User Tag List

View Poll Results: Check all symptoms that apply in accordance with their strength.

77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marked: (1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (...)

9 11.69%
  • Marked: (2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, (...)

23 29.87%
  • Marked: (3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by (...)

13 16.88%
  • Marked: (4) requires excessive admiration

5 6.49%
  • Marked: (5) has a sense of entitlement (...)

6 7.79%
  • Marked: (6) is interpersonally exploitative (...)

10 12.99%
  • Marked: (7) lacks empathy (...)

9 11.69%
  • Marked: (8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

7 9.09%
  • Marked: (9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

4 5.19%
  • Mild: (1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance

12 15.58%
  • Mild: (2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, (...)

22 28.57%
  • Mild: (3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by (...)

25 32.47%
  • Mild: (4) requires excessive admiration

13 16.88%
  • Mild: (5) has a sense of entitlement (...)

16 20.78%
  • Mild: (6) is interpersonally exploitative (...)

11 14.29%
  • Mild: (7) lacks empathy (...)

13 16.88%
  • Mild: (8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

16 20.78%
  • Mild: (9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

27 35.06%
  • None of the above

10 12.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How narcissistic are you (aware that you are)?

According to the list, I have dated probably every narcissist on the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    According to the list, I have dated probably every narcissist on the face of the earth.
    I'm not saying I'm amazing, but when you date me, I'll show you what real narcissism is. But, then again, I'm also amazing by myself <3.

GOOD GOD, I'm awesome.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.

I'd suggest if you are interested in understanding narcissim better check out this guy's website:
    Idealization, Grandiosity, Cathexis, and Narcissistic Progress

The Narcissist's Stripped Ego

He is a self proclaimed narcissist. It's funny as he actually says his source of NS is gotten by helping other people learn about narcissism so he has the huge website-thus supply of attention.

It is a very interesting read.

3w2 so

This questions is unfair towards E-types

As in: I tried my best, now admire me !
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I have 2 as Major, and 1 and 3 are minor. Really though I think #2 seems pretty natural for an NT. Maybe that's just me.
    Nope. Definately not an NT thing. I almost always have fantasies about how I plan on growing up and, well, FAILING...
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Check as many symptoms as you think apply. Only one strength per symptom, please.

The poll is public and placed in the NT Rationale because I am especially interested in the votes of other (I)NT(J)s.

PS: Yes, I'll vote, as soon as I've finished mulling over the strength of my various symptoms.

Edit: I voted.
    I'm an INTJ and none of those apply to me. I must be broken.

I don't actually think INTJs are prone to narcissism; excessive pride and arrogance maybe, but not narcissism.

Econ, I assume you are concerned that you meet the criteria for a narcissist? Is this a recent awareness or something you've looked into for a while?

I call 2 ambition . I don't actually believe I'll get there, but it's cool to aim for. And my reasoning to get there is so I can get other things done, and move the world to a place where I get to see certain things in my lifetime. For instance I want to see other planets and stuff, and explore space, but governments want to talk about closed systems like the economy. yawn..

All the nine traits are common. It's only NPD when you do too many, and do them excessively.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Honestly, my IRL INTJs can come across as arrogant, obnoxious, argumentative, a little huaghty, but it is all misinterrpretation on the part of the observer. None of my INTJs, even the worst, really seem to fit the mold quite right-especially the parts about insecurity and need for social recognition, via bragging on nice things and such. They dont hold these opinions internally, they are just told they look that way.

I currently have a pet lab bunny narcissit, who has driven me nuts, and is 9 of 9 on the NPD scale above. Normally I'd feel bad studying a person who was a little odd, but trust me, he deserves it (and a broken nose). It is utterly fascinating and I think some of the very basic assumptions about this disorder may not be right.

They are very difficult to help or change, but I think the whole problem has been interrpreted incorrectly. If you dont understand the core issue, can you really ever hope to fix the problem by treating the symptoms?

Same thing for borderline personality disorder.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar

If this is narcissism, I think I might be a mild narcissist myself, in a few ways.

And I think, as crazy as this sounds... I think I actually LIKE narcissists a lot more than other kinds of people. Other kinds of people just seem boring, somehow, and being around them makes me feel bored/boring as well... it's like they have no vision. Narcissists maybe arrogant and lacking empathy, but at least they're interesting.

Senior Member Array purplesocks's Avatar
    3w2 so/sx

Mild 2
    I'm not absolute on my typings, so don't be harsh on me if I'm way off base.