User Tag List

View Poll Results: Check all symptoms that apply in accordance with their strength.

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marked: (1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (...)

9 11.69%
  • Marked: (2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, (...)

23 29.87%
  • Marked: (3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by (...)

13 16.88%
  • Marked: (4) requires excessive admiration

5 6.49%
  • Marked: (5) has a sense of entitlement (...)

6 7.79%
  • Marked: (6) is interpersonally exploitative (...)

10 12.99%
  • Marked: (7) lacks empathy (...)

9 11.69%
  • Marked: (8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

7 9.09%
  • Marked: (9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

4 5.19%
  • Mild: (1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance

12 15.58%
  • Mild: (2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, (...)

22 28.57%
  • Mild: (3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by (...)

25 32.47%
  • Mild: (4) requires excessive admiration

13 16.88%
  • Mild: (5) has a sense of entitlement (...)

16 20.78%
  • Mild: (6) is interpersonally exploitative (...)

11 14.29%
  • Mild: (7) lacks empathy (...)

13 16.88%
  • Mild: (8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

16 20.78%
  • Mild: (9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

27 35.06%
  • None of the above

10 12.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default How narcissistic are you (aware that you are)?

Non of the above, in fact, I suffer from the lack of all of that, that's why I keep reminding myself to have appreciation for myself..
    But it's also important to me to get appreciation from others for things I do to them, but if they don't show that appreciation, I have a funny way to remind them of my favors and show them that I actually had a bless upon them and they should be thankful to have me in their life[emoji12][emoji12]
    And the other thing is that I get frustrated and feel aggressive when someone ignores me on purpose, basically because I'm naturally grabbing attention of most of the people when I walk into a room, and also when I talk, so if someone ignores me on purpose that feels so disrespectful and insulting. and I instantly feel aggressive and emotional over it..
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Reading the criteria, I can think of people who would fulfill many yet clearly are not narcissists. One of my many gripes with modern psychology is the deliberate vagueness of diagnostic criteria.

Marked 2, 9
    Mild 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

So there you go...surely I must be a narcissist!

Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

I'm not narcissistic in the way you'd usually describe it, but it's still a feeling of being separated from other people. Kind of this 'No one understands what I'm going through / has it as bad as me' way of thinking, which can be a narcissist mentality all by itself I think.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Which is more opposite of narcissism: self-loathing or existential apathy?

across the universe Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    In "Pure Entitlement" or NPD? If the latter, I would say neither really. They're substantial parts of it, actually.

Maybe not self-loathing (that's more BPD), but certainly very low actual self esteem. And existential apathy could be the cause of the emptiness that is felt in many PDs.

I'd say I relate to mild 2,3,4,5 and 8.
    I blame it on being a 4 core and 3 wing... I blame it on the enneagram!

MBTI
    yupp

only mild 3, but is it a problem if its true? and no it's not me being a fucking victim its just something that's been proved repeatly, damnit all you think oh blah blah because for most of my life i assumed anyone could understand me but most fucking can't. and if that makes me narcisist then you don't know.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Worship me!
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I identify with mild 3. I don't often feel understood, but on one level I think it may not be possible for any two human beings to fully understand each other, so it's not something I feel exclusively applies to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    Self-loathing can require too much focus on self and can be part of a weird dynamic of over/under-inflation of self. People can feel deeply insecure that maybe they aren't superior to everyone else. There is a weird way I've seen people who identify as low self-esteem also feel incredibly entitled. It can only be the insecurity of not being superior? The wiki description of narcissism includes two major types: focus on grandiosity and focus on victimization. Feeling victimized is a little different from self-loathing, but it can be related. Narcissists are also quite apathetic towards others, so the apathy would have to be directed towards self to be the opposite.

I would say that there is an inverse relationship between empathy and narcissism. Both break down the boundaries between Self and Other, and taken to an extreme, both fuse a sense of Self with Other. When pain is encountered both the empath and the narcissist can take on the experience of pain in the other person. For the empath, it is about the other person, but for the narcissist, the pain of others is also about Self. There is a way to identify the difference - observe how the individual solves the problem of pain. Do they require Others to assist their pain? Do they take from others to resolve it? Or do they extend Self too far to assist the pain of others? Do they give to an unhealthy extent to resolve it?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I identify with mild 3. I don't often feel understood, but on one level I think it may not be possible for any two human beings to fully understand each other, so it's not something I feel exclusively applies to me.

Self-loathing can require too much focus on self and can be part of a weird dynamic of over/under-inflation of self. People can feel deeply insecure that maybe they aren't superior to everyone else. There is a weird way I've seen people who identify as low self-esteem also feel incredibly entitled. It can only be the insecurity of not being superior? The wiki description of narcissism includes two major types: focus on grandiosity and focus on victimization. Feeling victimized is a little different from self-loathing, but it can be related. Narcissists are also quite apathetic towards others, so the apathy would have to be directed towards self to be the opposite.

I would say that there is an inverse relationship between empathy and narcissism. Both break down the boundaries between Self and Other, and taken to an extreme, both fuse a sense of Self with Other. When pain is encountered both the empath and the narcissist can take on the experience of pain in the other person. For the empath, it is about the other person, but for the narcissist, the pain of others is also about Self. There is a way to identify the difference - observe how the individual solves the problem of pain. Do they require Others to assist their pain? Do they take from others to resolve it? Or do they extend Self too far to assist the pain of others? Do they give to an unhealthy extent to resolve it?

That is interesting - does this mean that an empath who is succumbing under weight of it all (because they take on the pain of others but do not necessarily know yet how to regulate the intensity, detach and actually have the distance needed to address and resolve that pain, so it accumulates instead) and finally does turn to themselves and can no longer contain the eruption would temporarily become narcissistic?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”