration and respect and a sense of fucking hell ya, you showed his stupid ass and played a good game?

I quickly followed with some Fi guilt.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
I react to true danger in a covert way whenever possible. The best revenge is when the target is left wondering where it came from and you can enjoy it from afar. They know, but they don't know. You know?

Overt challenges are too hard to control and control is critical above all. Too hard to control your degree of anger, too hard to control the outcome.

but whats the point of 'revenge' when the target doesn't know where it came from or for what reason

Qre:us

So why not just tell him to go fuck off? Why destroy him covertly? (I mean he may have of course deserved it so no judgement, more a question of operational tactics)

Well, for me, Fe(w/ Ne+Ti) is all about 'poetic justice'...the pound for pound, blood for blood. And, if it gets to that point where I am actually roused from my sleep of uncaring, to make the effort to care: it's on. Meaning, I have tried warning nicely, which went unheeded more than once. So...time to finish it.

And I love seeing those people destroy themselves (with my unknowing aid, and it's less hands-on, as I can still justify that they 'chose' all step by step moments, themselves, knowing none the better). Hence, covert. I just make sure the situations and reactions (direction of convo) are in such a way as to sway towards a most 'likely' choice they'd make from their end, which, I already know is going to go *splat*.

but whats the point of 'revenge' when the target doesn't know where it came from or for what reason

Less about revenge and more about balancing out the world (willful karma?), and the satisfaction, therein. If I know I'm damn good, and prove it to myself accordingly, that's a pretty good motivation, in and of itself.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

That's the beauty. When the target has nothing to blame for their recent demise and disastrous circumstances, the "not knowing" is more psychologically demoralizing because it allows for internal fears to crop up as the mind searches for answers. Feeling like the Universe is against you is far more demoralizing than [insert name here] is against you.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
That's the beauty. When the target has nothing to blame for their recent demise and disastrous circumstances, the "not knowing" is more psychologically demoralizing because it allows for internal fears to crop up as the mind searches for answers. Feeling like the Universe is against you is far more demoralizing than [insert name here] is against you.

And then the beautiful moment comes - when that person realizes how utterly depraved they themselves are, and finally can be dealt with on an equal level. It's not the insult that's the issue (we really don't get that worked up over comments, "sticks and stones" is fairly true), but the supercilious attitude that usually buttresses these comments.

At that point, once the person's like "oh crap, maybe I'm not that much better than anyone else", then it's easy to say "you're right, but you recognize it now. you're forgiven for being a haughty jerk before. i'm sorry for saying whatever it was that offended you."

Collegiality, isn't it beautiful?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
hahahahaha!

Us ENTPs really can very cruel. And I can't help but admire how good they (possibly we) are at it!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Cruelness is nothing you should admire, it will help you shit when it comes to the point you need guns !

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
hahahahaha!

Us ENTPs really can very cruel. And I can't help but admire how good they (possibly we) are at it!

i wont go as far as to call it cruel...in the end its all about justice, or thats what i tell myself

if we are screwing around with someone for sheer amusement, rest assured, that person will NOT feel any less friendly towards us than when we started poking them

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I get the feeling, I am tho asking myself more and more, who am I to judge

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes, that's right. I don't waste my time on revenge or anger or grudges unless something terrible has been done to someone I care about. And then justice must be served, swiftly and severely. But these instances are few and far between. I prefer to use my power for good - or actually, for apathy.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
yea its the axis of evil that will bring doom to all good people in the end

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
A good character that fits this category is Samir Duran in Starcraft. I don't know if he is an intj or entp.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Cruelness is nothing you should admire, it will help you shit when it comes to the point you need guns !

Its not the cruelness I admire. Just how smart ENTPs are with it.

sculpting

i wont go as far as to call it cruel...in the end its all about justice, or thats what i tell myself

On the surface and looks cruel, a little sneaky, and well fucking cold. However it really seems like a very effective social tool to counter Te dominance. Te is an offensive weapon that comes down like a hammer. You can't beat Te head to head. Think of Te as more of a masculine full frontal attack.

It's the whole "one-up" thing, which I think is a bit of a misnomer. It's more a sense of "none shall be superior"; with that said, there can be many equals. However, if someone tries to establish dominance or superiority, it's peg knocking time.

Less about revenge and more about balancing out the world (willful karma?), and the satisfaction, therein. If I know I'm damn good, and prove it to myself accordingly, that's a pretty good motivation, in and of itself.

They know, but they can't prove it.

From the way you guys are describing Fe, it is much more like the stereotypical feminine approach that gets called-well-backstabbing? That term doesnt sound great, however as a tool to combat Te it is a beautiful solution. Typically women do not fight via head to head domination but much more subtle social games/ploys. In the past this always bugged me but seeing it from the angle in which you guys are using it, it is a beautiful evolutionarily derived tool to prevent total domination of a group by a heavy handed Te dom.

And the "none shall be superior" ??? That will give me social evolutionary theoery orgasms foir weeks to come....

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Did you guys just brag yourselves into never having an honest relationship?

Coz, you can trust an ENTP because... wait, you can't, because you don't know when you've been done, you could be being done right now, they're so super stealthy.

I suppose the test is, if you feel consistently screwed over by everyone but the ENTP, then get away from the ENTP.

Or just, y'know, stay away from ENTPs.

If you can help it. They're so super stealthy.

sculpting

I cant stay away from the entps. They are like flies on shit when an enfp like creature walks in the room.

no silly, you trust the entp when the look you dead in the eye and say, thats a stupid idea. When they are not smiling or laughing. When they are thinking. That's when you can trust them. Then you know they are honest.

Enjoy the Fe, play with it, dance with it, let your self get seduced by it, however be aware. When they have that wily glint and that sweet, seductive smile, just be aware.

(Me and jeno are getting married in boston cause I cant decide if I am a guy or a girl)

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
On the surface and looks cruel, a little sneaky, and well fucking cold. However it really seems like a very effective social tool to counter Te dominance. Te is an offensive weapon that comes down like a hammer. You can't beat Te head to head. Think of Te as more of a masculine full frontal attack.

Fe disarming Te....that makes sooo much sense looking back at some of my past interactions with people