User Tag List

First 152324252627 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't find INTJ's intimidating. Confusing sometimes, but not intimidating.

Now, INFJ's - whole other matter. They have this way of looking at you, where they don't say a word, but you know that they think you're a total waste of space, and when they get it in their head that they disapprove of you, absolutely NOTHING you can do can ever please them.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    My INTJ brother-in-law has these scary angry explosions.

He's quite a bit younger than my wife or the other brother. So my mother-in-law (ESFJ) has kind of controlled him. I tried to get him to go away to college, but he stayed at home and commuted to school (he finally got his own apartment).
    This is exactly how I am currently...I had a rather sheltered and over-protective childhood, and I've been going to the same community college for the last 5 years (long story). But yeah, I always take the bus there. With my limited contacts, I can't go much of anywhere beyond my routine (although I'd like to).

I think this is also the source of my angry tantrums.

When I was employed, I think I almost gave a person a heart attack when I told her to stop doing something that was annoying me. Generally, people have found me likable and reasonably laid back, but once they got on my bad side, I guess the expression of my inner rage surprised them. I figure the best way to avoid such situations is to be unfriendly, then people will think twice before pissing me off.

MBTI
    TiSe

I get similar results when I enter a room or approach my co-workers and family members. They have this need to stand at attention, the discussions change and become more seriously and I rarely get approached unless it's work related and how to handle a problem. The staff does comment on my reluctance and refusal to eat lunch and have informal discussions with them. I don't see the need or desire to get to know them at a personal level.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well my late and lamented ENTJ spouse had a good name for "the eyes" thing.

He called it the "entomologist" . "Oh, you are looking at me like that again. Your are trying to identify and categorise the insect in question before you douse it with meths and pin it down."

He really did like the way I could logically curb his enthusiasm for some of his enthusiastically held but flawed strategies.

After that I sort of worked out why other people thought I was "looking at them funny".

Now I work/study in an artistic domain (as opposed to technical) I have managed to moderate my demeanor and approach - but only when I want to strengthen a connection with somebody. I'm selective.

MBTI
    ENTP

Intimidating. Maybe through thier use of extraverted thinking, but really, people aren't just made out of that.
    I was once talking with an INTJ in high school about how I thought a BC calculus class should be split into calculus I and II, so that the calc. two material could have its own term, instead of trying to shove both classes into one trimester (which is what the school was doing at the time). He said it sounded like a bad idea because the class would be too slow for him. All I had to do was snort and glare and he tried to back-peddle.
    Anyway. Thinking types want thier feeling validated also- niether function is inherently more powerful or convincing.
    I have found some people intimidating, but rarely theorists.

MBTI
    INTJ

My girlfriend just described it as the, "I don't give a shit, the world can burn" eyes
    What better way to rid the world of all the walking waste? - Nothingface

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Figmentum View Post
    My girlfriend just described it as the, "I don't give a shit, the world can burn" eyes
    Such a characteristic isn't necessarily a composite element of the INTJ. It's more of a physical expression intimate to the user.

It also sounds like a refined personal strategy crafted to reduce insecurity.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    INTJs tend to "go off" on some spree of their own aligning all kinds of factors (Te) to fit with some end that they conjured up (Ni) and do so with a certitude that usually makes others think: "hmm, if they are so sure about it there must be something to it."

alternatively, if you cross an INTJ they might do the same, only in an antagonistic manner. you say "1" and they'll run through the entire numerial sequence, comming back at you accusing you of having said "64763252". This all seems logical and they come off so strongly that only people who know them very well or are equally fanatical in their judgments dare stand up to them. robespierre was probably an INTJ.

---

of all the types, INTJs are probably the type to treasure the MBTI the most. i was relieved to find out that i was an entp but it was nowhere near the excitement of some INTJs i've seen on and offline. sometimes i think that the whole myers briggs thing is merely a theater to the INTJs where they revel in the fact that they have been casted for the best part.

and as such, the only types are chiefly valuable because they confirm the validity of the play.
    Well, No. This all started because people like Kiersey give the INTJ discription mythical proportions. And it happens to go well with people's high-school-stereotype sense of personality.
    I've known several people who try to play an "arrogant but competent" stereotype. First of all, this is an overused caricature. Also, only some (maybe even few) of these people are INTJs. Finally (and most importantly) most people who do this are very insecure. Anyone (and I am 100 percent sure about this) wants both thier thinking and feeling validated, and no one is truly left unhurt by words.
    In fact, John Beebe once remarked that "thinking types get thier feelings hurt. Feeling types get they're thinkings hurt".
    Anyway. It should also be remembered that the whole caricature started by recognizing that theorists value competence. That doesn't mean that they won't look any less incompetent than other people if they're put in a task/position not suited to thier skill set.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm sorry Night, I forgot to give you credit for being the first to point out the insecurity part. good point, man!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Well, No. This all started because people like Kiersey give the INTJ discription mythical proportions. And it happens to go well with people's high-school-stereotype sense of personality.
    I've known several people who try to play an "arrogant but competent" stereotype. First of all, this is an overused caricature. Also, only some (maybe even few) of these people are INTJs.
    You seem awfully certain that Blackwater is armchair theorizing and/or has mistyped the people he writes about - sure you're a P?