• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT! Why are you ASSHOLES?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
Right. How can you be guilty of being cold/unfeeling/unemotional if you aren't even aware? What makes me more frustrated than anything are the people (F's much of the time) that want to know what we really feel. When we reply "I don't know" it actually means we don't know. It's not a emotionless cop out. :doh:
You don't need to be a NT to relate. Any T has had some experience like this.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
While I will try with all my might to come up with new ideas and information to up the ante in intellectual discussion, so to speak... I honestly am never an asshole in that regard. With intellectual discussion, I am cool, clear, and non-confrontational; the only emotions lurking beneath the surface being excitement over the topic.

The only reactive trigger for my assholishness is when people treat others poorly. Of course, I tend to notice intellectual (or "stupid") mistakes made by other people more often, which I think makes sense because those things I can easily pick up on. I will vouch for the lack of emotional intelligence in NTs, simply because when I am emotionally reactive, I can spurt out things like "Oh god you douchebag!"

For example, the other day a coworker (who sometimes is playfully mean) used a broom and swept a bunch of liquid onto my pants, and I gave that exact reaction and exclamation over the immediate situation. Only afterwords did I realize that he said it was an accident, and that he appeared very sorry about the whole thing (rare for him, so I truly knew it was an accident). Of course, with my lack of EQ, I couldn't even begin to figure out how to make the situation more comfortable, and try to balance out the appearance that I am not pissed off, because after the event happened, I cooled off pretty quickly.. still, something was missing in my appearance that would make me seem forgiving. Awkward silence ensued. :doh:

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Thank you thank you thank you for saying this. I should have that message made into a t-shirt.
F4d2N.jpg

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't you mean an emotionless cop out? :glasses:

Just sayin', since you all are going to be making it into a t-shirt and all, and claiming to be NT...

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Don't you mean an emotionless cop out? :glasses:

Just sayin', since you all are going to be making it into a t-shirt and all, and claiming to be NT...

:rofl1:

You should have just let us wear the t-shirts and then pointed out the error as a way to flirt. That "a" is very close to the nipple!

G

garbage

Because they're horribly immature and will hopefully grow out of that mindset in time, if they're not forced to do so by circumstance first.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Im probably one of the nicest NT's you'd ever meet( if you ever met me), only thanks to my devoloped Fe(ESFJ mom). I think as long as the NT is an NTP they can be very accepting of others and less asshole then the NTJ, only due to the face that NTP has Ti and Ti allows one too see from all perspectives, while NTJ has Te which differs very differently from Ti.

I concur with this assessment. I've met at least a few NTJ's who made big points to point out how their greatness and then contrast with what they perceive as most other people's lackings. I've heard lots of comments from numerous NTJs on many occasions things like:
-"People are stupid, and should be dragged out on the street and killed to leave a better world for the rest of us"
-"The average person is a compete idiot. Like batsh_t stupid! Why do we let dumb people run this world?"
-"Scott I only talk to you because you are sufficiently "intellectually stimulating", I can immediately tell that most people are just plain idiots and therefore I ignore their unimportant stupid selves"
-"Intelligence is SO not rewarded in our society!"
-"Scott, why do you feel that way, that's stupid! I can't believe you'd feel that way, it makes no sense. Stop feeling that way! Feelings are stupid!"
-[egging someone on] "[Person], Your life is worthless, you should just go kill yourself. Your going to die anyways, you might as well do it now, go, go kill yourself, now!" That conversation happened like 20 times I think.
-[_NTJ talking about themself] "I'm SUCH an _sshole!" "Oh, did that person have feelings going on, I didn't notice! I'm such an _sshole"
-"F_ck that idiot"
-"That person is an idiot, so I never listen to or do what they say, even though they are [my boss, the expert, the person in charge of that area, etc]"
-"OMG, how stupid can a person be? People like that shouldn't be in allowed to be in charge. I know they are in charge but I won't listen because they are an idiot. Intelligence always trumps leadership"
-" People are all just stupid sheep. If they had any intelligence they'd quit doing stupid worthless trivial vapid things and do something important like [political debate, study science, learn about computers, etc]"

How much of this is potentially blameable on these people got beat up a lot as kids and these are somehow acts of revenge for them? Less anyone think I'm stereotyping, I know that many of these people were picked on as kids, and I believe at least some have mentioned that as part of where there animosity stems from.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
-[paraphrasing, perhaps unfairly] "These people are my pawns"
-"I don't care about the unimportant peons"

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I concur with this assessment. I've met at least a few NTJ's who made big points to point out how their greatness and then contrast with what they perceive as most other people's lackings. I've heard lots of comments from numerous NTJs on many occasions things like:
-"People are stupid, and should be dragged out on the street and killed to leave a better world for the rest of us"
-"The average person is a compete idiot. Like batsh_t stupid! Why do we let dumb people run this world?"
-"Scott I only talk to you because you are sufficiently "intellectually stimulating", I can immediately tell that most people are just plain idiots and therefore I ignore their unimportant stupid selves"
-"Intelligence is SO not rewarded in our society!"
-"Scott, why do you feel that way, that's stupid! I can't believe you'd feel that way, it makes no sense. Stop feeling that way! Feelings are stupid!"
-[egging someone on] "[Person], Your life is worthless, you should just go kill yourself. Your going to die anyways, you might as well do it now, go, go kill yourself, now!" That conversation happened like 20 times I think.
-[_NTJ talking about themself] "I'm SUCH an _sshole!" "Oh, did that person have feelings going on, I didn't notice! I'm such an _sshole"
-"F_ck that idiot"
-"That person is an idiot, so I never listen to or do what they say, even though they are [my boss, the expert, the person in charge of that area, etc]"
-"OMG, how stupid can a person be? People like that shouldn't be in allowed to be in charge. I know they are in charge but I won't listen because they are an idiot. Intelligence always trumps leadership"
-" People are all just stupid sheep. If they had any intelligence they'd quit doing stupid worthless trivial vapid things and do something important like [political debate, study science, learn about computers, etc]"

How much of this is potentially blameable on these people got beat up a lot as kids and these are somehow acts of revenge for them? Less anyone think I'm stereotyping, I know that many of these people were picked on as kids, and I believe at least some have mentioned that as part of where there animosity stems from.

I just read this in the same voice I always imagined that Holden from catcher in the rye had.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Scott N Denver, I was guilty of saying things like that when I was about 14. I don't think it's because I was picked on (I was, on occasion) so much as an immature way of venting my frustration, especially when other people didn't understand what I was talking about so I'd write them off as "stupid". As for the less sensitive comments ("Your life is worthless, you should just go kill yourself.) I know I unfortunately said things along those lines too. I really would be surprised (and embarrassed) to see that from an adult NTJ though.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Scott N Denver, I was guilty of saying things like that when I was about 14. I don't think it's because I was picked on (I was, on occasion) so much as an immature way of venting my frustration, especially when other people didn't understand what I was talking about so I'd write them off as "stupid". As for the less sensitive comments ("Your life is worthless, you should just go kill yourself.) I know I unfortunately said things along those lines too. I really would be surprised (and embarrassed) to see that from an adult NTJ though.

These all came from people that are in their 20's through maybe their 40's. I kid you not.