1. Drinking Diet Coke, sometimes up to eight cans a day.
2. Occasionally, flexing the opening tab on the can until it snaps off.
3. Rubbing my index finger against my teeth.
4. Chewing on the ends/caps of pens made of soft plastic.
5. Bending a worthless CD-R that failed to burn properly until it breaks, watching it shatter.
6. Pressing the painted rubbery buttons on the remote control while the TV is off, so I won't mess anything up.
7. There's a little compartment on this same remote covered by a sliding cover that slides back and forth. Sometimes I just like to keep sliding it back and forth.
8. Sometimes I like to fold a piece of typing paper in half as many times I can until it tears, or becomes unbendable.
9. Occasionally, I place a piece of paper under the faucet, and then try to lay it out on a flat surface and let it dry. Then I go back to it, feel how the texture has changed, and compare it with the texture of a normal sheet of paper.
10. Similarly, I sometimes crumple aluminum foil up into balls, and place one in water, and leave one out of it. I notice that I can't untangle the one I placed in water without tearing it, but that the one I allowed to remain dry can be untangled. The effect is even more pronounced if I crumple the foil while it's under water. It's very strange. To this day, I have no idea why.