User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    ENTPs feel equally rejected if they open up, offer an idea to someone they find worthy and it is dismissed without consideration. It feels like rejection as well-however what do you guys slap back with? Fe? Do you charm/insult them to death? Doesn't seem so effective. Maybe this could trigger the psuedoINTJ to come out?

depends on the person...if i think they are worthy to locks horns with or not

i can be fairly fairly passive aggressive in the sense that im gonna keep doing whatever i do leaving them to react however they will...usually throws NFs into a whirlwind and way off base...but takes a while to accomplish

INTJ usually comes out when i tell myself that i need to sit my ass down and finish this project or sometimes when people mistake Fe for flattery and need Te directness

the above does NOT cover romantic relationships...completely different in those sits

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

You guys are adorable. There is merit in honesty. and variety
    Much appreciated. I try.

Re: that conversation with jeno in the same post -

Yeah, I think you're right about the difference in emotions and ideas being the key triggers for that response. I think you're right about Fe being the primary retaliator in those situations; the sequence tends to be something like "oh my god, people are going to think I'm a moron. you've got to retaliate to defend your position, and do it smoothly", which seems to be a Ti-Fe tag team there, usually leading to a sarcastic remark about a weak point (thank you Ne) to reduce the person's social standing, though often I'll say nothing at all, then badmouth him behind his back (because direct confrontation would just lead to scorched earth tactics - and that's bad for everyone).

I think the key distinction is in your phrase - "fuck them, I'll prove them wrong". I find that the operating theme for me and perhaps for ENTPs in general is "how dare that asshole... he's going down". One's on a more operative level, the other on a more personal level.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Much appreciated. I try.

Yeah, I think you're right about the difference in emotions and ideas being the key triggers for that response. I think you're right about Fe being the primary retaliator in those situations; the sequence tends to be something like "oh my god, people are going to think I'm a moron. you've got to retaliate to defend your position, and do it smoothly", which seems to be a Ti-Fe tag team there, usually leading to a sarcastic remark about a weak point (thank you Ne) to reduce the person's social standing, though often I'll say nothing at all, then badmouth him behind his back (because direct confrontation would just lead to scorched earth tactics - and that's bad for everyone).

I think the key distinction is in your phrase - "fuck them, I'll prove them wrong". I find that the operating theme for me and perhaps for ENTPs in general is "how dare that asshole... he's going down". One's on a more operative level, the other on a more personal level.
    That's funny. My ENTP and I tag team the groups on the projects we are leading at work. We will both become very frustrated at push back or laziness. I will turn up Te to drive people and inspire them. They quickly go into retreat and run to her, thinking "she is so motherly and calm". She is actually using Fe to plot thier downfall. She then traps them in all of the systems they helped create and gives them no option but to move forward.

It took us awhile to figure this out and I would get so mad at her for being so "nice", when I was so upset. I cant see through the Fe facade.

It took us awhile to figure this out and I would get so mad at her for being so "nice", when I was so upset. I cant see through the Fe facade.
    Actually if I may quote myself...

This has been a point really bugging me as of late with you guys-entps.

When an ESTP uses tertiary Fe, I can "feel" it. I can tell when they are playing me, when they are really trying to be nice or when they truley feel some level of short term emo connectivity. My brain sees it, perceives it, and has all the proper "warning tags" associated with it to let me know it isn't Fi in any way. Enjoy it but understand it for what it is. It's just play. I could sleep with one of these guys ands walk away with no confusion. It is very easy to catagorize.

I dont know why, but with ENTPs I can't "feel" the difference. I can sort of feel when I am getting played or manipulated, but it has to be really overt with you guys. I also take your overtures of friendship at face value.

In the past month i have gotten burned several times by different entps-not so much by the results of the interaction-but just by being in awe that I couldnt recoginize they were not sincere. Even with my best friend above. I couldnt see the insincerity. She had to actually explain she wasnt being nice, as to me it looked perfectly nice.

Am I missing a piece of brain? Are there signs to watch out for that I havent been paying attention to? I am sort of lacking Fe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Actually if I may quote myself...

This has been a point really bugging me as of late with you guys-entps.

When an ESTP uses tertiary Fe, I can "feel" it. I can tell when they are playing me, when they are really trying to be nice or when they truley feel some level of short term emo connectivity. My brain sees it, perceives it, and has all the proper "warning tags" associated with it to let me know it isn't Fi in any way. Enjoy it but understand it for what it is. It's just play. I could sleep with one of these guys ands walk away with no confusion. It is very easy to catagorize.

I dont know why, but with ENTPs I can't "feel" the difference. I can sort of feel when I am getting played or manipulated, but it has to be really overt with you guys. I also take your overtures of friendship at face value.

In the past month i have gotten burned several times by different entps-not so much by the results of the interaction-but just by being in awe that I couldnt recoginize they were not sincere. Even with my best friend above. I couldnt see the insincerity. She had to actually explain she wasnt being nice, as to me it looked perfectly nice.

Am I missing a piece of brain? Are there signs to watch out for that I havent been paying attention to? I am sort of lacking Fe.

I'm not sure what answer to give. What's the difference between nice and "nice"?

MBTI
    entp

maybe everything you cant figure, you label as ENTP? or everything ENTP is satan with a halo hiding his face?

OR

you can't pick up on it because it appeals to your N? would make sense to me...i can relate to what you said about being able to see right through the fluff with certain types...my INTP and ENTJ buddies are the only people who can tell when im being sincere but with an agenda...even the INTP has that confused look on his face sometimes

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Much appreciated. I try.

My Fe payback is all about manipulation and assassination, I won't waste my time arguing with someone. It's like playing chess.

My ESTJ friend and I met these guys who were fun at first, but turned creepy. One guy got too weird and creepy for my taste and for some reason, I got less assertive and more introverted around him. I used Fe to give him a chance to "get the hint" without directly offending him. Well, he didn't get the hint and pushed even further and greatly offended us. I then used my Fe to smile sweetly in his face while plotting the most elaborate payback scheme known to man in order to burn his stupid ass to the ground. I didn't lie or steal - but I knew his weak spots and took advantage of every situation that presented itself. By the end of the day, his whole community had shunned him and he was a broken mess, but he never knew that it was my doing. The worst part is that the ESTJ had no idea that this was a huge manipulation scheme, either. She saw what I allowed her to see and I left the final piece laying out in the open, waiting for her to pick it up. Which she did, and she was entirely convinced that it was her own idea. To this day, she still laughs about how clever she was, and I laugh along with her. I can be really sick sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    My Fe payback is all about manipulation and assassination, I won't waste my time arguing with someone. It's like playing chess.

My ESTJ friend and I met these guys who were fun at first, but turned creepy. One guy got too weird and creepy for my taste and for some reason, I got less assertive and more introverted around him. I used Fe to give him a chance to "get the hint" without directly offending him. Well, he didn't get the hint and pushed even further and greatly offended us. I then used my Fe to smile sweetly in his face while plotting the most elaborate payback scheme known to man in order to burn his stupid ass to the ground. I didn't lie or steal - but I knew his weak spots and took advantage of every situation that presented itself. By the end of the day, his whole community had shunned him and he was a broken mess, but he never knew that it was my doing. The worst part is that the ESTJ had no idea that this was a huge manipulation scheme, either. She saw what I allowed her to see and I left the final piece laying out in the open, waiting for her to pick it up. Which she did, and she was entirely convinced that it was her own idea. To this day, she still laughs about how clever she was, and I laugh along with her. I can be really sick sometimes.
    So why not just tell him to go fuck off? Why destroy him covertly? (I mean he may have of course deserved it so no judgement, more a question of operational tactics)

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

So why not just tell him to go fuck off? Why destroy him covertly? (I mean he may have of course deserved it so no judgement, more a question of operational tactics)
    I can't explain it. I tell someone to fuck off if I was offended personally. But if someone does something to someone I care about, it's on. It happened to us, not just to me. At that point, he must suffer and she must feel empowered, hence the manipulation of both parties.

MBTI
    ENTP

Maybe they're not disingenuous. The best way to lie is to convince yourself of whatever you want someone else to believe. But, then it ceases to become a lie and becomes more of a willed disillusion. The ENTP reality distortion field. Usually, it's used for good, but I can see it being used for bad, especially if judged in retrospect.

Also, maybe you haven't considered that feelings can change very quickly and capriciously and some people can move on very quickly.

I react to true danger in a covert way whenever possible. The best revenge is when the target is left wondering where it came from and you can enjoy it from afar. They know, but they don't know. You know?

Overt challenges are too hard to control and control is critical above all. Too hard to control your degree of anger, too hard to control the outcome.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."