User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Why does Hitler look like Joe Dirt?
    They are one and the same.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by truth View Post
    :steam: I think people sometimes find me intimidating. I think most people can feel when you are not open to flatery and such. It can be very upsetting to some when they can not either gain access to me or impress me with antics, staus or small talk. It appearsto be some game they want me to play along with and I am not willing. This in turn makes them label me as cold or intimidating.
    People do have expectations of pleasantries that can be disconcerting to INTJ's. What's interesting is that they often have people's best interests in mind, but are thought of as being cold or intimidating simply because they don't present their message in a way that people expect. And there are people who are much more selfish who manage to convince people that what they want is right simply because they say it in the right way.

Sorry to bump this. Couldn't help myself.

Who intimidates you more: INTJs or ENTJs? I think they're the two most stereotypically "intimidating" types, but in entirely different ways. ENTJs are so overtly (although not always intentionally) intimidating, and INTJs disarm you with their incredulous stares and aloofness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Im not sure if its an ENFP thing but ive never personally been intimidated by either types, but this probably comes from the fact that one of my best friends is an INTJ and if he was still in America an ENTJ as well. Both of which ive known for years, they both have a sense of confidence in themselves that can be disarming at times but never intimidating.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

Are you guys serious? INTJ's look just like any other human to me.

Maybe the few INTJ's I know are just non intimidating.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I fear ESFJs and ISTJs the most, in situations where they have established authority (Supervisors, police officers, etc.). I'm sure that's because I'm INTP, and I can relate to INTJs and ENTJs more easily.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't think either of these types are particularly intimidating - they wear their Achilles heel of social insecurity and ineptitude like a KICK ME sign on their backs, so plainly that it's just begging to be exploited.

I've been told ENTP's can be intimidating though at times, because we're better at handling rapid fire, live situations and turning them to our advantage, and so are more likely to say what we think than the INTJ who just scathes quietly to himself, not daring to say anything out loud cos he can't predict or handle the responses from others. My INTJ in particular has confessed to me that initially this was the reason he was anxious to have me think good things of him!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

INTJ intimidation as a phenomenon can be broken down into three main parts: features of INTJ intimidation, causes of INTJ intimidation, and implications of INTJ intimidation.

Features of INTJ Intimidation...

In a broad sense, we can say that a person is intimidating just in case their demeanor invokes timidity in others. For INTJs this is especially the case for several reasons. The first reason has to do with appearance. Let's talk about eyes. INTJs have piercing eyes and I have written extensively on this--enough to publish a small book. It is so bad that over the years I've instinctively habitualized myself to avoid eye contact, opting instead for periodic glances when I am in a discussion with someone in close quarters. Even my ex-girlfriend, whom I was with for several years, would tell me not to look at her if I stared at her for too long (she'd think I was examining her face). As it stands, there are only two cases where I will look at someone in the eyes for an extended period of time: when I am extremely comfortable and passionate toward the person and when I am confronting someone. An example of the latter case could be me trying to take back an item at a store in which case I look in their eyes with a serious and piercing look without a blink and speak with focus and precision--and often hints of anger and intensity to deliver all the points I want to cover to get the product taken back. Setting eyes aside, another feature of INTJ intimidation is our confidence. I can't speak for others but I myself have an encyclopedic mind--I can read an article or listen to an argument and soak it up like a sponge and reiterate all the main points either word for word or in my own words. This confidence in our own abilities, especially with complex concepts or other tasks that ordinary people find highly demanding yet we do with ease, is also a source of intimidation. Still more, anyone who has ever seen the feathers of an INTJ get ruffled knows it is not a pretty site. As rationals we are very capable of intellectualizing and picking out flaws in arguments, while as INTJs we are very capable building an entire system on the spot to destroy someone if provoked. This sense of omnipotence affords INTJs an enourmous amount of power, which can be further channeled to power within and/or power over others. Furthermore, INTJs lack social delicacy quite often. On the contrary, we can be crude, rude, insensitive, cutting, and cynical. The perception of others in response to our critical approach may invoke a sense of vulnerability in others causing them to be timid. Finally, anyone who has seen even remnants of our strength play out knows how capable we are--INTJs are extraordinarily capable people when necessity demands it. Sure, we don't like the spotlight but once we're up there in front of everyone we will shine.

Causes of INTJ Intimidation...

While the features of INTJ intimidation are relatively straightforward in so far as a descriptive analysis is sufficient, finding out the underlying causes is much more analytical in nature and more prone to controversy. One of the great limitations of MB-theory is it lacks the theoretical capacity for explaining causation and is instead purely descriptive. None the less, based on my understanding of MB-theory coupled with my own personal experiences and observations I can speculate on some of the causes. First, intimidation is a complex phenomena and doesn't have a monocausal explanation. Instead, various underlying factors converge to form the outcome (INTJ intimidation). Among these factors, some exist within the INTJ themselves and others are a reflection of the perception of other people. For example, certain types will be more likely to find INTJs more intimidating than others. I'd imagine virtually all of the other I-types (with the exception of INTPs) would have a higher likelihood of finding INTJs intimidating. INTJs are intimidating as it is but relative to some of the quiter I-types they will appear even more so. This can be further applied systmatically to see how MB-theory can explain causes of INTJ intimidation. Another important factor influncing INTJ intimidation is context. At a party, with a bunch of Es, an INTJ might not be as intimidating as compared to being in a lecture room with 400 people and putting their hand up and raising a complex yet perfectly stated point which causes the prof to be thwarted. The point is that certain environments will work more or less to intensify or deintensify an INTJ's level of intimidation.

Implications of INTJ Intimidation...

The implications of INTJ intimidation can essentially be broken down into two compartments: implications for INTJs and implications for non-INTJs. For INTJs, whether or not INTJ intimidation from out perspective is a bad thing is not for me to say but for you to decide. It is definately arguable and brings with it pros and cons, although I would argue mostly pros. However, some of you may want to deintensify the features of INTJ intimidation. For those of you who fall in this camp I recommend watching more comedies and learning to laugh at yourself and not take yourself so seriously. One must remember that the perception of perfection is a source for timidity in others and thus by seeming less perfect it make social life easier. For those of you who have tasted the strength of INTJ intimidation, and do not wish to change, you can futher harden your capacity to intimidate by intensifying some of the features that are already a source for intimidation; learn and master a new skill or system; read Sun Tsu's Art of War and/or Machiavelli's The Prince and/or Von Clausewitz's On War. For non-INTJs, I will make one strong point which I think is a good piece of advice. (Though it should be noted that an INTJ giving advice on how other types should respond to an INTJ feature will inevitably be slanted advice--none the less I judge it to be good advice). No matter how bad things get and no matter how small or timid you feel at a given time, speak up. Nothing is worse than someone not speaking with confidence. It is an understandable defense mechanism, like a worm which, when stepped on, shrivles up thereby reducing the chances of being stepped on again. It is natural for the timidity caused by INTJ intimidation to lead to a contraction of confidence. But when this timidity translates to feeble, feckless, and depraved behavior you will get nowhere with an INTJ so speak up, don't mutter things under your breath, and you might have a better run of things.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You guys have that piercing look about you. You're immediately taxing someone without showing anything about yourself. I usually find it intriguing, coz I wanna know what you're hiding, but it can be quite intimidating, especially if you don't say anything, which, since you're introverts, you usually don't :P It's like...did I do something wrong? Does he expect something from me? Why doesn't he say so? Did I miss something? You usually do not give away in your expression what you are thinking/feeling when looking at the other person. It can be good, but since you're keeping it to yourself, most conclude it must be bad :P

It causes insecurity *grin* And not everyone knows how to handle that feeling. Oh and btw, being observed for a long time by an INTJ is like being watched by Big Brother :P
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP

They're usually thinking something like "that's a pile of crap you're talking, I so want to tell you, but sadly I don't have the social or communication skills to get away with it, all that'll happen is I'll look like an asshole and everyone will rally round you, damn, I wish I had your ability to make people like you!"
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen