User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Because NTs are too eager to prove themselves right, they can't stand being wrong about something.

and NTs don't suffer fools gladly. Fools I mean people who opposed their long thought point of view.

Ygolo is the onlt NT here that is not an asshole, he is way smarter than any of us could imagine
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Seriously,

Don't give me this I am so out of touch with my emotions crap. You are all smart people. You understand MBTI. So why, with all your knowledge are you so goddamn proud at your dysfunction and assholery? You would think, if you were a real NT, that you would be ashamed at what you have not perfected.
    Shut up and get back in the kitchen.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Doctor Cox from scrubs, NT.
    5 3 9

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

actually.... it is true that Dr. Cox inspired me to new levels of NT harshness.... I blame him. And Flipper. Fucking dolphins.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

And Flubber. Fucking green gooey shit always...fucking shit up, nah mean?

p.s.

Cox is ENTJ right?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

hellz yeah bietch!

yeah i think hes ENTJ... hes brutal too. He goes too far on JD sometimes IMHO

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

Now both of these theories seem really interesting to me in that they probably signify some other deeply rooted emotional issue. Which in itself is ironic. No?
    My god. It's all clear now. My crippling intimacy issues are all a result of that tragic bingo accident when I was 12!

BREAKTHRU!!!! HUGZZZZZ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

It's one thing to feel nervous and uncomfortable around emotion and not know how to react well. However, I have noticed that sometimes NTs (and I'm not saying all of them) do take pleasure in saying/doing something that they know will provoke strong emotion in others, either to see what will happen or to make fun of the completely ridiculous way those people come across when they are upset. This seems to work at cross purposes to anything productive, unless it is a way of reinforcing their feeling that one thing they do have is the power to remain objective (in their view) while others become emotional.

I think what the original poster is asking (in a controversial and provocative way) is why some people would act proud of doing this or of not relating on an emotional level with someone when that's what they need. Is it because their own need to feel superior is stronger? Usually there is some kind of payoff a person gets from doing something, so what is theirs? Are there other factors, or is it something that other types are just not understanding? (which means we need more information! Please help us!)

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    It's one thing to feel nervous and uncomfortable around emotion and not know how to react well. However, I have noticed that sometimes NTs (and I'm not saying all of them) do take pleasure in saying/doing something that they know will provoke strong emotion in others, either to see what will happen or to make fun of the completely ridiculous way those people come across when they are upset. This seems to work at cross purposes to anything productive, unless it is a way of reinforcing their feeling that one thing they do have is the power to remain objective (in their view) while others become emotional.
    Have you ever seen this happen in a bar/party? It makes me wince every time I witness this. This applies to NT guys, more than NT girls.....but you know they are about to get a black eye.
    I had a friend that was in that situation consistently. He honestly didn't read the signals, he was going too far. In the end, I know booze had a lot to with it, we often had to tap him on the shoulder, and remove him from the conversation.
    When he was sober, he was really sweet and shy. Used to hang out all the time in each others houses.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

This happens while sober too though and almost in anticipation of an enjoyably strong reaction. Why?