User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If the ESTJ shirt doesn't fit, Eco, please take it off, okay?

* too tired to read more of this insanity *
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

There were so many INTJ/Catfighting women comments that ran through my head... But then I thought, what other thread would be so awesome at so many different levels I'm starting to think every type should have a thread like this, where they can let their nature out and turn feral.

Today, on ISTP Competition: No, I know I can eat more hot dogs that you, while skiing, on everest. Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I've only seen younger INFPs argue this much, but over values as opposed to who's distorting what facts.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Today, on ISTP Competition: No, I know I can eat more hot dogs that you, while skiing, on everest. Let's do this thing.
    Overall, I'd rather write a story about people doing it, full of outlandish puns and exploring the psychological/philosophical reasons for doing so...

...but if you need someone to run the camcorder, I'm there!

[Next, On MTV's "SCARRED!"]

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ...but if you need someone to run the camcorder, I'm there!
    Think you can handle Kilimanjaro? That's one of the trips I'm looking to doing.

I kind of pictured the INTP equivalent as "Bluewing" posts, heh. But I suppose Bluewing writes an epic fantasy novel would be about right. Then all the other INTPs can complain about the meaning, how details were overlooked. And then start writing fanfics. And talking about other authors. Wait, what was the original INTP thread? Right.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hee -- we're thread terrorists!

This thread belongs to the ITPs now! No sudden posts and we promise that no one will get hurt!

Think you can handle Kilimanjaro? That's one of the trips I'm looking to doing.
    Are you actually climbing it?

If I had more than one life, alpine climbing is near the top of my list as to what I'd want to do. I read a number of books about various summits, and the style of the "sport" (if it can be called that, it's more all-consuming than that) suits my mind and body perfectly...

I kind of pictured the INTP equivalent as "Bluewing" posts, heh.

But I suppose Bluewing writes an epic fantasy novel would be about right. Then all the other INTPs can complain about the meaning, how details were overlooked. And then start writing fanfics. And talking about other authors. Wait, what was the original INTP thread? Right.
    What's frightening is that the first part of that closely fits with my problems in finishing the book I am SUPPOSED to be writing with a friend. Gaaa.....

Wait. This thread was about INTJs....? Maybe we should give it back?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Why? Personally, I think they should burn this thread and try to forget it happened. It was awful, and casts a lot of the INTJ's here in a bad light they don't deserve, particularly Economica and Mendacity.

MBTI
    ISTP

Are you actually climbing it?
    If non will go, I will be, yup. It's not actually that hard of a climb (very tame for such a giant mountain).

suits my mind and body perfectly...
    Weren't you complaining about being out of shape? (I say this jokingly because I get winded walking up two flights of stairs, but I'm seriously attempting to get into shape now, if only for the wedding, but also because I realised how far I've let myself go!)

Pshaw. You saw what happens when a bunch of INTJs are let loose in one thread. I see us as the lifeguards for the INTJ pool

The interesting thing is that most of my relationship with Non has involved me smoothing things over... With my friend it was much the same thing.

Wasn't it INTPs that were suppose to have weak Fe?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If non will go, I will be, yup. It's not actually that hard of a climb (very tame for such a giant mountain).
    Yup. Out of the infamous Seven Summits, it is the easiest, isn't it? (Antartica's is not so high compared to the others, but its location/temperature adds to the difficulty.)

Weren't you complaining about being out of shape?
    Not anymore!

One thing I have always had is stamina. I am peddling 30 minutes on level 14 out of 20 (burning about 360 calories in that 30 minutes), and the highest I've seen anyone else peddling around me is level 11. I am good at methodically sticking to the course, once I get a goal, and working my way there -- something very good for alpine climbing, where you strategize at the beginning, then use sheer will and "one foot after the next" to keep going, regardless of how your body feels.

(I say this jokingly because I get winded walking up two flights of stairs, but I'm seriously attempting to get into shape now, if only for the wedding, but also because I realised how far I've let myself go!)
    Hopefully you will leap up fast in terms of regaining your stamina.

Pshaw. You saw what happens when a bunch of INTJs are let loose in one thread. I see us as the lifeguards for the INTJ pool
    Look, if they keep peeing in the pool, I won't CARE if they're drowning -- I will NOT want to go in there!

[ha ha -- "Spaulding! NOOOoOOoOO!"]

Wasn't it INTPs that were suppose to have weak Fe?
    It's usually refined to momentary blowouts, I think. Five minutes later, we're sane again. Sort of.

MBTI
    ISTP

Yup. Out of the infamous Seven Summits, it is the easiest, isn't it? (Antartica's is not so high compared to the others, but its location/temperature adds to the difficulty.)
    Notably easier... but I'm not hardcore (and Non certainly isn't). I just want to see the world from up there! Travelling is my dream and... for some reason... I want to see a big mountain. Without the risk of death and all that

One thing I have always had is stamina. I am peddling 30 minutes on level 14 out of 20 (burning about 360 calories in that 30 minutes), and the highest I've seen anyone else peddling around me is level 11. I am good at methodically sticking to the course, once I get a goal, and working my way there -- something very good for alpine climbing, where you strategize at the beginning, then use sheer will and "one foot after the next" to keep going, regardless of how your body feels.
    Nice! That's awesome to hear. Non use to be in incredible shape, back before her car accidents. Even now she's pretty good, relative to me. Back when I was going to the gym (before the dog!) I was moving up to the ~200-300 calorie range in the 1/2 to 45 minutes. Now I have the machine at home and struggle up to 100

Getting there though... ask me again in a month.

(Yes, I was in the "dangerously" unfit category...)

It's usually refined to momentary blowouts, I think. Five minutes later, we're sane again. Sort of.
    I always thought that was amusing. It seemed like INTPs had more negative Fi "No. MY WAY. MIIIIINEEEEE!" blowouts that Fe (the personal level INTJs seem to devolve into)... but I suppose it's Forer's job to ensure it remains properly organised.