videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I have so much NF goo all over me that I can't even find my NT sometimes.
    Sounds exhausting.

I've some handi-wipes here, if that will help.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Aderack View Post
    Sounds exhausting.

I've some handi-wipes here, if that will help.
    It's not that bad but sometimes I have to squeegee that shit off me. I'm sure that puts me in the asshole camp.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Seriously,

Don't give me this I am so out of touch with my emotions crap. You are all smart people. You understand MBTI. So why, with all your knowledge are you so goddamn proud at your dysfunction and assholery? You would think, if you were a real NT, that you would be ashamed at what you have not perfected.
    I wouldn't personally consider it to be 'out of touch with my emotions'. Rather, I would consider it to be 'having control over my emotions'.

On average, the NT values emotional willpower more than the other Keirsey temperaments.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

There are some NTs who will intentionally target-practice an F's sore spots.

But some Fs are extremely quick to assume that's what an NT is doing when he isn't. And even when the NT tries to explain he was merely speaking candidly and meant no harm, some Fs refuse to believe it.

I think they assume that because that's what they do.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I'm not knocking the autistic I am saying. Are you retarded?

If not, then why would you be so proud to be cold.

This signifies one of two things to me,

A) You're not an NT
    B) You think it is cool to be disconnected

Now both of these theories seem really interesting to me in that they probably signify some other deeply rooted emotional issue. Which in itself is ironic. No?
    Who died and made you god? Seriously...

I consider myself to be a good person. I know a lot of other INTJs and they're all great people without exception. Some are shy, all like their own space, all are hard working and studious. They care for other people, but mainly for their own family for whom they'd do anything to help. They have a small circle of close friends and don't equate how good they are as people by how many friends they have on their MSN/facebook list (like a lot of exfxs do).

However, we don't tend to walk around all day with big stupid grins on our faces, but I don't think that makes us assholes. It reminds me of a Bill Hicks sketch:

"Don't you hate those people that come up to you and say ... 'hey you know it takes less energy to smile than it does to frown?' 'Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?'"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    It reminds me of a Bill Hicks sketch:

"Don't you hate those people that come up to you and say ... 'hey you know it takes less energy to smile than it does to frown?' 'Yeah, you know it takes me energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?'"

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    There are some NTs who will intentionally target-practice an F's sore spots.

But some Fs are extremely quick to assume that's what an NT is doing when he isn't. And even when the NT tries to explain he was merely speaking candidly and meant no harm, some NFs refuse to believe it.

I think they assume that because that's what they do.
    Yea, one of the few games in which it's probably a really bad idea to hit bullseye..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTJ

Like ThatGirl, I find it annoying sometimes to read the frequent posts by self-proclaimed assholes. Sometimes it's funny, but it gets old fast. I'm an INTJ, and that crowd, in particular seems to have a lot of people who try to play up their assholery. It seems so superficial sometimes. Like, I can't count how many posts I've read from INTJs claiming to have no soul and wanting to take over the world from their garage.

I partly blame Myers-Brigg for this. Some people read the type descriptions and then cling to them rigidly. Their type becomes a huge part of who they perceive themselves as.

I think it's the nature of the internet to encourage gratuitous self-obsession and the belief that our little differences are incredibly important. Some NTs who are looking for a unique public identity may latch on to their asshole-ness and try and magnify it. Maybe for some it's better to be an asshole than unnoticed. Of course, I'm talking about the NTs who take a great deal of pride in their supposed heartlessness. I think it's a case of people looking for an identity. And I think that there are certain immature or lost people simply imagining themselves to be NTs because NTs seem so masculine, strong, and disconnected from emotional pain.

Sure, some NTs are genuine NTs. Some are also genuine assholes. But when some of them constantly mention what big assholes they are, I do have to wonder about their agenda behind it. Like, yeah, you've told me 100 times that you're a heartless bastard. Why do you care enough about that fact to constantly bring it up?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I wouldn't personally consider it to be 'out of touch with my emotions'. Rather, I would consider it to be 'having control over my emotions'.

On average, the NT values emotional willpower more than the other Keirsey temperaments.
    I don't agree that an NT has any more "control" over his/her emotions than an NF (for example) on average. They just have less emotion to "control".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jwill View Post
    I think it's the nature of the internet to encourage gratuitous self-obsession and the belief that our little differences are incredibly important. Some NTs who are looking for a unique public identity may latch on to their asshole-ness and try and magnify it. Maybe for some it's better to be an asshole than unnoticed. Of course, I'm talking about the NTs who take a great deal of pride in their supposed heartlessness. I think it's a case of people looking for an identity. And I think that there are certain immature or lost people simply imagine themselves to be NTs because NTs seem so masculine, strong, and disconnected from emotional pain.

Sure, some NTs are genuine NTs. Some are also genuine assholes. But when some of them constantly mention what big assholes they are, I do have to wonder their agenda behind it. Like, yeah, you've told me 100 times that you're a heartless bastard. Why do you care enough about that fact to constantly bring it up?
    I definitely think that's the reason a lot of younger folks do it.

Being "mellow" is much more self-satisfying than being icy, and is most likely much more appreciated by the world around us. Different strokes I guess, but I do think the internet has a HUGE influence on our perception here. I rarely meet other NTs in the real world, and they're almost always easy-going.