First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I always find these types of reasons quite strange... I mean understandable and everything, sure. But to me, it'd be like the equivalent of saying "my family has people with heart problems in it that all stemmed from eating too much and doing no exercise, therefore I, who doesn't eat too much and do exercise, will not allow myself this delicious meat pie!"

While I get your point, I daresay few heart conditions have directly resulted in loss of job and/or erosion of family stability. What's more, while imprudent, it's certainly not illegal to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of a heart condition...

My point is that alcoholism carries with it a constellation of social/penal taboos not normally encountered in most other forms of genetic inheritance.

Enneagram
    9w8

Opinion regarding others' use of it aside, I don't like consuming alcohol. For some reason over the past year every single time I've had it (three times) I got sick to my stomach, threw up a few hours later... it even coincided with food poisoning once, though that was probably coincidental.

I don't even like the taste anymore - I have it so rarely it seems like I'm hypersensitive to synthetic sugars and additives, just like when I stopped eating candy, soda and heavily prepackaged foods a decade ago.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

While I get your point, I daresay few heart conditions have directly resulted in loss of job and/or erosion of family stability. What's more, while imprudent, it's certainly not illegal to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of a heart condition...

My point is that alcoholism carries with it a constellation of social/penal taboos not normally encountered in most other forms of genetic inheritance.
    yeah, but my point was that whether and to what extent you experience those issues is entirely down to your own choice: how much you drink, how often you drink. I'm living proof, as are most people I know, that there is a third option besides total abstinence and alcoholism!

The idea of "drink" ruining people's lives... it's not the drink! As you say, it's just a drink, it sits there, it doesn't do anything. What ruins your life, if it does, is your own lack of willpower, your own abuse of the stuff, it's your own bum choices. I could choose to eat Mac Donald's every day and die of heart disease when I'm 40, or I could choose to eat it once in a while and make sure I get exercise, and it does no harm at all.

That's just the part I have trouble understanding really - the idea that it's all or nothing, and the shoving of responsibility onto the drink or the manufacturers, for the people's bad choices that lead to ruin for them.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    IsTP

I indulge on occasion, only when I truly believe the fun I will have will outweigh the hangover I inevitably get the following morning.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    that would take us severely off topic and be an entire debate in itself! and, being outnumbered on this forum quite overwhelmingly, I don't think I'd care to get involved in that debate!

suffice it to say that, as far as alcohol and sex go... a resounding YES! And I'm a European who has been to America... and doesn't want to go again

I'm an American who has lived in Europe, and for all the 'Freedoms' we tout here in the US, I found that we're more restricted than a lot of countries. It was an interesting and frightening observation.

Europe in general is much more open about a lot of things... and I found that they were more responsible with it. Oh, the irony.

To the OP - I'm not against drinking. I don't need it to help me socially, and I dont tend to get 'drunk' when I drink.

There are some people though who should definately not drink, as it brings out the ass in them
    Embrace the possibilities.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I'm not big on drinking. I love the occasional glass of wine or champagne (I particularly like Jacob's Creek).

Otherwise I'm more of an opportunist; if there happens to be alcohol available, like at a play for instance, I might have a drink. But I won't actively go out for the sole purpose of having one.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    intj

Drinking makes me sleepy.

MBTI
    ENTP

Alcohol? Yes, please!
    EQ is a consolation prize for people with low IQ.

MBTI
    INTP

I do enjoy alcohol. I'm just the chattiest drunk ever, it's embarrassing. The only times I've been really smammered have been with one really good friend, never in a large social setting, so the actual embarrassment has been minimal so far. But I enjoy the experience a lot, and the comedy of trying to operate while inebriated. It's good times.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by charliefoxtrot View Post
    I do enjoy alcohol. I'm just the chattiest drunk ever, it's embarrassing.
    Are you intrested, by chance, in making really nasty men love ? I am just... I am... <3
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]