User Tag List

First 162425262728 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Figmentum View Post
    My girlfriend just described it as the, "I don't give a shit, the world can burn" eyes
    That's kind of weird. I remember that once when I was in a new school and didn't know anyone (never did because they seemed strange and untrustworthy), and I tended to walk straight from one class to another, I was once told that I "seemed to look/walk through people as if they didn't exist."

It might also be noteworthy that when I think about people I strongly dislike, I like thinking about the borrow-wight's song/incantation.

Anyway, I don't really find INTJ's that intimidating. I find them sort of blunt (in kind of an amusing/weird way, actually), and occasionally odd in their behavior, but that's really it. I've noticed more than a few other people find them intimidating, though. More often, they just seem very confused and frustrated by people not understanding them or their interests, and also seem to be occasionally oblivious to other people's reactions to them.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    You seem awfully certain that Blackwater is armchair theorizing and/or has mistyped the people he writes about - sure you're a P?
    And of course, there it is again. This idea that percieving types aren't capable of having strong opinions. As one of the leading Jungians has said himself, dominant introverted feeling types are some of the most judgemental people he's ever encountered. Now I'd be auxiliary introverted feeling, but I believe that still applies.

What I don't appreciate is that the way that some people use type can create problems that weren't there in the first place. People identify problems that have nothing to do with the actuall recurring issues in their life that they could serve themselves better to deal with instead.

What annoyed me about the post is it didn't capture anything (nessecarily) about a personality pattern. It was a comment about a behavior, with it implied that it's somehow intrinsic to a certian personality

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    And of course, there it is again. This idea that percieving types aren't capable of having strong opinions.
    Gabe, I know that Ps in general and ENFPs in particular are capable of having strong opinions. (With 1000+ posts on this board I'd have to be pretty dense not to know. ) I was trying to humorously play off the stereotype in an attempt to make you reconsider your assumption.

That said, Blackwater's style has gotten a rise out of people in the past and my attempt at damage control then was futile. Apparently I haven't learned better reconciliation skills since then, so I'll just bow out now.

MBTI
    ENTP

Well, I thought you were being serious. and I was probably taking myself too seriously. :rolli:
    It's Okay!

Sorry for resurrecting a zombie thread.... but this had to be posted about the INTJ glare..
    YouTube - Hitler death stare

MBTI
    istp

I don't know, I don't really find INTJ intimidating. I think I usually see them as people who want to seem intimidating and smarter than everyone, though, if anything it makes them seem less imposing.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think if I take myself too seriously or act too serious then I become intimidating, but otherwise I'm alright.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

MBTI
    IXTJ

I am almost always giving dead looks at anything or anyone unenthusiastically or unimpressed. It really scares my Feeling-Perceiving and Thinking-Perceiving friend.
    Last edited by NightSymphony; 01-21-2008 at 04:26 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Intimidating

:steam: I think people sometimes find me intimidating. I think most people can feel when you are not open to flatery and such. It can be very upsetting to some when they can not either gain access to me or impress me with antics, staus or small talk. It appearsto be some game they want me to play along with and I am not willing. This in turn makes them label me as cold or intimidating.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Smacknrat View Post
    Sorry for resurrecting a zombie thread.... but this had to be posted about the INTJ glare..
    YouTube - Hitler death stare
    Why does Hitler look like Joe Dirt?