User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

I workout three times a week at a serious strength training gym after office hours and I like the “muscle burn” sensation after doing a set of exercises.

One of my favorite post-workout activities is to brisk walk up a flight of stairs on days I do barbell squats.

MBTI
    INTP

I really like having my hair cut. It puts me in a mellow and calm mood. Its very yet oddly enjoyable.

MBTI
    INXP

Very fine, dark chocolate. Not in large quantities. Just a small amount of 75-85% cocoa chocolate!

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

a pedicure... do it myself though.. never had a professional one.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

This is gonna sound weird, but I find certain female voices at just the right frequency to be very soothing. I will actually record TV shows that I have no interest in (such as quilting) because the vocal frequency of the host hits my sweet spot. The relaxation effect is immediate and profound; I've kept shows on TIVO just to help me get to sleep when I have insomnia.

I don't know where this came from, but I've been aware of it since I was at least 18. I do have a theory though . . . we lived in Japan the first 3 years of my life and I had a Japanese nanny. She might have sung lullabies to me, and I wonder if her voice was in this frequency range.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I play vidjamagames. That can be sensory. Still, I do prefer strategy games, especially when they (can) require me to develop strat.s 'on the fly.'

Some FPSs (I don't play many) are usually just quick reflexes...

And also, slurpees. That shit is good. I dunno how I could intuit a slurpee... there's not a whole lot to them.
    we fukin won boys

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    This is gonna sound weird, but I find certain female voices at just the right frequency to be very soothing. I will actually record TV shows that I have no interest in (such as quilting) because the vocal frequency of the host hits my sweet spot. The relaxation effect is immediate and profound; I've kept shows on TIVO just to help me get to sleep when I have insomnia.

I don't know where this came from, but I've been aware of it since I was at least 18. I do have a theory though . . . we lived in Japan the first 3 years of my life and I had a Japanese nanny. She might have sung lullabies to me, and I wonder if her voice was in this frequency range.
    I think its a good idea. Some parent's voices put their kids to sleep, when reading bedtime stories, better than others. Why pay for "white noise" when you record something that relaxes for free. Think I'll try it myself. Thanks.

MBTI
    INTP

I love it when people play with my hair. Is that sensory? I also love playing with my Shih Tzu's long hair. It's really relaxing.

MBTI
    INFJ

White noise. When I was in college, I loved to study in the library when the vacuum cleaners were running.

Warm forced air from a heater or hair dryer. Very relaxing and comforting.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

The cool, fresh feeling on my face when I go walking early on a cold morning shortly after taking a shower.

The vivid, infrequent feeling that my body is attached to invisible strings, and I'm just hanging in space.

Listening to rain while drifting off to sleep.

Staying in weird positions while my limbs fall asleep. Love the tingling.

Relaxing with the occasional clove cigarette.

The excitement of climbing things as fast as I can. Quickly finding handholds, hoisting myself up, jumping.

A cold finger pressed against the crease of my inner elbow.

The rainbows projected all over my room around sunrise, coming from an angled mirror against one wall.

When the world turns blue around dusk some days.
    Christ, what an imagination I've got!