First 142223242526 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I always had a problem with throwing things around and so forth...but I'm usually conscious of not breaking things that are too expensive and valued, like my computer, for instance (although I have smashed my keyboard more than once).

But yes, I love to throw things around when I'm pissed off. I also love to yell at people. Although I'm normally not around people, so I usually pretend I'm yelling at someone by yelling into the air.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    INTJs do typically have a cross over of traits - stuff like lack of remorse, taking what they want - relative to the general population. I don't find it unusual that most people think of INTJs as sociopaths, even in jest. Most I-T- tend to have those traits, however...
    LOL, FYI, the conversation wasn't in relation to me (or him) <snort> Or maybe it was - my major was Sociology / Criminology.

But I do take a bit of an exception to the term being used in connection with personality theories
    Ditto.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    LOL, FYI, the conversation wasn't in relation to me (or him) <snort> Or maybe it was - my major was Sociology / Criminology.

Ditto.
    Ew. I was a criminal justice major for like one semester before I realized that I wanted nothing to do with memorizing court cases and their respective precedents.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Nah, it wasn't like that, it had a sociological bent, i.e, focussed on deviant behaviour.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ

Damn, that would have been so much more interesting. Good thing I go to a small school (roughly the same size as my high school was, in fact).
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

The whole thing just irritates me. Unless you go by a pretty fixed instrument, like the DSM, I think no one has any clue what is meant by sociopath/psychopath.
    But I do take a bit of an exception to the term being used in connection with personality theories
    I do not think that INTJs are sociopaths. Or even similar to sociopaths. Nor am I saying that I think he's a sociopath, I'm saying that a professional psychologist thought he had sociopathic tendencies.
    I'm not an expert in the least about psychology. His mom told me he'd tested with sociopathic tendencies one of the times he was court ordered to get some kind of mental help. This was in 1998 when he and I were both 18, that she told me this. I do not know if he was tested the same year or earlier, and how that might affect results.
    I didn't mean to say that INTJs are sociopaths or exhibit sociopathic behavior. So if that's how you interpreted it you misunderstood me. I was talking about the behavior of a specific person that I *think* may be an INTJ for reasons unrelated to the sociopathic bit and *also* happens to have tested with these tendencies according to his mom.
    I don't pretend to draw a correlation between the two, other than to suggest that this may be the reason for possible non-typical INTJ behavior under certain circumstances.
    I don't consider any of the other two INTJs I know personally in real life (three if you include me) to exhibit anything in the least bit sociopathic in their behavior... nor do I personally claim to understand MBTI (which I'm pretty new to) or psychology (which I know very little about) well enough to draw connections between types and any kind of psychological diagnosis.
    It comes from the lack of responsibility and lack of remorse, but at the same time also has high reactivity, high agressiveness and low impulse control.
    This is actually the behavior I was talking about.

Either I'm having difficulty making myself clear in posts or people are just skimming them
    I'm completely willing to believe the problem is the former and I apologize profusely

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I always thought sociopath meant you know it's wrong but do it anyway and psychopath means you don't have the capacity to know it's wrong.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GirlAmerica

When I read about Schizoid behavior, it kind of scared me....because I identified so much with parts of it (for the most part, except having only 1st degree relative relationships and lack of sexual interest with another person).
    Then I realized any mental illness type behavior is really just behavior (and of course behavior can be very specific to type) magnified to a very unhealthy/sick state of being.

So, I accepted that when I am completely emotionally over-stimulated....I can become much like the definition of Schizoid type behavior.....

PTypes - Correspondence of PTypes, Keirsey, Enneagram, Psychiatric, and Astrological Types

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

My INTJ brother-in-law has these scary angry explosions.

He's quite a bit younger than my wife or the other brother. So my mother-in-law (ESFJ) has kind of controlled him. I tried to get him to go away to college, but he stayed at home and commuted to school (he finally got his own apartment).

Anyway, my wife thinks he has these explosions as a way of asserting his wants/needs/personality. Makes sense to me.

I've only witnessed one of these myself, probably cause we get along when we hang out.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAmerica View Post
    When I read about Schizoid behavior, it kind of scared me....because I identified so much with parts of it (for the most part, except having only 1st degree relative relationships and lack of sexual interest with another person).
    Same here.

I was even described as having "schizoid features" several years back when I tried to join the Air Force. At first I thought they were saying that I had multiple personalities. But no, it's just me. And I like it that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.