User Tag List

First 12

Thread: nerdtopia?

MBTI
    intj

Physics.

Sometimes it appears I'm the only nerd ever that doesn't care about video games.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I read that in ancient times before the internet it involved model train sets.
    Two words: HAM radio.

That shit used to be HOT YO

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    math and/or physics, nerdtopia???
    Math is nerdtopia. Physics is considered nerdy because it uses a lot of heavy math. Think about this for a second: what is nerdier Physics or Psychology? Which subject requires heavier math? I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I'm done with online games....unless its FFXIV since I had fond memories of FFXI.
    I just went back to FFXI after leaving in Fall 06. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and they've added several features to make it more friendly to casual players.

/em dangles carrot just in front of forzen's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Does no one sit down for a nice game of Dungeons and Dragons anymore?
    I found a group that plays sometimes on the weekends, but it's just not the same. I think 4th edition is fun, but it seems to have even more focus on combat and less on role-playing than earlier editions.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP

That game is the devil. I use to be so addicted....good thing its finally over, only took 4 years of endless grind :steam:.
    I got my addiction out of the way with the original Everquest ... "only" took 2 years. I do play WoW, but only casually. I still haven't hit L80 yet.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    I got my addiction out of the way with the original Everquest ... "only" took 2 years.
    You INTP's have ruined your own lands, you shall not ruin mine!

*Fippy storms the castle*

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Math is nerdtopia. Physics is considered nerdy because it uses a lot of heavy math. Think about this for a second: what is nerdier Physics or Psychology? Which subject requires heavier math? I rest my case.

I just went back to FFXI after leaving in Fall 06. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and they've added several features to make it more friendly to casual players.

/em dangles carrot just in front of forzen's face.

I found a group that plays sometimes on the weekends, but it's just not the same. I think 4th edition is fun, but it seems to have even more focus on combat and less on role-playing than earlier editions.
    Lol, nah if i'm going to get back to FFXI, i'll wait for FFXIV to come out. I just saw a trailer of it and it looks sweet. Plus i still had nightmares on the first time i was trying to install the game.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

FFXIV
    Jesus Christ, when is that series going to end?
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    You INTP's have ruined your own lands, you shall not ruin mine!

*Fippy storms the castle*
    Fippy Darkpaw ... that brings back some memories

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Lol, nah if i'm going to get back to FFXI, i'll wait for FFXIV to come out. I just saw a trailer of it and it looks sweet. Plus i still had nightmares on the first time i was trying to install the game.
    Lol so true. I played WoW for a little bit, and realized the main thing they did to make it popular is to remove as much of the frustrating stuff from MMO's as possible. With FFXI there is a ton of stuff that I really like, but over the years I've experienced a ton of stuff that was really frustrating too. I mean there are some aspects of FFXI that no other MMO even comes close to touching (like storyline for example), but you have to put up with a lot of crap to enjoy the good stuff.

Here's hoping that with FFXIV they kept all of their standout qualities while removing all of the frustrating crap that people had to deal with in FFXI.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com