User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    TNT

Default ENTJs, risk, danger and thrill

Do those three things turn you on?

I love risk, danger and thrill. I get almost sexually turned on by it, especially when the possible gains are high. The thought that uncertainty and danger awaits me tomorrow makes my whole day more interesting. It turns my stomach upside down but it's still better than a normal day when I'm bored. My brain goes into overdrive in those situations, it works 110% and simulates and plans all the possible outcomes and worst case scenarios. I feel like I have an advantage in crisis situations.

I do have to have some control over a situation though, but it doesn't have to be complete, I like walking on the edge. I also like security but sometimes life just bores me and I want some thrill.

Do other ENTJs feel like this?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yes, BUT, I dont think it's the kind of risk/thrill you're talking about. I am not into physical thrills - you couldn't pay me to skydive, bungee jump etc., I couldn't be less interested in that kind of activity. But emotional/psychological risk-taking? Yes. Very much. I get a charge out of it.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes to all three.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

I thought my ENTJ boyfriend was an ISTP for awhile, and this is one of the reasons. He loves thrills and risks, and sometimes I wonder if he is afraid of anything.

Proof--him on the same cliff overhang that we're standing on in my profile picture.

I like adventure to an extent, but this picture makes my stomach drop every time I look at it. I'm so afraid he's going to fall off...even though he didn't!
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

My best friend is an ENTJ, and she cannot stop herself from taking a calculated risk. I've seen her plunge into some high risk situations because she's weighed everything out, and she thinks she can come out the other side victorious, which doesn't always work that way. But it's like a built in response with her, to challenge people, and her environment. She reminds me of a dog testing an electric fence for a weak spot. She'll find it, and then she'll be on the rampage.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yes, exactly in the way you talked about it. In a way, I find it scary, but in an exciting way. I love to ride downhill in unexplored paths, and I love to climb mountains and be able to pass an apparently dangerous situation. Then, I will think about myself as being crazy, because I could have easily been dead, but in the moment I love it. (I don't challenge people, though)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    My best friend is an ENTJ, and she cannot stop herself from taking a calculated risk. I've seen her plunge into some high risk situations because she's weighed everything out, and she thinks she can come out the other side victorious, which doesn't always work that way. But it's like a built in response with her, to challenge people, and her environment. She reminds me of a dog testing an electric fence for a weak spot. She'll find it, and then she'll be on the rampage.
    This.

I feel that I treat almost every aspect of my life like this. Although, sometimes people don't like being treated like an electric fence. The thing is, if I know that the object of my attention has a tangible benefit to me, and there is an outside chance I might be able to obtain that benefit, my heat seeking missile instinct drives me to address the issue until it is taken care of and I have gotten what I wanted.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    So, pursuing types have targets that they very pro-actively pursue. It could be that they seek pleasure, or they aim to pre-emptively tackle problems, the actual target of their pursuits is determined by other variable. They are impatient, impetuous people. They also tend to over-estimate the benefit end of cost-benefit analyses, which is one of the things that make them aggressive. They expect to profit from adventures. These types are 3, 7, and 8.
    We weigh the benefit over the cost.

Since ENTJs consider everything a means to another means there's no reason to not take risks. I actually wonder if it's possible for us to experience the feeling of risk as deeply as other types do.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Yeah, I have thrill issues. Death doesn't really frighten me, and I always feel capable of handling bad situations because I have in the past. I like challenges. When I was a kid I'd walk in the woods behind my house at night just to see how far I'd get. I like mastering that sinking feeling in my stomach. I think you get power from those kinds of experiences. It's like, if you're certain in yourself, you could take on God himself. I'm at my best when I'm like that. The things that frighten me most are in my own head.

MBTI
    XNTJ

Or intellectual risks...I almost thrive on it when someone says something is too
    challenging for me to do. I'll do it with or without someone cheering me on, lea-
    ve audience to the stage I guess.