• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's, do you hate?

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
i don't care if people walk on eggshells around me. If they want to they should. I make an effort explaining to people that I really don't care though and that it's their choice. Come to think of it. I hardly ever do get criticism, probably because I hardly ever give it, and because I quickly get competent at most things I try and continue doing.

nope, but I think I said that before.

Yeah, the thread's gotten smaller hasn't it?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's funny how people can think of a million ways to say things in the hopes of not upsetting me (or anyone really) when it would take so much less energy just to say what they have to say.

I don't want to make you mad.
Fine. What is it?
You won't get mad?
I can't promise you that.
I don't mean this in a bad way.
Spit. It. Out. Already! It's irrelevant if I get mad or not. Don't think about it and speak.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Me and my house mate actually deliberately use aforementioned disclaimers to make a statement and even to provoke. "I don't want to provoke" means: "Let's pick a fight". And "Am I bothering" means; "I hope I am".

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Rerouting thread: Do INTJ's hate more than other types?

Just curious if this is a generalizable phenomenon.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
There's nothing more stressful than to have to walk on eggshells around someone. It's easier to flatten out the shells early on and be done with it.

Entropy

MBTI Type
INTP
I hate in short spurts. It's never a permanent state or sentiment.
I've been told I have an intimidating demeanor (for a number of reasons, I suppose), so sometimes when people are first getting to know me they tread carefully. I'm friendly though, and try to give people space enough to feel that they don't have to be on edge around me and can approach me about things.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If people feel threatened by you, and you don't like it, perhaps you should make an effort to seem less threatening.

I dont think we realize we're being threatening to begin with! It's just a matter of fact to us.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
+1, and I wish people would please stop with the disclaimers before every sentence. sheesh.

+1

I think I know why it is though. It's because Ne prompts me to blurt out virtually everything that comes into my head and cos it's coming from Ti it tends not to be laced with much in the way of tact, and the excitement, enthusiasm, passion etc that it comes with is often misread as aggression or belligerence. When I cross-examine something someone says, my curiosity and eagerness to understand their entire worldview is misread as being deliberately challenging or argumentative.

I can't really see any way round the image this creates of me to some people, of being a bit of a gauntlet to run if they want to express themselves to me. Except maybe if they just get to know me, I hope they'll understand I really haven't an aggressive bone in my body, and that if I seem to be arguing with them it's usually a compliment...

The other alternative of sugar coating everything I say, which would totally interrupt my flow of thoughts, doesn't seem at all realistic. And then there's just the option of keeping quiet... I work on that, really I do, but it's REALLY hard when I have a sudden flash of inspiration to NOT ask the cosmos to help me refine it!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I can't really see any way round the image this creates of me to some people, of being a bit of a gauntlet to run if they want to express themselves to me. Except maybe if they just get to know me, I hope they'll understand I really haven't an aggressive bone in my body, and that if I seem to be arguing with them it's usually a compliment...

In a perfect world (one that I would create, of course) I would force people to not think I am aggressive. :whistling:

But yeah, people should just speak up, especially to me. Being honest is always more respected than being "kind". I just want to get to the heart of the topic.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I'm just not a big fan of eggshells at all. The thought of someone intentionally scattering them on the floor and then casually stepping through them makes me shiver.

( / indirect rant on figures of speech that can be guessed to be figures of speech because of people not talking about some sort of people-dynamic thingies instead of eggshells, but the meaning itself cannot be figured out by the phrase itself or its context )

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your usage of closetags take up a lot of buffer memory.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, for the "buffer memory" (whatever that is), if that stuff is so important you had to mention that instead of agreeing or disagreeing that figures of speech are mostly evil, I have removed those little symbol thingies that were probably causing the trouble.