User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    SEXY

i don't care if people walk on eggshells around me. If they want to they should. I make an effort explaining to people that I really don't care though and that it's their choice. Come to think of it. I hardly ever do get criticism, probably because I hardly ever give it, and because I quickly get competent at most things I try and continue doing.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    nope, but I think I said that before.
    Yeah, the thread's gotten smaller hasn't it?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

It's funny how people can think of a million ways to say things in the hopes of not upsetting me (or anyone really) when it would take so much less energy just to say what they have to say.

I don't want to make you mad.
    Fine. What is it?
    You won't get mad?
    I can't promise you that.
    I don't mean this in a bad way.
    Spit. It. Out. Already! It's irrelevant if I get mad or not. Don't think about it and speak.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    SEXY

Me and my house mate actually deliberately use aforementioned disclaimers to make a statement and even to provoke. "I don't want to provoke" means: "Let's pick a fight". And "Am I bothering" means; "I hope I am".

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Yeah, the thread's gotten smaller hasn't it?
    No, I just like to pretend

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i8Rr53WOvg"][/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Rerouting thread: Do INTJ's hate more than other types?

Just curious if this is a generalizable phenomenon.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTj

There's nothing more stressful than to have to walk on eggshells around someone. It's easier to flatten out the shells early on and be done with it.

MBTI
    INTP

I hate in short spurts. It's never a permanent state or sentiment.
    I've been told I have an intimidating demeanor (for a number of reasons, I suppose), so sometimes when people are first getting to know me they tread carefully. I'm friendly though, and try to give people space enough to feel that they don't have to be on edge around me and can approach me about things.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    If people feel threatened by you, and you don't like it, perhaps you should make an effort to seem less threatening.
    I dont think we realize we're being threatening to begin with! It's just a matter of fact to us.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    +1, and I wish people would please stop with the disclaimers before every sentence. sheesh.
    +1

I think I know why it is though. It's because Ne prompts me to blurt out virtually everything that comes into my head and cos it's coming from Ti it tends not to be laced with much in the way of tact, and the excitement, enthusiasm, passion etc that it comes with is often misread as aggression or belligerence. When I cross-examine something someone says, my curiosity and eagerness to understand their entire worldview is misread as being deliberately challenging or argumentative.

I can't really see any way round the image this creates of me to some people, of being a bit of a gauntlet to run if they want to express themselves to me. Except maybe if they just get to know me, I hope they'll understand I really haven't an aggressive bone in my body, and that if I seem to be arguing with them it's usually a compliment...

The other alternative of sugar coating everything I say, which would totally interrupt my flow of thoughts, doesn't seem at all realistic. And then there's just the option of keeping quiet... I work on that, really I do, but it's REALLY hard when I have a sudden flash of inspiration to NOT ask the cosmos to help me refine it!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I can't really see any way round the image this creates of me to some people, of being a bit of a gauntlet to run if they want to express themselves to me. Except maybe if they just get to know me, I hope they'll understand I really haven't an aggressive bone in my body, and that if I seem to be arguing with them it's usually a compliment...
    In a perfect world (one that I would create, of course) I would force people to not think I am aggressive.

But yeah, people should just speak up, especially to me. Being honest is always more respected than being "kind". I just want to get to the heart of the topic.