• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] How narcissistic are you (aware that you are)?

Check all symptoms that apply in accordance with their strength.

• Total voters

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Check as many symptoms as you think apply. Only one strength per symptom, please.

DSM-IV-TR said:
Diagnostic criteria for 301.81 Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

The poll is public and placed in the NT Rationale because I am especially interested in the votes of other (I)NT(J)s.

PS: Yes, I'll vote, as soon as I've finished mulling over the strength of my various symptoms.

Edit: I voted. :cry:

Last edited:

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
:doh:

Will an admin please add a "None of the above" option to the poll? Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: And thank you again!

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting.Especially the results about 3 and 8.

G

garbage

Does it still count if I believe others are envious of me because a few misguided souls constantly say they are?

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Mildly narcissistic. It comes with being an INTP.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Mildly narcissistic. It comes with being an INTP.

Really? I often forget I exist as an interactive individual. I thought schizoid tendencies came with being INTP.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I have 2 as Major, and 1 and 3 are minor. Really though I think #2 seems pretty natural for an NT. Maybe that's just me.

MonkeyGrass

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
mild 3, 4 and 8. That's only because they're true. :alttongue:

As for #4, I only require this from those who are quite close, and even then, I'm not demanding. I just enjoy it. I tend to return the favor. :wubbie:

LucrativeSid

I can be self-centered and egotistical at times, so you could call me narcissistic if you're just using the word as an adjective, but as far as the actual personality disorder goes, I have none of the listed traits. I'm glad I don't have to live like that, and I'm glad I've never met anyone with NPD.

I almost chose mild for number 2, but I think there's a big difference between being preoccupied with something and occasionally having a fantasy about it. I chose none of the above.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Dude, I rock. I'm the best, I'm amazing, and I'm dazzling. I have big important shoulders. You may think they are a joke, but I know they are important. When I touch them at night, I feel important. A perfect individual must look, feel and act perfect, as well as important. You may be thinking to yourself, that you have better, shoulders.

Your shoulders are pretty damn good, mine are pretty damn better.

They're also made of bony calcium unlike inferior sharks and insects. Note how they are covered in a strong fleshy exterior, unlike the inferior insect which has a bony exo-skeleton. Go ahead, touch my shoulders, you'll feel important too.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Dude, I rock. I'm the best, I'm amazing, and I'm dazzling. I have big important shoulders. You may think they are a joke, but I know they are important. When I touch them at night, I feel important. A perfect individual must look, feel and act perfect, as well as important. You may be thinking to yourself, that you have better, shoulders.

Your shoulders are pretty damn good, mine are pretty damn better.

They're also made of bony calcium unlike inferior sharks and insects. Note how they are covered in a strong fleshy exterior, unlike the inferior insect which has a bony exo-skeleton. Go ahead, touch my shoulders, you'll feel important too.

I touched them and they made my hands grow fifteen sizes. Now my gloves don't fit and my hands are cold.

:nice:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:blush: I dunno..I do enjoy daydreaming and building the perfect life for myself that way, so that one, yes. The others I had more when I was younger still, but that was more out of uncertainty than out of narcissism, I think.

Admiration in a way is validation that you're doing the right thing, and the 'feeling special' thing was more coz most of my environment didn't seem to get me, no matter how much I explained. You kinda conclude out of that that you must be some alien that doesn't belong, really. And you get very happy when you do find other aliens like that :alttongue:
As for exploitative..I do sometimes nudge people my way, and I admit..it is fun to do so, but I make sure I don't abuse it and repay them for the favor they did me.

hommefatal

My narcisstic tendencies come from my histrionic tendencies. I am not narcisstic, there are just some points that are the same for both.