User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surviving surrounded by NF's

Concerning the four temperaments I generally only have difficulty in dealing with SJ's, there seems to be no way I can have a fun conversation with them. NF's are fine as long as they are not constantly talking about their feelings and how things are affecting them.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    LOL at that pic.

I find a good tactic is to brutalize their delicate sensibilities, and they tend to leave you alone. Also insult their pets as often as you can.
    Ah the tested method!

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteIntrigue View Post
    NF's are not my friend. I cannot understand their constant stream of tears and ideas that make no logical sense.
    I never experience this. ENFJ man makes all kinds of logical sense and no crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    I wish I was surrounded by NFs. The world would be a much happier place.
    They make my world a happy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    I actually really like NFs, especially INFPs and INFJs. I feel like they bring me different perspectives and ideas that I wouldn't normally consider. They're certainly incredibly more interesting than SJs and SPs.

Yes. I completely agree.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Junior Member Array

I like all of the NFs, except for the one thing of how they reach their decision. I feel like they are a good antithesis for how cold I can be. I feel like I'm good at creating word choices that please NFs too.

I quite like my NF friends (most of the time). They tend to think I'm adorable (haha...something that kind of puzzles me, but whatevs) and give me back rubs and hugs. They do talk about their feelings a lot. A whole lot. So when that starts happening I just sit there quietly thinking about one-liners I can zing out at the right times that will be perfectly irreverent and perfectly hilarious. It keeps everyone laughing, me amused/interested in their conversation and cuts down on the weepiness (Fs in general seem to be SO serious way too much).

I've almost got it down to science. It's all about the zinger to silence ratio (like how you need to "play the rests" in music as much as you play the notes). If you throw too many one-liners out in too short a time, they become ineffective and people will brush them off with a half-chuckle and get back to their emoting. Not good. At that point you might as well just leave the room and take a nap.