User Tag List

123 Last

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Default Sensory stuff you find oddly enjoyable

So, sitting here in my room listening to some old electronica, I opened my window and the headlights dancing on my wall through the window creating shadows is really cool. I keep walking about watching them move, yet I can't figure out why I like it. Maybe it's the randomness.

Anyone else?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

That sounds cool.

I like watching clouds. And the shadows of clouds on the ground. And large groups of people milling about (as long as I am not part of them). Or traffic patterns. Or sports games, where people move in intricate patterns on the field as they vie for strategic placement.

I like watching leaves dance in the trees when a steady breeze is blowing (especially at night, when everything is more like a shadow.)

I like watching thunderstorms develop, the wind kick up, the clouds billow upward, the sky turn brownish/purplish/black.

I like watching water shimmer and ripple.

I like watching snow gently fall down. I go out and stand in the middle of the street at 1am, and no one is awake, and no cars are out, and everything is silent --- everything but the snow -- and the ground/streets is carpeted in white, and I feel the snowflakes cold-prickle as they hit my face and I hear them brush softly on the ground when they land. That is a gorgeous time.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

I like sleeping in on a Sunday (yes, Sunday) morning when it's raining outside.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I really like driving long long distances. Good tunes, cigarettes, seasoned sunflower seeds and nothing to do but drive, drive, drive. You think about all kinds of stuff (nothing urgent, though), and forget you're even driving.
    Oh yes, definitely (minus the cigarettes). I take mental road trips a lot when I'm stressed out -- I just drive and drive for miles in my head. It's not quite as good as the real thing, but it works in a pinch.

I've always loved the way streets look at night after a rainstorm. The way headlights and streetlights and any neon advertising lights reflect and swim on the blackness of the asphalt is mesmerising to me. I guess this is kind of similar to what Wolf described in his OP.

Also, I really like fog -- thick, pea soup fog. We have really thick, heavy fog in the area where I grew up (so much so that we have an annual 'Fog Festival'), and I always enjoyed the way it altered the landscape. It makes me feel like I'm somewhere new and different. When I was quite young I remember trying in vain to walk into the fog and disappear the same way other people would disappear when they walked into the fog and away from me. I was so disappointed when I realized I couldn't get wrapped up in the fog the way I wanted to... Stupid point of reference crap.
    INTP

MBTI
    INTP

I like watching moving water, putting my hand in it, watching all the ripples and movements. If I go swimming, that's all I end up doing, just moving the water around and watching it.

Another thing is that I like to stay in that halfway point between staying asleep and being awake. I just let my mind wander freely...

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

Most of art is sensory as you first perceive it. At least visual arts and music.

MBTI
    INTp

I love to drive and I love stargazing

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by dblhelix View Post
    I like to stay in that halfway point between staying asleep and being awake. I just let my mind wander freely...
    I love that too.

I love the feel of the sun on my face, particularly in winter when it is cold outside. I had lunch outside today and I could have sat there for hours in the sun, reading a book and watching the world go by.

I also love the feel of sand on my feet at the beach, and watching waves build up and come crashing into shore.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimpei View Post
    Most of art is sensory as you first perceive it. At least visual arts and music.
    Those define my entire life. Why am I not a Sensor then? I test rather extremely intuitive. I'm guessing there are different ways of interacting with our senses. You mention the initial perception of it. Also, in Jung's theory everyone is S and N, all of the functions. Makes good sense to me.

I love playing rough with my cats, and with dogs when I have them. You really have to 'be' present to pull it off. They feel so fun, so furry and squishy. It's really funny when they bite and scratch and it hurts like heck.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)