User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Ne types, ENTPs and ENFPs, seem to take on different behaviors and attitudes to suit their environment. Ne on crack is like...well, Ne on crack. The auxiliary function needs to be developed lest the person become just their masks.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Ne types, ENTPs and ENFPs, seem to take on different behaviors and attitudes to suit their environment. Ne on crack is like...well, Ne on crack. The auxiliary function needs to be developed lest the person become just their masks.
    That has been my experience.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

This is true. I identify with this but would like to add that this is more the case when there is little personal investment. I'm quite comfortable wearing a mask at work since it involves a role of authority and I'm required to be much more formal than I would prefer. I'm also fine maintaining a distance.

With the ENFP need and drive for authenticity, it's much more difficult to do that in close relationships. It's hard to wear a mask in these situations and not just be yourself (as close to following Fi/Te signals as possible). I know I can't.

According to Lennore, you tend to see overdevelopment of the tertiary function. Do you think that would contribute to the masks maybe not feeling authetic or flowing quite smoothly?

I'd tend to agree that it would be over reliance on the dominant function. As far as the tertiary function's role in it goes, you'd think an ENTP would feel a need to connect and use their strong functions to achieve it. I suppose that could lead to a feeling of incongruity.

This me and Stormy together.

Sheet metal-like scraps of sheet metal that shift and as the shift they grind together at the edges. They make an awful scraping sound. Underneath there isnt anything, accompanied by blandness.

Sort of energetically draining and used up, empty.

hugs.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

most of the ENTPs [as with most people, irresepectove of type] will feel ashamed or... something... for doing it.
    not me. i do it and i have no trouble making myself comfortable with it.
    i called them characters but whatever. it's the same.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP

when I was a kid, my parents took me to a place where a different language and dialect were spoken.

when I was at school, I was beaten up for talking like my parents. I adapted.

when I was at home, I got told off by my parents and punished for talking like the kids at school. I adapted.

I learned that if you translate whatever you want to say onto the frequency of whoever you were talking to, less time was wasted in explanations and misunderstandings, and you got beaten up less.

The beginnings of Ne dominancy for my child mind
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    when I was a kid, my parents took me to a place where a different language and dialect were spoken.

when I was at school, I was beaten up for talking like my parents. I adapted.

when I was at home, I got told off by my parents and punished for talking like the kids at school. I adapted.

I learned that if you translate whatever you want to say onto the frequency of whoever you were talking to, less time was wasted in explanations and misunderstandings, and you got beaten up less.

The beginnings of Ne dominancy for my child mind
    Yeah, that's it really, it's about adapting to what is required in any given environment, one of the reasons ENTPs can play up and act like brats for attention methinks, we're used to fitting in how we should and every now and again we need to act out and get negative attention as a form of rebellion against what is normally stifled... at least that's how I think it is for me. Sometimes I resent acting in a controlled manner.

MBTI
    entp

Ne + Ti + Fe...could take over your entire world and rip it apart and you'd still say thank you for letting it be your world

these facets and not masks make it much easier to deal with life as it happens. you won't go to a professional interview dressed in shorts and a sporty mohawk...would you? does type matter?

i think your co-worker just needs to think a l'il more...he's prolly really bored with everyday life (read 'exhausted') and needs a shot of something different that gets the blood flowing...instead he chose to latch on to this notion that he's screwed up...cuz well, nothing brings out character like adversity

for its brilliance, enxp mindset can become very fucked unless it gets an 'out' every once in a while, or that has been my experience

do note that 'out' and 'once in a while' go together...if he is partying every night, he needs a quiet night...if he's working everyday, he prolly needs to go party