• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] The last time you outsmarted an INTJ / INTP

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I today just was faced with a life and death situation, so business as usual. But then I needed some crucial information only the biggest jer... genius on the base happened to know: :D

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyWuz8_I7ag"]:D[/YOUTUBE]

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
What does it mean to outsmart someone? One cannot know everything about everything. There could be a savant with a highly specialized area of expertise that could know more than a person in a given area, but I don't think that is outsmarting the person. And even if by your definition (which I await) it is such that in that case it would be an instance of outsmarting the person, that is not to say that on the whole they outsmart the person (for the person may outsmart them in multiple particular areas). Furthermore, a person of average intelligence who speaks fast can memorize a lot of technical data and fire it at you rapidly so that in creates a dynamic such that if you're not comprehending as fast as their speaking, it can make the person speaking think they're outsmarting another or the person who isn't getting it think they're being outsmarted. But this is false. And on the contrary, it could be the case that, when given the same start time to absorb the information, the other person might do it at twice the speed. Given that, we could hardly conclude that in the first case the person had outsmarted the other. Alternatively, there could be a person who talks at length about very insightful and original things, and another person who says nothing until they find a minute flaw--something many people are searching for to begin with. Would we call the exposition of that flaw an instance of outsmarting the person? Again, I think such an assumption is foolish to make. A comment, a counterpoint, a counterargument, even a lecture made by a person does not necessarily mean that they've outsmarted another. Outsmarting another, for me, means standing someone's logic on its head time after time and in such a way that the person is forced to agree with you (not out of whim or emotion, but understands that the level of sensibility is clearly superior). Given that definition, I've never met someone who has outsmarted me on the whole, and I've only met one person who I'd consider my equal in intelligence (though different).

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I've managed to outsmart an INTJ. I was coxing a crew shell, and he said that I wouldn't be able to dock and that I would crash. I ordered seats two and four to join in and seats eight and six to back it down. I docked it perfectly, and I proved the INTJ wrong.

Atomic Fiend

The last argument I had with one. That being said I don't argue something unless I'm sure of what I'm talking about, and I mean absolutely sure.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't think I ever have outsmarted another INTJ or INTP. They seem to always outsmart me.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Damn, I was hoping for some popsicles down in the cellar.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's probably never really happened.

Usehername

On a mission
I've managed to outsmart an INTJ. I was coxing a crew shell, and he said that I wouldn't be able to dock and that I would crash. I ordered seats two and four to join in and seats eight and six to back it down. I docked it perfectly, and I proved the INTJ wrong.

But isn't the INTJ in the boat because they are rowing it? Gaining a super-ripped bod? Developing their self-discipline? Pushing their limits mentally and physically?

And aren't you in the boat, getting up before the sunrise to be on the water for 5:30 am, just to sit in it for the free ride while you say a command here and there?

Didn't the INTJ already win by virtue of sacrificing his time for more reaping rewards than those that you gain from coxing?

I think you may have gained a small and phyrric victory. :)D)

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yay for outsmarting. Way to move things forward.

The major difference between TP and TJ? One leans to chaos, the other leans to construction. To outsmart a TJ is to delay construction. Outsmarting a TP yields what? Novelty they'll enjoy.

Recently been thinking, this characteristic difference between TP and TJ, it's one thinks, the other chooses. The stupid thing about insisting that INTJs are thinkers, and only thinkers, is the limit it imposes: it doesn't allow that refinement of choice when things are happening is part of the "thinking" process.

So yeah, outsmarting FTW.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you may have gained a small and phyrric victory. :)D)

Not exactly. The same kind of rigorous training is required for everyone in crew. Just because mortabund doesnt row during a match doesnt mean he doesnt reap the benefit of the effort required to get there (hard body included, presumably). Not to mention the fact that coxswains typically have fairly strict diets even in heavyweight divisions because they can't add drag to the boat. Therefore he reaps all benefits his INTj team mate does, and is respected enough to be placed in a clutch position. That hardly constitutes a pyrrhic victory in my book.

I'll take a popsicle in the basement if there are any strawberry left!:cheese:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't tend to argue uninformed. So usually I have plenty of baggage to back me up.

But I get outsmarted all the time when it comes to less heated discussions or everyday chit chats, when I'm not really focused on the subject at all or being a sensotard. Usually by S's too.

Not sure if that really counts as outsmarted. I'm usually just like "Good for you, I still don't care about the subject." :p

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I grappled an INTJ who outweighed me by 100+. He was dominating me the whole time, or so he thought ;) I was letting him waste his energy before I choked him out with a rear naked choke. It was quite the ego boost. I also bait my intp best friend into questions that I can make fun of him regardless of his answer. He may be a database of information but sometimes P's just take the bait when a J sets a trap hehe.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
haha :laugh:

The enfjs bring the sexy back in Evil Overlord. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just outsmarted one, but only on a tiny thing though :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you really want to, I could start by outsmarting you back with every single chance I will get. ;)