User Tag List

First 122021222324 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 290

  1. #211
    Senior Member Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    WOLF
    Posts
    277

    Default

    I'm female, but those were some interesting insights. Thanks

  2. #212
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    I've never understand anger that would cause you to throw chairs or smash things. When I get really angry I stop myself from damaging things since I know that I a) have to replace it, b) clean it up. Am I the only one with such practical considerations in the heat of the moment?
    Hmmm, when I'm going to smash something I tend to make sure the resulting mess will be easier to clean up anyway. Also by that time I've already convinced myself that the effort needed later is totally worth seeing the thing in a zillion pieces.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I've heard that when types go into this mode (catastrophe mode/really angry/etc) that they temporarily change into their opposite type since the brain has decided that whatever it was doing wasn't working. Thus...INTJ=ESFP, whereas you would become ISTJ.
    That's an interesting point and I'd like to hear more about it. I used to have anger issues when I was in my late teens and early 20s. I never beat anyone up with a baseball bat (or even hurt them badly), but I did sometimes black out (meaning I don't remember anything about the incident at all) and act violently. I think it only happened 4 or 5 times in my whole life, but that's the only way I'd lose control, is for all conscious thought to kind of cease. Is that ESFP-like or am I just crazy? :crazy:

  4. #214
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    That's an interesting point and I'd like to hear more about it. I used to have anger issues when I was in my late teens and early 20s. I never beat anyone up with a baseball bat (or even hurt them badly), but I did sometimes black out (meaning I don't remember anything about the incident at all) and act violently. I think it only happened 4 or 5 times in my whole life, but that's the only way I'd lose control, is for all conscious thought to kind of cease. Is that ESFP-like or am I just crazy? :crazy:
    Then would it be shadow ESTJ-like to calmly follow a younger brother around the house while he's running screaming bloody murder because you're chasing him with an aluminium bat?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Then would it be shadow ESTJ-like to calmly follow a younger brother around the house while he's running screaming bloody murder because you're chasing him with an aluminium bat?
    Steve??? Is that you? How did you find me on here and haven't I apologized for the bat incident enough times???

    J/K

  6. #216
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    <snort>

    Mendacity, as I've heard it explained under prolonged / extreme stress INTJs can develop some bad habits - excessive consumption of alcohol, excessive intake of food - becoming extremely, and negatively, Sensing. And focussed on details to the point of obsession.

    Inferior functions under stress.

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

  7. #217
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    Steve??? Is that you? How did you find me on here and haven't I apologized for the bat incident enough times???

    J/K
    LOL, I actually did this to my younger brother after 8 years of his button pushing. It was like I just snapped and went from chaos outside to uber controlled outside. I followed him from my room to the bathroom (which he locked and I very "calmly" and in a "controlled fassion" unlocked it and pusehd my way in). Once in the bathroom with him he tripped into the bathtub and I stood over him and prepared a swing, but stopped in the ready pose laughing like some psycotic cartoon. He was 10, I was 12, the only differences if the parents were around is mom would only have been able to call the cops while my step-dad would probably try to intervine (not sure how stupid of a move that would have been...). I tend to remember every detail though when I go into rage; I don't like the memories...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    <snort>
    Mendacity, as I've heard it explained under prolonged / extreme stress INTJs can develop some bad habits - excessive consumption of alcohol, excessive intake of food - becoming extremely, and negatively, Sensing. And focussed on details to the point of obsession.
    Inferior functions under stress.
    You know, it's interesting you say that. As I've mentioned I know two other INTJs, my little brother and a friend I've known since high school. My brother, when enraged, becomes incredibly passive aggressive. My other INTJ friend and I were both much more troubled as teenagers and tended to over-indulge in things and also tended to go into these violent black-outs when pushed too far. I have another friend who I *think* is INTJ and also slightly sociopathic (literally). He doesn't lose his temper but becomes more like Runvardh described. He's actually done some time as a result of that, too.
    I think the way people act when they're extremely angry is very telling about their personalities.
    Not that I'm trying to say Runvardh is sociopathic. Or crazy in any other way.

  9. #219
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    So I guess that makes me scary then? :sad:
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #220
    Pareo cattus Natrushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    1,213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    Not that I'm trying to say Runvardh is sociopathic. Or crazy in any other way.
    Nevah.

    So I guess that makes me scary then?
    I thought it made you argumentative and impulsive? Impulsively argumentantive?

    This signature left intentionally blank.

    Really.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] Ask an INTJ
    By logan235711 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 870
    Last Post: 05-22-2015, 05:04 AM
  2. [INTJ] INTJ flirting
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-02-2010, 04:26 PM
  3. [INTJ] INTJ's Introverted Feeling - Child (Puer/Puella)
    By Zhash in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 09:06 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJs and spelling
    By Natrushka in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 02:14 PM
  5. [INTJ] INTJ: Lack of Concentration?
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO