User Tag List

123 Last

Default ENTPs: wearing masks?

So everything you guys teach me I promptly go blather on about at work. Most folks are neutral and some think it is really neat . My INTPs are quiet but they have told me it is nice to know they are odd for a reason. My INTJs already know all about it cause they know everything. My ENTPs tend to wonder off shyly (like unicorns) but then return later and ask more qestions. They sort of drop them here or there into the midst of light hearted conversations- really deep questions like the one below...

" I actually struggle not to wear masks. Do you ever have imposter syndrome?" I asked him what that was...

"Imposter syndrome is feeling that you are unworthy and that you have fooled others about your true self"

then I told him he is really responsible, accountable, and an awesome guy and a great teamplayer at our company, and a wonderful father and husband to his family, he said "no, just a mask". But he is one of the best folks I work with and has profound integrity and cares very much for those around him. His actions show this.

My entp also says she feels masked and very compartmentilized.

Would you guys mind elaborating on if this is something you also feel? I dont understand what he or she is feeling. I care much for both of them and since they came to me asking, I thought I ask.

Why do they feel this way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

yes
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP

Have you seen my avatar? It is purposeful.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I have masks, but my masks aren't hiding some true core self. What I mean is, if you take all of my masks away, I'm not sure what's left.

That sounds bad.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post

I have masks, but my masks aren't hiding some true core self. What I mean is, if you take all of my masks away, I'm not sure what's left.

That sounds bad.

BlueWing / SolitaryWalker would say that strong Ne has the potential to make a type self-effacing due to its strong orientation to the external world. So, it's not necessarily that there is nothing behind the mask, more that the self is something of a mirror, which lends the chameleon aspect ENTP's are renowned for.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post

That sounds bad.

My bestf entp says this too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    BlueWing / SolitaryWalker would say that strong Ne has the potential to make a type self-effacing due to its strong orientation to the external world. So, it's not necessarily that there is nothing behind the mask, more that the self is something of a mirror, which lends the chameleon aspect ENTP's are reknowned for.
    But not the spelling, which ENXXs are not so renowned for.

btw, totally understand OP.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    But not the spelling, which ENXXs are not so renowned for.

btw, totally understand OP.
    You got me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

There are some people who I continually react to by turning into a version of myself that I don't like. When I realize this, I'll usually limit my exposure to that person.

So even though I'm a walking assortment of masks, I choose which ones get to continue. I wouldn't spend a lot of time with a person unless I liked the version of myself I am with them.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Hmm this is similar to what I discovered about myself last night in the most interesting psycho analysis convo i've ever had - It was with an ENTj one of my very very few NT friends.

I realised I had a self improving complex i.e. I feel the need to keep on trying to improve my self and realise my potential and i'm very self critical about it all.

I think ENTPs feel the need to take on the best parts of other people in their aim to explore themselves and realise their potential. So they copy other peoples "masks" so as to make one big ultimate mask.

I think one of the most fundemental parts of the ENTP is their ability to see all the things they could be more than any other type. In other words they are very aware of the masks they can wear and how they all go together to make on big mask. It their ultimate invention - their own personality!

Mind you that could be a load of bullshit!
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!