User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Is picking on NTJs an assholish thing to do?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Not if that's how you really "feel".

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    I'm doing my best to quote things, so as to minimize any personal distortions and to let things stand on their own without having to go through my filters first. I'm of the opinion that "people make their own nooses", I'm just publicly recording/declaring what they said. Others will make their evaluations as they will.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    -"The average person is a compete idiot. Like batsh_t stupid! Why do we let dumb people run this world?"
    -"F_ck that idiot"
    -"That person is an idiot, so I never listen to or do what they say, even though they are [my boss, the expert, the person in charge of that area, etc]"
    -"OMG, how stupid can a person be? People like that shouldn't be in allowed to be in charge. I know they are in charge but I won't listen because they are an idiot. Intelligence always trumps leadership"
    I don't see how these ones are that egregious. I've run across a lot of idiotic leadership, and in my personal time (which is when someone is most likely to be conversing with me about such things), I am likely to say things along those lines.

Merely saying these things is not a sign of immaturity or assholery. Only when they are not true do such phrases reflect poorly on the person who said them. Or if they are said in an inappropriate context (or directly to the person in charge, because they're not constructive). It doesn't seem like that was the context of your conversations, though. It seems like this person said these things to you in the context of a personal exchange between you (and maybe some other friends/acquaintances).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think quoting someone is trying to pick on them. In fact, I think its about the best way to let people speak for themselves, realizing the provision that they are not here and therefore can't speak for themselves.

MBTI
    ENTJ

First of all thatgirl asked a rather valid question in an emotionally reactive way and she got tons of emotionally reactive replies. The only people who tried to take the thread in a more productive direction is fidelia and kuranes. Does that indicate anything to anyone or is it just me?
    +1 Proteanmix, +1.

Can (some) people really not enter into a conversation in a spirit of, I don't know, willingness to actually DISCUSS the matter at hand rather than immediately jump to be offended? Omg! She called us all assholes! No, she didn't. She did not say "all NTs are assholes, wtf assholes?" I agree with some others here that Thatgirl raises a valuable point. There ARE a lot of NTs who seem to be unreasonably proud of, and unreasonably desperate to trumpet, their emotional coldness/total lack of emotion/assholery etc. All of them? No. But enough for me to have noticed a pattern, too.

And yes, I completely noticed that many of the responses from NTs (us emotionless, intellectually driven NTs ) basically amounted to a)taking grave offense and b)saying nothing at all regarding the actual point of the OP c)insulting the OP. Objective discussion ftw! /sarcasm
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I don't see how these ones are that egregious. I've run across a lot of idiotic leadership, and in my personal time (which is when someone is most likely to be conversing with me about such things), I am likely to say things along those lines.

Merely saying these things is not a sign of immaturity or assholery. Only when they are not true do such phrases reflect poorly on the person who said them. Or if they are said in the inappropriate context (or directly to the person in charge, because they're not constructive). It doesn't seem like that was the context of your conversations, though. It seems like this person said these things to you in the context of a personal conversation.
    Yours is one point of view, and understandable from a certain perspective. There are other views, at least some of which are reasonable and/or understandable from other different perspectives. At the least, these seem to me rather dismissive, which will earn one ire from some quarters. Especially in a workplace. Also, I don't think your average or typical person will appreciate being called stupid, a pawn, etc. At the very least, thats not a good way to make friends and influence people. Condescension [sp?] tends to make people not like you [you as in general, not you as in the quoted poster]. I'm also trying to give something of a range of things I've heard said, some may be rather blatant, others might not even seem offensive. Again, I'm trying to span the range.

I'm trying to present reasons or evidence why people can see NT's as assholes. Which isn't to say that everyone will agree with that assessment, but hopefully people will at least maybe understand how other people can arrive at that assessment. In short, I'm trying to constructively contribute to this thread. Maybe I don't need to declare that, but I felt that it would help.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    These all came from people that are in their 20's through maybe their 40's. I kid you not.
    Considering there all paraphrasings that have been modified to serve your point....
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post

Merely saying these things is not a sign of immaturity or assholery. Only when they are not true do such phrases reflect poorly on the person who said them. Or if they are said in an inappropriate context (or directly to the person in charge, because they're not constructive). It doesn't seem like that was the context of your conversations, though. It seems like this person said these things to you in the context of a personal exchange between you (and maybe some other friends/acquaintances).
    Yeah I agree. People can deserve to be mocked. I equate assholeishness with the creation of undeserved offensives against people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Considering there all paraphrasings that have been modified to serve your point....
    You don't know that. I've tried to minimize personal distortions. They could almost be actual quotes but might be off by an unimportant word or two [a, and, the, etc]. With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if I've actually toned some of them down some, as in less swearing and less uses of insulting words such as "What did those stupid idiots due now. They are all as dumb as Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson. What a bunch of f-cking morons, etc"