User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

It started fairly enough, became strange, then vitriolic; now it's back to fairly strange enough.

In true, ESL-heckler style:

HA HA INTJS SO INTIMATNGI
    THE AFRAID OF OWN SHADOW GO IN HOLE YOU GRONDHUGS HA
    LINK

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    HA HA INTJS SO INTIMATNGI
    THE AFRAID OF OWN SHADOW GO IN HOLE YOU GRONDHUGS HA
    LINK
    lol
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

My reply isn't exactly a comment on the most recent things, but that's because the moment I saw people taking offense I started skipping pages. I saw earlier on that people ended up putting a lot of words in ptgatsby's mouth, which ended up making a simple and true concept into a mess. It was directly on topic and I'm not even sure how anyone read into it as far as they did.

This is about intimidation. He plainly said the preconception directly resulted in the post conception. There was no place for anything in-between because the in-between had zero relevance. It was perfect cause and effect.

I won't speak for anyone but myself in relation to any of this. If it's different for other INTJ's, consider it the the fun factor of free will rather than a different type assignment.

When it comes to the example of "why do you believe what you believe" type questions... Yes, that will catch my attention and I may react in a less than nice way. However, it's not the question itself, really. I will catch it because I have a habit of doing the same to play with people I know fairly well. It's not the speaker's intention that will trigger it, it will be my own intentions when I have done it in the past that I see it as, for better or worse, and I'm sure that amounts to a personality flaw on my end. But, if it makes you feel any better I'll probably have a grin on my face when my back is turned.

Writing people off, for me, is not a form of death sentence. It's more like "I'll hit a wall if I keep in that direction, lets see what the other options are." As cold as it may seem, the priority is the priority, not the feelings of others. Admittedly, it's another personality flaw, but only in a professional environment. If my priority happens to be a significant other, that flaw has its moment to shine. So I can't justify getting rid of it completely.

If someone is "written off" it's quite easy to reverse it... Unless you flunked Special Ed. You just have to do or say something remotely intelligent. I'll admit to myself that maybe I reacted too quickly and underestimated you. If that happens, you're probably going to end up back to normal+1 in my head. Because I won't underestimate(translated to: a mistake) someone a second time when they have surprised me. But, at the same time if you're in that position and do something very stupid, I may take that thought back and it'll be quite a bit harder to change.

As for the "offensive" conversation, refer to me and I'll debate it if you want. I won't get offended. I honestly don't care if something harsh is said, I'd be a hypocrite and I'd never let myself live it down. I'm also quite aware of my flaws. If you're right, I'll say so. Just try to be clear when doing it. I can tell you right now it's not possible to generalize such things. All that will happen is I'll ask you to elaborate every single time, and that will end up being a pain for both of us.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That was quite a first post!

Welcome SWerewolf!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That was quite a first post!

Welcome SWerewolf!
    Hell yes. That is what I was talking about, or trying to.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't know about other INTJs but my daughter has this look sometimes . . .

I know I'm not in the idiot category because she will sometimes go out of her way to go places with me so it's just her and me and she will talk to me about the fan-fics she's reading enthusiastically and she doesn't have to do that and wouldn't if she couldn't stand me, but still the look makes you feel like an insect that really has no purpose in life other than to be annoying and if she could muster some feeling besides annoyed indifference, you would be swiftly dispatched.

My old college roomie was the same way. Both delightful people because they are solid, smart, and have that delicious sense of humor, but the look is still a little disconcerting and I know they both like me. I hate to think what it would be like if they didn't.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Is pleading with me to take my crusade elsewhere really the best you can do to get me to stop?
    At least you acknowledge what it is.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Quote Originally Posted by SWerewolf View Post
    My reply isn't exactly a comment on the most recent things, but that's because the moment I saw people taking offense I started skipping pages. I saw earlier on that people ended up putting a lot of words in ptgatsby's mouth, which ended up making a simple and true concept into a mess. It was directly on topic and I'm not even sure how anyone read into it as far as they did.

This is about intimidation. He plainly said the preconception directly resulted in the post conception. There was no place for anything in-between because the in-between had zero relevance. It was perfect cause and effect.

I won't speak for anyone but myself in relation to any of this. If it's different for other INTJ's, consider it the the fun factor of free will rather than a different type assignment.

When it comes to the example of "why do you believe what you believe" type questions... Yes, that will catch my attention and I may react in a less than nice way. However, it's not the question itself, really. I will catch it because I have a habit of doing the same to play with people I know fairly well. It's not the speaker's intention that will trigger it, it will be my own intentions when I have done it in the past that I see it as, for better or worse, and I'm sure that amounts to a personality flaw on my end. But, if it makes you feel any better I'll probably have a grin on my face when my back is turned.

Writing people off, for me, is not a form of death sentence. It's more like "I'll hit a wall if I keep in that direction, lets see what the other options are." As cold as it may seem, the priority is the priority, not the feelings of others. Admittedly, it's another personality flaw, but only in a professional environment. If my priority happens to be a significant other, that flaw has its moment to shine. So I can't justify getting rid of it completely.

If someone is "written off" it's quite easy to reverse it... Unless you flunked Special Ed. You just have to do or say something remotely intelligent. I'll admit to myself that maybe I reacted too quickly and underestimated you. If that happens, you're probably going to end up back to normal+1 in my head. Because I won't underestimate(translated to: a mistake) someone a second time when they have surprised me. But, at the same time if you're in that position and do something very stupid, I may take that thought back and it'll be quite a bit harder to change.
    Was ptgatsby's point that INTJ intimidation a result of our reputation for writing people off? I was never actually clear on that.
    If so I think it's a valid point if you're talking about people who know anything about MBTI and know that you're an INTJ... but in my experience most people have no idea what it is and wouldn't know an INTJ if they were bit by one (not that implausible )
    If that wasn't his point then I'm sorry for answering a point nobody was making.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I think Economica's E-type is a 1, while a lot of other INTJs here are probably 5s, 6s or possibly 8s.

Enneagram
    1w2

Yes and I'm a 1 also, which is why I understand what she's trying to do. I go on my little crusades as well.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3